What is it with some people....

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the 3 Gens of Vipers, and I am one who drives them. If I have to stop by the store when cruising I will do it, as long as it's not a rough area etc. Almost all experiences have been positive. Dads and their kids may be waiting when I come out and I usually let the kids sit in it etc.

Occasionally, but rarely I will get a **** who leaves a smart ass note. Saturday I am at Barnes and Noble (generally not known as a rough crowd) I parked as always out of the way--not trying to show off or be in the way. When I come out there is a note saying, "sorry to hear about your penis". God, at least say something original and funny. (then again, maybe it was an old girlfriend)

This is why I usually keep a Vette in inventory (though none at present) I can drive a Vette anywhere without incident or problem, and it is a great car. I just don't get why a person does stupid stuff like this.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jealousy, why else? Believe me, in a rough area, they wouldn't know how to write, let alone just leave a note. :D

I see notes and advertisements left on my windshield all the time. I've gotten a range from insults like yours to phone numbers. Now I make it policy never to read any of them. Just toss it on the ground and drive away. SOmetimes they hover around to see the expression on your face. Don't give them the satisfaction.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were looking in the "Erectile Dysfunctional remedies" section of Barnes & Noble?

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew:

No. Nor was I looking at the "Alterntive Lifestyles" or "*** /*******" sections--both of which seem disproportionately large at most bookstores.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pure envy. Its much easier to talk s**t about people who have worked hard and can now enjoy the finer things in life than it is to become one of those people.

Some burned out, *** smoking (literally), ***** spit on my Viper right in front of me one night when I was coming out of a restaurant. Then proceded to assure me that only a stuck up a-hole would drive a car like that. I just laughed at her and assured here that spitting on a man's car was the only way he would ever take notice of a nasty crack ***** like herself. She was still screaming obsenities at me when I drove off.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pure envy. Its much easier to talk s**t about people who have worked hard and can now enjoy the finer things in life than it is to become one of those people.

Some burned out, *** smoking (literally), ***** spit on my Viper right in front of me one night when I was coming out of a restaurant. Then proceded to assure me that only a stuck up a-hole would drive a car like that. I just laughed at her and assured here that spitting on a man's car was the only way he would ever take notice of a nasty crack ***** like herself. She was still screaming obsenities at me when I drove off.
I bet if some Gang-Sta pulled up in his **** Cadillac Escalade, with $50k worth of rims and DVD players, she would say chit. He be cool. [******]

It's funny, I thought owning a Gen III I'd draw LESS attention. So far that hasn't been the case.

2005 Silver SRT/10

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some burned out, *** smoking (literally), ***** spit on my Viper right in front of me one night when I was coming out of a restaurant.

If that happened to me, she'd be a toothless, burned out, *** smoking (literally), ***** when I got done.

It took every bit of self control I have not to punch her out. As satisfying as that would have been, it wouldn't have been worth the assult charges and law suits that would have inevitably followed (unless the judge was a car enthusiast, lol). Had it been a man... whole nother story.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The viper attracts attention, good and bad. I have dealt with both. the last bad experience someone threw a carton full of some stick crap at the car on the parkway. Luckily it hit the top and it was up. Nonetheless, this crap was everywhere. I immediately turned around and went home to wash it off. It was eggs.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I just don't get why a person does stupid stuff like this. >>

i like to refer to it as "poverty".

Or just a life time of poor decision making skills.

2005 Silver SRT/10

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know if you said that joker drove a Vette, but it reminds me of my Saturday also ...

Guy in a Blue C5 Z06 roars by me, revving his engine. I pull up next to him to talk or see if he wants to race ... he doesn't roll down his window, and he jumps the gun and just punches it ... I started after him, but then decided not to (we were on a narrow side street, with the curb very close while I spun my tires). It didn't seem worth wrecking my car.

... The moral is that this guy just wanted to beat a Viper so bad, that he would do anything to get in front ... I stopped after a hundred feet or so, but he just kept going.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I drive my Viper a fair amount of time (13k in 16 months) I really consider myself lucky that I haven't had more vandalism than I have. So far, the car has been spit on once and keyed once. Both had me bouncing off the walls mad and had I found who did either, I would've cracked their skull open with my 4 way lug wrench, but I've heard of a lot worse happening to other Viper people. So far, 99% of the people I have talked to/met because of the car have been very nice and appreciative of how great a car like a Viper is.

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt people are "randomly" keying a viper...usually that is provoked by someone who hates you or someone you may have ********** on the road.

But than again...this world is overloaded with losers who have nothing better to do by begrudge people for enjoying nice things....so anything is possible.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had only two incidents in all of the years I have owned multiple Vipers. I came home from Barnes & Noble one night and found a huge loogy on top of my GTS. What is it about Barnes & Noble anyway? The second - I returned to my car one night to find the following note on the windshield: "Your car is amazing! We love U and Rob (my son). We wanna do you for your car!" Obviously left by teenage girls (or boys?!).

Bob K

jaydoc1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey my wife says my d**k looks way bigger now that I own a Viper. Who am I to argue with results?

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I doubt people are "randomly" keying a viper...usually that is provoked by someone who hates you or someone you may have ********** on the road.

But than again...this world is overloaded with losers who have nothing better to do by begrudge people for enjoying nice things....so anything is possible.

Please tell me you are not that naive!!!

low-education, low-income who are ANGRY and JEALOUS will key your car in a second!!

with the exception of my SRT (knock-knock-knock) I've had ALL MY CARS keyed. Yes, ALL OF THEM. To different degrees....

RT10 just a scratch in 1/4 panel... Supra was so deep they must have used a screwdriver, down to the metal.... 911 from headlight to taillight.. Vette the trunk top...

all in different spots.

One time, my own car (911), my dad's (S500) and brother's (souped up 350Z) were all scratched same day at work.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do guys really buy Vipers because they have small peckers? I don't know who made that [******] up, i bought my Viper because its simply Badass and i love everything about it. PLUS wouldn't a Viper get some guys MORE ass in some cases. Now why would you want more ass ifvyou have a small pecker?
I just laugh at crap like that, its pure jealousy! I've never had anyone say that to me before?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please tell me you are not that naive!!!

low-education, low-income who are ANGRY and JEALOUS will key your car in a second!!

with the exception of my SRT (knock-knock-knock) I've had ALL MY CARS keyed. Yes, ALL OF THEM. To different degrees....

RT10 just a scratch in 1/4 panel... Supra was so deep they must have used a screwdriver, down to the metal.... 911 from headlight to taillight.. Vette the trunk top...

all in different spots.

One time, my own car (911), my dad's (S500) and brother's (souped up 350Z) were all scratched same day at work.
Dasnf you must live in a crappy area or an area full of *********. I feel bad for you :crazy:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, in over 5 years and ~90k of Viper driving, I have never had a note left (one dude tossed a flyer in for a detail service as I was walking up to the car, yeah that'll get my business), no spit (that I know of), no keying, etc. Of course I've had some rude comments (something about daddy buying it for me, haha), but well outweighed by positive comments and reactions.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had anything keyed, just spit on the GTS, 4 hours after owning it in DFW, TX

2005 Silver SRT/10

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Ive had my 2006 coupe for a month. Ive had nothing but positive comments, but I do live in a small town and my Viper is not a daily driver.

The only thing, I get kick out of this, some people are looking at the car and expecting some younger person to get out and out pops a 70 year old man. Ive got a few grins and shaking of heads.

Now get this one-some ask me what I do and I tell them I am a retired preacher and they almost fall over backward.

Well I may be a retired preacher but I have a lot of good clean fun ,and I try to never to judge other people. Been around racing all my life especially outboard boat racing.

On occasions, uh-clearing my throat, a Mustang or Corvette has to be shown what a Viper , driven by a old preacher man, can do. ;)

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. I have NEVER had any negative reactions (physical or verbal) to my GTS. I've gotten literally dozens of "thumbs ups", I've had guys and girls yell out the window that they love the car, I've had girls ask me to marry them (even with another girl in my car) and I've had people standing around it when I come outside after shopping.

I always spend however much time talking to them as they want. I let people sit in the car. I let them take pictures of it. I pop the hood. I show them the dyno sheets if they want to see them. Whatever.

I just remember what it was like when I was younger and thought someone had a cool car. I will always remember the guys who were cool to me and the guys who were asshats. I NEVER want to be the latter.

As for the small penis jokes, those are just to make those who can't afford a nice car feel better about themselves. Otherwise, I guess girls would all be looking for the guys with the dented up 1972 Malibu with primered doors and busted out headlights. SURELY, a guy that secure with his car is hung like Tommy Lee, right?

RainMaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first got my blue SRT 10 around Christmas time, I had it parked at the DMV to get the tags and pay the dues. I was walking up to the car and an old lady comes up to me and says, " I feel sorry for you for driving such a thing. I was going to give this to charity buy you deserve it more than anybody else."

It was a can a beans.

I watched her drive away in her 80's corolla. I was so ticked I nearly threw the can at her when she left. Being Christmas time, I decided to take it somewhere and donated it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang