What is it worth? 2006 Yellow Coupe

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

Like the title says, what would you pay?

2006 Viper Coupe, 33k miles, yellow

Asking $42k....

Miles seem a bit high to me. Thanks for any input.

You must be registered for see images attach

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's a fair asking price. Make an offer and then get some black stripes put on. Painted of course, decals look like crap.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

Like the title says, what would you pay?

2006 Viper Coupe, 33k miles, yellow

Asking $42k....

Miles seem a bit high to me. Thanks for any input.

Have it checked out and see if they were hard miles...I had the same car with black stripes and mine stickered for 91,***..Race yellow is a fantastic color on a Viper. I dont think its too bad of a price and with the money you can save as opposed to a low mile Yellow 06 you can slap on some mods...Kevin

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems low to me even with mikes. If it checks out I'd pick that up quick. To be honest if I had saw this deal before I purchased my gts I'd had picked it up.
Yellow is a great color on vipers. Look much nicer in person.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This isn't my car...

Give me some details on yours.

Mine is a 2005. I am original owner. Basically stock with cat-back exhaust only. Chrome wheels from Calchrome back in 2/09. Garaged kept, mint cond., blah, blah, blah. Pics taken around 3/09

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
$42K seems like a reasonable price depending on location, condition, and any extras.

29, Your Yellow looks outstanding with the Calchrome 10 spokes. $35k seems to be a smoking deal for someone if you decide to sell.

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a VERY nice Sollid Yellow 2006 Coupe that sold on Ebay, for $41k.
The car had 16k miles on it, and was original owner.. That sale was just in the last 60 days or so. So, a good indication of the market..

This car has twice the mileage. Maybe $38-$40k..

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a VERY nice Sollid Yellow 2006 Coupe that sold on Ebay, for $41k.
The car had 16k miles on it, and was original owner.. That sale was just in the last 60 days or so. So, a good indication of the market..

This car has twice the mileage. Maybe $38-$40k..

Thanks for that info... It is a local car and I'm gonna go check it out this upcoming weekend. If it is nice, I may make him an offer.... I was thinking upper $30's myself.

:2tu:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the driver rear wheel is bent (beyond repair) from that photo. Keep in mind, it's a forged wheel and takes a LOT of force to dent/bend it that hard. I would check to see what kind of suspensior repairs and body damage that car has....Just my $0.02

V

Venomiss

It's yellow.
Much faster than red so worth much more.
Priceless.:D

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the driver rear wheel is bent (beyond repair) from that photo. Keep in mind, it's a forged wheel and takes a LOT of force to dent/bend it that hard. I would check to see what kind of suspensior repairs and body damage that car has....Just my $0.02

Very good eye.... I didn't even notice it. I asked the owner and he said one of the rims is dented. I don't think I'm going to bother checking it out..... seems like it was beat on based on what the owner was telling me.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking mid to high $30s on this car. Miles is a killer but if it shows well and the price is right , I would not hesitate and go for it since we know these are bulletproof.

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went to see the car today.... he hit a semi tire on the highway, so the front clip needs resprayed, left rocker also, rear diffuser bent, left rear rim dented...

Deal breaker for me, it was in a prior accident and was repaired (not well) and needs work. The owner did not know if it had a salvage title... I didn't even bother taking the car for a drive. Car had carbon fiber center console, aftermarket shifter handle and I believe everything else was bone stock. Tires had enough meat left....

Just letting anyone know if they see the car for sale anywhere.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude...42k for a 2006 coupe is LOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.......Last time I checked they were all 48-52K...

As far as mileage goes people blow my mind with their perception of vipers...Honestly a 4 year old car with 30K miles is still a barely broken in engine in my eyes...You find a 30K mile 2005 nsx or a 30 K mile 2006 E55 AMG and people will say it's still brand new....But find a 2006 Viper with 20K miles and GASP!!!!!!

Now if it was sustantial damage then Id stay away as well...If it's just scratches..Id personnaly buy it...42K for my dream ride ( a yellow coupe) seems like a deal...39K and Id buy it as long as a mechanic checked her out and said it was only visual not functional damage..

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude...42k for a 2006 coupe is LOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.......Last time I checked they were all 48-52K...

As far as mileage goes people blow my mind with their perception of vipers...Honestly a 4 year old car with 30K miles is still a barely broken in engine in my eyes...You find a 30K mile 2005 nsx or a 30 K mile 2006 E55 AMG and people will say it's still brand new....But find a 2006 Viper with 20K miles and GASP!!!!!!

Now if it was sustantial damage then Id stay away as well...If it's just scratches..Id personnaly buy it...42K for my dream ride ( a yellow coupe) seems like a deal...39K and Id buy it as long as a mechanic checked her out and said it was only visual not functional damage..

Read the thread... a 2006 sold for $41k recently with less miles. There are deals to be had. I was hoping this was one of them....

I'll spend $50k for the right car..... this one was nothing near what I wanted. I'm not buying a salvage title and need to spend $5k to $10k to make it right.

A buddy of mine met me at the buyers house in his 2001 GTS and that made my decision for me. I know what I'm buying now :2tu:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read the thread... a 2006 sold for $41k recently with less miles. There are deals to be had. I was hoping this was one of them....

I'll spend $50k for the right car..... this one was nothing near what I wanted. I'm not buying a salvage title and need to spend $5k to $10k to make it right.

A buddy of mine met me at the buyers house in his 2001 GTS and that made my decision for me. I know what I'm buying now :2tu:

Im gonna ruffle some feathers with this one but Im gonna tell like I see it..

Ive had a 99 and a 2003 Viper.....

The 2003 has MUCH better fit and finish
The 2003 has MUCH better interior
The 2003 has MUCH better brakes
The 2003 has slightly better 1/4 mile performance
The 2003 has MUCH better track performance
The 2003 has a slightly higher top speed
The 2003 is MUCH easier to daily drive
The 2003 has a much better clutch/brake/gas lay out
The 2003 has a much nicer looking engine lay out

The GTS has a slightly nicer look than the 2003 vert but falls a lil short to the 2006 coupe but that is subjective
The GTS has a kooler opening hood

I had the 99 first and after going to the srt10 I could never drive a gen 2 again...Honestly my 91 nsx has a nicer interior and better fit and finish then my 99 Viper did..But the SRT10 blows my nsx away in those same catergories..

After a few months you'll be washing your GTS and notice that the gaps on the hood and lights and ect are all off and you'll be trying to adjust things...They were just not very cleanly fitting from the factory..

It's up to you..But I swear on everything I hold dear that the SRT10's are just better cars in pretty much every way...

The deal breaker for me is that these days you can buy base model 436 HP C6's for 47K...436 HP is right their with a 450 HP GTS...Atleaste with a SRT10 your in the 510 HP realm and still in the upper echelon even if just barely..

But again it's your coin...

Id highly suggest driving both in the same day...If you still want the GTS after that then theirs nonthing anyone can tell you

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im gonna ruffle some feathers with this one but Im gonna tell like I see it..

Ive had a 99 and a 2003 Viper.....

The 2003 has MUCH better fit and finish
The 2003 has MUCH better interior
The 2003 has MUCH better brakes
The 2003 has slightly better 1/4 mile performance
The 2003 has MUCH better track performance
The 2003 has a slightly higher top speed
The 2003 is MUCH easier to daily drive
The 2003 has a much better clutch/brake/gas lay out
The 2003 has a much nicer looking engine lay out

The GTS has a slightly nicer look than the 2003 vert but falls a lil short to the 2006 coupe but that is subjective
The GTS has a kooler opening hood

I had the 99 first and after going to the srt10 I could never drive a gen 2 again...Honestly my 91 nsx has a nicer interior and better fit and finish then my 99 Viper did..But the SRT10 blows my nsx away in those same catergories..

After a few months you'll be washing your GTS and notice that the gaps on the hood and lights and ect are all off and you'll be trying to adjust things...They were just not very cleanly fitting from the factory..

It's up to you..But I swear on everything I hold dear that the SRT10's are just better cars in pretty much every way...

The deal breaker for me is that these days you can buy base model 436 HP C6's for 47K...436 HP is right their with a 450 HP GTS...Atleaste with a SRT10 your in the 510 HP realm and still in the upper echelon even if just barely..

But again it's your coin...

Id highly suggest driving both in the same day...If you still want the GTS after that then theirs nonthing anyone can tell you
I dont know about the quarter mile perf as BONE STOCK-STOCK TIRES Gen 2 have run 11.5-11.7 .

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm coming from vettes and the GTS is a dream car that I have always wanted. A GTS looks better than a SRT-10 vert and also better than the coupe IMO. When I went to look at this coupe, my buddy met me in his yellow GTS and it was hands down the better looking car. It was good to see them next to each other for a comparison.

If I was looking for a better driver car, I would just buy a C6 Z06.

I am still keeping my options open, but I'm pretty sure I am getting a GTS. Thanks for your input.... I know what you mean about the fit / finish and comfort of the SRT-10's.

V

Venomiss

So is your friend a VCA member?

If you are serious about buying you might want to try and meet the VCA members from your region. Knowing the owners/background on your Viper you want to purchase might save you big bucks in the long run.

Good luck with your search for a GTS.

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's only one CLASSIC Viper....... the RT/10. If you think otherwise you can kiss my patootie! :)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm coming from vettes and the GTS is a dream car that I have always wanted. A GTS looks better than a SRT-10 vert and also better than the coupe IMO. When I went to look at this coupe, my buddy met me in his yellow GTS and it was hands down the better looking car. It was good to see them next to each other for a comparison.

If I was looking for a better driver car, I would just buy a C6 Z06.

I am still keeping my options open, but I'm pretty sure I am getting a GTS. Thanks for your input.... I know what you mean about the fit / finish and comfort of the SRT-10's.

look..it's your coin...and ill be the fist to admit that the gts is a looker...

but the bottom line is that if your comparing a gts to a coupe..well just think about it..

Lets compare a 2002 gts to a 2006 coupe...

They are visually very close to eachother in the since that they look nearly identical...Kinda like comparing a 91 nsx to a 2005 nsx..It's essentially the same car just the 2006 has better fit and finish and differant lights ect...But the basic shape is similar...

So your gonna choose between two cars that are within 7K of eachother..Do you pick the newer/faster/more friendly model..Or the rough and tough older model..

I wont tell you a lie..For short blast the gts is a lil more fun..The low end grunt of the gen 2's is slightly more exilerating than the srt10's..while the srt10's have a bit more up top...

But for the love of god go test drive both..I almost wrecked my 450 HP 99 rt10 the first day I had it just leaving a stop sighn..Then almost again later that night when I decided to ramp her up to 120 mph and then started applying the breaks...Only to find out that gen2's brakes are HORRIBLE and I almost wrecked again just trying to slow down in time..

I came from a 2004 C5 vette..I had taken that car up to 170 mph many times and braked with supreme confidance...Leaving a stop sighn in the C5 was no problem or concern what so ever...

That gen2's brakes nearly killed me as they also seemed to lock up on me....Leaving the stop sighn...Just like any normal person would caused me to spin out in the middle of an intersection..Those gen2's have so much tourque at even 2000 rpm's that they are just BEASTE to drive...Some people love that old muscle car feeling...

Anyways if you havent already please go test drive both..The SRT10 is a huge upgrade to a base C5 or C5Z06 or base LS3 C6 in every catergory....

The GTS is a huge upgrade to the above mentioned cars in gawk factor and raw aceleration...But thats it..Afterall it was desighned in 1996...

Sorry if Im offending any gen2 owners...Just my honest opinion....

By the way......Gen3's have ran 11.5 at 124 mph....Quickest GTS Ive ever read of was 11.7 at 122...

But that tells little of the real story..The GTS can hang REALLY close with a srt10 in the 1/4 mile because it can put the power down better..has smaller tires and more low end grunt...

But the SRT10 can hit 0-150 mph in 19.5 seconds..The GTS hits the same 150 mph in 22.0 seconds...

Wich means the SRT10 starts walking away past 120 mph with it's extra 40 rwhp on tap

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went to see the car today.... he hit a semi tire on the highway, so the front clip needs resprayed, left rocker also, rear diffuser bent, left rear rim dented...

Just letting anyone know if they see the car for sale anywhere.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to call B.S. on the semi tire denting the rear wheel. Everything else, I can see as a result of a semi tire, but not the wheel. I believe that car has run-flat's with a stiffer side wall, and the fact that it is a forged wheel that requires a LOT of force to bend. I've seen a Viper wheel that hit a curb at 50mph (offset frontal) and the dent in the wheel was much less noticeable than that. I could be wrong, but I'm just not buying it. The damage sounds more in line with someone going over a curb, but who knows. :dunno:

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is your friend a VCA member?

If you are serious about buying you might want to try and meet the VCA members from your region. Knowing the owners/background on your Viper you want to purchase might save you big bucks in the long run.

Good luck with your search for a GTS.

Yes, he is a VCA member.... there aren't many Vipers local in NC, I've looked.

look..it's your coin...and ill be the fist to admit that the gts is a looker...

Thanks for your input, but I don't really care on which one is faster STOCK. I like the looks of the GTS, that is a big deciding factor. A 99 GTS will be getting a blower eventually anyway... If I cared that much about 1/4 mile times, I would have just kept my blown vette.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to call B.S. on the semi tire denting the rear wheel.

The car was in a previous accident and I am pretty sure that is where the dent came from. I wasn't trying to say the buyer running over a semi tire dented the wheel. I was just trying to explain all the damage that I witnessed....

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car was in a previous accident and I am pretty sure that is where the dent came from. I wasn't trying to say the buyer running over a semi tire dented the wheel. I was just trying to explain all the damage that I witnessed....

Haha, I guess I read over the post too fast. Good luck in the search for the right car. I've never been happier :D

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That gen2's brakes nearly killed me as they also seemed to lock up on me....Leaving the stop sighn...Just like any normal person would caused me to spin out in the middle of an intersection..Those gen2's have so much tourque at even 2000 rpm's that they are just BEASTE to drive...Some people love that old muscle car feeling...

Can you explain this to me.... I know the non-ABS brakes can lock up, I get that. But spinning out from a dead stop? Seriously?

I just drove my buddies GTS and did not witness anything like that. This is my dyno graph from my vette I just sold... I don't think I will have a problem with a bone stock GTS. (I know they handle differently than vettes)

This is all relative....this is nothing compared to a ROE GTS or TT, but a stock GTS is not something that I would call scary.