When It's Time TO Sell Your Viper, Where to Advertise?

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When It\'s Time TO Sell Your Viper, Where to Advertise?

When someone wants to sell their viper, where do most people place their ads? Here, general internet (where), paper etc? :confused:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: When It\'s Time TO Sell Your Viper, Where to Advertise?

What I find here is that the well known Vipers will sell on this site but other than advertising here, I have heard Dupont Registry is good and eBay is good to unload the car or to just get advertising in general.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When someone wants to sell their viper, where do most people place their ads? Here, general internet (where), paper etc? :confused:

VCA Classifieds , Then post a link to the ad in the respective forum (Posting Policy does not allow classifeds in the forums, but "plug" posts are fine). Cheap ($30) for non-VCA members, FREE to VCA members.

Personally mostly I get complaints about the cost of DuPont Registry ads relative to results for "regular" Vipers. Rare cars like GT-2's, maybe. Heck, You can buy an animated banner ad just for your car for a year (over 400,000 views) on this site for what one picture ad would cost in Dupont Registry!

Ebay may not be a great place to sell a car, but it seems to be a place to get some cheap leads.

Several have had success with Autotrader.com too.

Don't forget your local club, many members have friends "Who are looking". Many Vipers are sold in this fashion.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Depending on how bad / fast you want to sell it.....list on one place or shotgun blast it to a number of sites such as.......

VCA classifieds, Autotrader, Cars.com, Cars-on-line.com, ebay, collectorcartrader.com, etc

Good luck!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have found its far better to low ball someone else on the sale of theirs, and then have someone tell you that they will buy yours in an effort to return the favor.

Worked in my case, matter of fact, its signature update time, I dont own the 2002 ACR anymore ! D.K. Former Chrysler guy does.

Jon

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I look at cars at Hemmings Motor News, Collector Car Trader, VCA Classifieds, E-Bay

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score

As a frequent shopper I have observed a few things. Advertise where there is a minimum of competition. This site, while it is a bargain, and gets pretty good exposure, might feature 6 vehicles of the same model year and color. Also sold vehicles aren't always reported and removed so there may be apparent competitors that really aren't still on the market. Too good a deal not to use but I prefer cars.com and autotrader.com the best. They have Zip code related search engines so shoppers in your area will see only local cars first before they cast a wider net.That is more of an issue for higher mileage cars because let's face it,if a buyer is searching the whole country for a color and year they will key on the low mileage options first but most people start out looking locally and your chances of having price cutting competition increase as you widen the search area.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You will find the most on Autotrader.com and Ebay. Ebay gets instant notice, however most sellers use it as an advertisement and the starting point for negotiation. If you have a fairly rare car, the wider the audience, the more likely you are to get what you are after by doing the national advertising.