Where is the AC Blower Motor?

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any clue where this part lives or how to get at it. It sounds like it is in the passenger footwell behind the glove box but I do not know how to get it out.

Logic tells me that its through the footwell but part of me things its under the cowl cover. Any thoughts or instructions.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any clue where this part lives or how to get at it. It sounds like it is in the passenger footwell behind the glove box but I do not know how to get it out.

Logic tells me that its through the footwell but part of me things its under the cowl cover. Any thoughts or instructions.

Funny enough, mine burned up and had to be replaced. It's a bear of a job that, from what I'm told, requires you to take the dash out and remove it from in front of the passenger seat. Dodge says it's an 8 hr job.

OP
OP
V

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny enough, mine burned up and had to be replaced. It's a bear of a job that, from what I'm told, requires you to take the dash out and remove it from in front of the passenger seat. Dodge says it's an 8 hr job.

So I am not going to be able to do it tonight, looks like no AC for the Coronado speed festival. If I could just get a little bit of lube up on main bearing it would kill the noise for a little while.

Going to take the scope and see if I can se up in there to fix it.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blower motor pays .8 (45min) warranty it is below the glove box. three screws. I have repaired mine as it was noisy.

OP
OP
V

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blower motor pays .8 (45min) warranty it is below the glove box. three screws. I have repaired mine as it was noisy.

Cool I am going to pull it apart tonight if I can get the chance. I went pounding around on the lower casing and was able to get the noise down to a reasonable level and get the fan up to speed.

Will Report Back. :drive:

EDIT

First viper techs must be real small to pull that job off in 0.8 hours. Just tightened everything down and knocked the low frequency stuff down.

Scoped it from the top vent, got a bit of aerosol tri-flow down through the cowl with a tube. Killed the last of it. Shoved some micro-fiber towels into the vents to stop anything from going all over the interior and crankd it up for about 15-20 minutes.

There was a bit of noise left, turned out to be couple crickets in the garage. SO if this works out I will take some pictures to post up.

Last edited: