Where is the Fall edition of Viper Magazine?

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I miss something or are we about to be one edition short for our membership for 2003? I haven't been visiting the board much lately, so I may have missed a note saying there won't be 4 editions this year or something, but dagone it I look forward to the magazine, and enjoy the articles. Anybody got a clue as to what is happening with Viper Magazine?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the magazine ***** but i paid 50 bucks for the darn thing. I wanna read it if I paid that kinda cash for the rag.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe it is being held to allow the announcement regarding a special offering of the Blue/White SRT/Ram to members on an exclusive basis.
In addition the should announce the raffle of one of these fantastic trucks for members only.
Expect it to arrive in your mailbox soon.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted the same thing a month or so back and still no one really knows. Oh well. I guess it is just one of those things that we can not control, unfortunately.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
On the press.

Expect it via first class mail within a few weeks.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please insert the theme from Jeopardy 'here'. Just a friendly reminder that December 21st is WINTER. We are still taking about getting the FALL edition?? AND since everything in it was written back in summertime.....Better have an SRT coupe on the cover!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who knows. I have signed up for it 2wice and both times I never get it and they never cash my check. I just buy it in the store. The book store here usually has it.

I still get my porsche magazine and my corvette quarterly 3 years after I had either car!!! :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
White Lightning, the 2004 SRT is the "Cover Girl" and it will mail before year end. It was prudent to delay a while to include VOI.8 and Daytona/Viper Pace Truck Lottery info.

Future issues Jan-July will creep back on seasonal schedule.

And I personally think its a GREAT mag, for $28 / 1 year. Ironic that back-issues are even cheaper!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be more prudent to speed up the issues, and include fall info in the fall and winter info (VOI8) in the winter! $28 per year for 4 issues, GREAT? Just my opinion. The yellow SRT was on the cover well AFTER 2fast 2furious was in theaters, and as we all know the car was not shown or represented very well.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what it would take to start a private mag? Maybe some of the tuners could help sponser it. Have more how to's, featered car, even coverage (like nats) Classified section.

Stiffler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone who includes their Viper's in their weddings get's their pic in Viper Magazine......except my wife and I. Maybe they are going back and putting our picture in. Not.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the press.

Expect it via first class mail within a few weeks.

Joe, it is now ONE MONTH since your post about the 'few weeks'. Maybe I've been kicked out of the club? They cannot seriously expect to deliver the FALL edition in January? Maybe we can just skip fall and get the WINTER edition now? I really don't want to read about all the snakes in winter hibernation when it's 80 outside! Speed up the process, or save the money by canceling the mag.(OR, fire the publishers! A kid with a three year old computer could produce a magazine in his basement in a couple weeks)

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, the solution is a very simple one.

Step 1: Approach Primedia (publisher of Vette and Corvette Fever) and ask them to open a new MONTHLY magazine “VIPER FEVER”. Many of us will be willing to pay more for a monthly magazine.

Step 2: Ask VCA members to declare (via multi-choice) which magazine they want to receive as a part of their membership fee. Provide the list to publishers and quit thinking about publishing problems forever.

Within two months we will have at least one magazine delivered to our mailboxes, and consistently being delivered with a 2-3 month advance (before Jan 1, 2004 I received March’04 Vette magazine!). I think that there is a lot material, technical know-how including (and possibly about other exotics – competitors to Viper), for a monthly magazine.

To everybody ---- Would you like to receive a monthly Viper Fever magazine ????

Regarding Fall’03 issue – let’s delay it and call it Fall’04. I hate receiving quarterly mostly marketing materials anyway. It’s like giving a child a candy and taking it away. You give it up later and the child tells you thanks I don’t want it anymore. It does not taste the same.

-Peter

P.S.
In a business situation like this, you need to think radically. System change is imminent to get rid of incompetent people and old structures. Otherwise, excuses and those people will cause a failure at the least expected time. The time is now.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still haven't received mine yet! I'm probably calling tomorrow to get them to refund my credit card! :mad: This is absolutely ridiculous!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys should think about all the money they saved for you by only printing three issues.

Whatever the line item was for four issues, it should be 25% less this year. You will see the savings reflected in the posted financial statement.

See? They are just looking out for the members.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the Viper magazine it's the best magazine ever written! I can't believe all the serious technical articles that answer so many important Viper related questions! I agree with JonB about it being a steal at $28 for four issues. Where else can you read page after page of Viper vendor related advertisements keeping us up to date on all the wonderful new Viper related products that are being developed!

This magazine is a Viper institution and is one of the high points of owning a Viper. I really enjoy Herb Helbig's articles that address Viper owner's questions with so much depth and clarity. I especially like how he always suggests that you visit your dealer!
I even forgot there was another issue owed to the Viper community for the 2003 year, this is like we are getting a BONUS issue! I can't wait to receive the Fall issue and read about the new raffle and all the new information that happened last Fall.

Anyway guys you need to lighten up and at least enjoy the great picnic and baby pictures.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the Viper magazine it's the best magazine ever written! I can't believe all the serious technical articles that answer so many important Viper related questions! I agree with JonB about it being a steal at $28 for four issues. Where else can you read page after page of Viper vendor related advertisements keeping us up to date on all the wonderful new Viper related products that are being developed!

This magazine is a Viper institution and is one of the high points of owning a Viper. I really enjoy Herb Helbig's articles that address Viper owner's questions with so much depth and clarity. I especially like how he always suggests that you visit your dealer!
I even forgot there was another issue owed to the Viper community for the 2003 year, this is like we are getting a BONUS issue! I can't wait to receive the Fall issue and read about the new raffle and all the new information that happened last Fall.

Anyway guys you need to lighten up and at least enjoy the great picnic and baby pictures.

Tie, are you kidding me?!! The best magazine you have ever read?!! Come on!! :rolleyes: I've read/seen this "magazine" before and its a piece of $hit. I would NEVER pay that much money for ONLY 3 issues of a "magazine". Especially one that didnt show up when it was suppose to.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TiePilot was being sarcastic, I'm sure. Funny stuff!

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:D :D :D

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look in the financial disclosure when it comes out for 2003 year and you will see that they only had to pay for printing and postage for three issues.
That will have saved the VCA a bundle. It will show up in the books when they post them.

Like the quarterly or not, exactly what is it in the magazine that couldn't be posted to the board.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just can't stand it! I need more articles about going 90 in first gear! Quality publishing......now they can't even produce crap on time. Time for some meetings about a change.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
ALL 2003 members WILL get 4 magazines... as the publisher IS responsible for fulfilling their subscription obligation.

The delay will be "fixed" by next issue (the FALL issue is on its' way to your mailboxes .... which has been updated with the latest Viper info), the next issue (winter) is in the works and shortly will be at the printer for printing and distribution.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Dean,

You have mail. (Just a phone number to call me at work.... for those interested)

I'd like to get some more feedback from Dean before the meeting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960