Where to buy Zaino?

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was thinking of trying this Zaino stuff on my Viper and Durango RT. I was wondering where you guys get yours. I've looked around the local stores and haven't come across it. Is it strictly a mail-order thing?

Thanks,
Paul

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Where to but Zaino?

forget about zaino and try something else.

NXT or rod and custom

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i just dont like sal zaino and im NOT impressed with the product. it washes away fast.

OP
OP
R

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for pointing out my typo. That's what happens when you don't proof read your stuff.

I've used other products and thought I'd give Zaino a try.

What product do you like? I'm not into waxing every week. So, ease of use and longevity is important. Also, should it make a difference, my Viper is red.

Thanks for your input!
Paul
:headbang:

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just FYI

I use
- Mothers detailer and clay bar together

- Maguires extream car wax-looks good and last a long time

- Maguires Detailer between washes
- Mothers wheel cleaner on my high gloos aluminum wheels
- Maguires car wash

I have used Zaino and it is great. But I think I get the same result with the above products. They are less expensive and easier to get. Just my opinion.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Definetly go with the Zaino. It blows away NXT. I/most people think NXT is one of the worst products Meguiars has ever put out, it has no durability and will only last 2 weeks or 2 washes, whichever comes first. Zaino on the other hand will last for up to 6 months and gives a look that cannot be duplicated. Especially now with the release of the new Z2 Pro and Z8 it is way ahead of its competition. I would order ZFX, Z2 Pro and Z8 at the very least. The Z6 (quick detailer) and Z7 (car wash) are also excellent products. I also use his leather products on my cars and couch and love them, they smell great.

www.zainostore.com

P.S. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer. Unfortunately you cannot get anything that compares at a retail store.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Definetly go with the Zaino. It blows away NXT. I/most people think NXT is one of the worst products Meguiars has ever put out, it has no durability and will only last 2 weeks or 2 washes, whichever comes first. Zaino on the other hand will last for up to 6 months and gives a look that cannot be duplicated. Especially now with the release of the new Z2 Pro and Z8 it is way ahead of its competition. I would order ZFX, Z2 Pro and Z8 at the very least. The Z6 (quick detailer) and Z7 (car wash) are also excellent products. I also use his leather products on my cars and couch and love them, they smell great.

www.zainostore.com

P.S. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer. Unfortunately you cannot get anything that compares at a retail store.

********. Start to finish. How long have you worked there?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's my .02.

As far as Zaino durability is concerned, I'd suggest anyone doubting Zaino's durability should consult the Guru Reports. These are tests that are independently run, much like Consumer Reports, but for specialty car products.

While honest product comparisons are fair...stating likes or dislikes of a product's maker are really not germane to the topic.

I don’t see Meguiar’s or Mothers sponsoring this forum either.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

www.zainostore.com

********. Start to finish. How long have you worked there?

I wish, I am a programmer for an Actuary Firm in Phila.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

6 months my @ss...then ya dont drive your car and wash it often
If there are any complaints about Zaino durability is NOT one of them, just do a search on the internet. You say you don't like Sal Zaino so I am sure you wouldn't like his product either. Just out of curiousity sake, why don't you like Sal, his customer service has always been impeccable from my experience.

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Try McGuiars new NXT paste wax. Not only does it shine, but does a better job at filling in those microfine scratches. Also, it seems to last longer, IMHO.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sal was always cool to me when I called to buy stuff, but I have to agree with plumcrazy - his stuff didn't last well at all on my Dakota R/T. In fact, it lasted far less than any other product I ever used. Zaino was great on my show car ('69 Charger R/T SE) but just couldn't hold up to the elements on a daily driver.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Moparman did you use Dawn and the the clay bar before doing your car?
Yes, if the surface is not properly prepped any synthetic will not properly bond/crosslink to the surface and will probably wash right off. When done properly you can not get a more durable product. You need to do a dawn wash or wipe down with prepsol or 50/50 alchohol and water before applying Zaino.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Absolutely. I followed Sal's directions to the letter. Don't get me wrong - the final product looked awesome, but the finish just didn't seem to last very long. I would definitely use Zaino on a show car or weekend fun car, but not on a daily driver. It just doesn't seem to last under the Vegas sun.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Absolutely. I followed Sal's directions to the letter. Don't get me wrong - the final product looked awesome, but the finish just didn't seem to last very long. I would definitely use Zaino on a show car or weekend fun car, but not on a daily driver. It just doesn't seem to last under the Vegas sun.

Vegas sun should not touch Zaino or any synthetic, now a carnuba I would not expect to last in heat/sun. What gave you the impression it was not lasting, did it stop beading, look dull or was it not slick and hard to wash? What are you using now and how is it lasting?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vegas sun should not touch Zaino or any synthetic, now a carnuba I would not expect to last in heat/sun. What gave you the impression it was not lasting, did it stop beading, look dull or was it not slick and hard to wash? What are you using now and how is it lasting?

It stopped beading fairly quickly and lost gloss, although it did not look dull. This took about 2 months. After 3 cycles of Zaino I switched back to Meguires professional products on my truck (which is since sold). I have now changed to Meguires NXT. I should also mention that I no longer have a vehicle that sits out in the sun all day, so I can't compare how long NXT lasts to how long Zaino lasts.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

zaino looks GREAT for the first 2 weeks. keep in mind i drive my viper more than most of you guys and wash almost everytime i drive it. yes it was clay barred,and dawn stripped like he tells you to do too. I always use 5-6 coats in the order he tells you to in his thorough directions.

but to say it will last on a daily driven car for 6 months is totally redamndiculous...NOT even close ! ! !

does the stuff look great when first applied...YES IT DOES !! but NOT for long.

sal is an @ss. i have called him 2 times and both times he was pompous. but after i try another product (rod & custom) if it ISNT better, i will definetely admit it...but i will keep looking for a better product cause im NOT about to give anymore of my money to an @ss like him.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sal was always nice to me,but I tested the product side by side with other autozone top brands and Zaino is way to time consuming and costly and bla bla bla.
Nice Run guys. :p