Where to get factory 96 GTS wheels chromed?

Blue Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to get my factory wheels on my GTS polished out like chrome. Where can I get this done and what does this run? Also, can they take out any curb rash? Thanks

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polished out can be done at many places. Repairing curb rash, etc is easy too. In some states, they have mobil wheel repair trucks that will come to you house and repair them to like new!

To get them chromed you need to send them to California. '96 wheels are 2 pieces wheels(I think), so it will cost you some cash to get them chromed. CCW is the most recommended on this forum.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.calchrome.com/

They did mine 2 years ago ($875 for 4, including centercaps) and I am happy with them... I believe they can do the rashed wheels too.

Here's couple of before and after pictures. Mine were painted -96 wheels, so he had to strip them first.

3114DSCN0997-med.JPG

3114009xs.jpg

3114005xs.jpg

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CCW is the way to go. Going for around $175 each including centers. about 10 business days. curb rash may cost extra. top notch work. you won't be disappointed.

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can find their web site at www.calchrome.com. I had mine done there about 15 months ago and they looked great! I do have some small brown/gray spotting now on one area of one wheel. We will see how they react to the defect. I expect the best since they seem so honest and up front.

GTS234

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of '97 wheels out there now (California Chrome Wheel). Bought a used set to send and have plated, while keeping the original '96 wheels unaltered. They should be done any day now. Dealing with them has gone well so far ("John" has been the person I've dealt with). Will post when the get back to me here in NC.

If you do go this route, here's a tip. I went by a local wheel & tire shop (where I'll get the new tires for these wheels) and bummed some good use wheel boxes to pack the wheels in for the trip to California. Saved a ton of time. If you have 17 in. wheels, get boxes that were for 18 in. or bigger to allow for packaging material. One trick is that you have to use two boxes for each wheel since they are so wide (especially the rears). Wrap the wheels per the instructions on the CCW website (I got 12 in. x 75 foot rolls of bubble wrap from Office Depot and used one roll per wheel), drop the wheel into the box, cut it down as necessary, then flip the other box over and slide down on top of the box with the wheel in it. Cut the second one as necessary and tape up, label, etc. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang