Where to look to buy a Viper / Where to get custom Interior?

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First post. I’ve been lurking here for a while and have been trying to learn all I can about the Viper. I’m researching the purchase of my first Viper. I’m looking for a 2008-2010 coupe. What are the best places to find used / new vipers? I’ve looked at the classifieds here, ebay, and some random sites on the web. Are there any better resources to find Vipers?

Colors I’m considering are Very Viper Orange, Graphite, Venom Red, and perhaps white. I think I prefer the 2008-2009 stripe shape to the 2010.

Part of the deal for my wife to agree to the Viper is she wants the interior to have some white in it. What are the best places to go for custom interior? I’ve seen Venazo Viper on the web and the Snake Hydes company on some forums. Any thoughts on these or others?

I tried searching for these things but came up empty handed for the most part. Any other comments or helpful advice in my search are welcome. Thanks in advance!

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bay has the most variety and if you cant find a local interior guy Venzano has a lot of viper experience.

T26

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Autotrader.com in addition to those other sites should get the job done. Looking is half the fun...well, not half, but you know what I mean.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember the web site, but with the one I used, you enter in the car you are looking for and it searches everything- craigslist, ebay, auto trader, and a many others.

I had my interior done by a local shop and I'm very pleased with the results. I have also seen a Venzano interior and it was outstanding. My local guy was about the same price as Venzano. But with Venzano, you either need to ship the interior to him, or ship the car. I didn't want to do that, and I also wanted to have the seats modified to give better lumbar support. With the local guy I was able to work with him on shaping the seats until he got it right.

Here's what the interior looks like:
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/647691-The-Interior-is-finished-)?highlight=interior

~Jay

V

Venomiss

One resource to find a Viper depends on where you live in the USA. Some Vipers are purchased by word of mouth and the VCA.
Contact a VCA region nearby to attend a meeting or call them and let them know what year Viper you are looking to purchase.
Someone nearby might just have your dream or know of a VCA member who might be selling.

This way you get to see the Viper up close for inspection, meet the owner & receive the past history on the Viper, & save on shipping too.

OP
OP
S

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies so far guys. Very helpful. Keep the ideas coming!

Jay – Interior looks beautiful. I’d be very happy with something that looked like that.

Venomiss - I live in Indianapolis, how do I know which VCA to contact? Is there a list?

BlknBLu – Thanks. Although I’ve looked at the ACRs quite a bit I don’t think an ACR will work for me. While the performance is very impressive I prefer the looks of the coupe. I would love to have one for track days but unfortunately I can’t afford two!

I'm sure the car I'm looking for is out there. As T26 says, looking is half the fun. If the cars were easier to come by it wouldn't be as rewarding to find the perfect one!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You can call me...I think that I that have already been looking on your behalf...as I believe that we have a mutual friend.

Steve Fess, Membership Coordinator, VCA IN/KY Region, Inc. ... ... ....
O

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Thanks. I live very close to Zionsville. You haven't been looking on my behalf - that must be someone else. I'll give you a call when I get a chance.

Doug

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Probably looks like a 2004 Black Mamba...a search here MAY reveal one.

Drop an e-mail to billpemberton and he can get some pics to you.

Believe me, a 2010 is a TEN !!!!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
FROM ANOTHER POST...should give you an idea !!!

Here is a mamba interior- please ignore the floor mats. There are my crappy weather mats. :)

IMG_0786.JPG

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
FangZ...bring that Thing up here on the IMS "Opening Day"...and we can let him see it in our staging area!!!

Reaction score
The 2010 white coupe with red/black interior we have is one of my favorites, really pops IMO. Bill is out today, but you can call him and I'm sure he will give you a great price on this unique Viper. The red and black lends itself to other options that create a whole different experience inside a Viper also. This is what mine looked like; Satin trim or chrome.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Champion Dodge, 10:15 AM EDT 5/12/12...BUT, so far, FangZ NOT planning to be there with his Mamba.

Am I correct in assuming that you are currently researching vs. buying ?

OP
OP
S

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am researching Vipers, yes, as I am not entirely as well versed in them as I am in some other cars. I plan on buying a car in the near future and the 2008-2010 Viper coupe is one of two options I am considering. If I buy a Viper it will likely be a low mile used one.

Will there be a variety of vipers at Champion on 5/12 ? Any 2008-2010 coupes?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

It seems your number disappeared as I was looking for it today. I am not sure I’ll be able to make the opening day gathering at Champion (there is a chance I may have to go to the track instead) but I would really like to see a 08-10 coupe in person soon if at all possible – I’ve got a few on my radar to look at but they are all several hours away.

Thanks! Doug

Last edited:

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your by Champion CJD tommorow, (TUES) I will have my 08 Snakeskingreen coupe there at 9 am for service. How long I will be there is anybodies guess because it's also a great chance to visit with others especially Steve, Tom and Mike. Did you read your PM for places to look for cars for sale? :drive:

OP
OP
S

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your by Champion CJD tommorow, (TUES) I will have my 08 Snakeskingreen coupe there at 9 am for service. How long I will be there is anybodies guess because it's also a great chance to visit with others especially Steve, Tom and Mike. Did you read your PM for places to look for cars for sale? :drive:

Yes, thanks for the info. I've been looking at the different sites quite a bit. Great offer for me to stop by tomorrow... Just show up at the service area? What would the minimum time you'll be there? I'll make sure there are no conflicts for work and should be able to make it. Thanks!

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes just come to the service building and come on in, if the vipers already on the rack you can come back there too. Just checking with a service writer first might be a good idea. I plan on being there at least 2 hours for what I'm having done but maybe more? Brian

OP
OP
S

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll try to get there right at 9 so I can see the car on the ground and get our of your hair. Thanks so much for the offer. Doug

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang