Which Snake should I add to my collection NEXT?

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There's a '02 Red/silver stripe car on e-bay right now w/997 miles. Not very many FE ACR's around, but would be a good choice.

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1992 RT10
1997 BLUE AND WHITE GTS
1998 GT2
1999 RT/10
2002 GTS ACR
2002 FINAL EDITION GTS
2003 SRT/10
2005 SRT COUPE
COMPETITION COUPE (ANY YEAR)

THAT'S MY WANNA BE COLLECTION!

gen2rt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking into account what you've already got...
If you want unusual - '96 ketchup/mustard rt (has body color interior accents like your '97)
If you want fun factor - any gen 1 rt set up for the track.

Gen2rt

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1992 RT10 (1st year) (serial#28, 79 miles)
1997 RT10 (Blue/White Stripes) (1 of 53)
1998 GT2 (#97) (1 of 100)

Consider a GTS-R. There is one of the Oreca GTS-R's that ran at Leman's in the classifieds right now.

Comp Coupe next....

If you are looking for street cars.... you have three of the best IMHO, an ACR FE would be nice, rare in production, but only minimally different from any ACR (don't shoot the messanger). A very well priced one went in the classifeds just before Christmas... A little wild? what about the AutoForm FE, pretty cool, looks like the Oreca ALMS cars.

Really cool? how about one of the really rare ones, like the solid blue '97 RT, one one of the three Gold package RT's (gold wheels, Tan interior) or one of the white/blue '96 GTS's (similar to your GT2, but more rare). One of my favorites is the one-off VCA raffle car RT/10 ACR. A true one and only.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you should add a Heffner twin turbo car or maybe a monster Doug Levin machine. There are a few of each for sale I believe. They probably will not be as collectible as say a bone stock ACR 20 years from now, but they will have historic value as collector's items for sure.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'95 with "last 300 side exhaust" stamp?

'96 Gen 1.5?

RT/10 with ketchup & mustard paint scheme?

RT/10 Carroll Shelby Edition (white/blue stripes and special dealer installed tuning package)?

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Does anyone think a 1997 GTS with Gold Wheels (only seven made) is any bit unique? I seen one for sale and was wondering if it is something I should consider.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Add any Viper you want brotha.

97 GTS with gold wheels or the ketchup/mustard combo?

Dunno about adding a comp coupe. Do you race? It would be a shame to leave a CC in the garage.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know about that GTS with the gold wheels. I like the guys selling it too (Premiere). Of course I don't see one of those SRT-10's in the mix and I do know of a yellow/black one that can be had for a lot less than previously thought. Not mine, of course... ;)

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
I think Gen 1 and Gen 2 are my better bet. That VCA SRT deal still has a VERY BAD taste in my mouth (you know what I mean). That wound may never heal.

I got a bug to keep adding to my collection but WHAT.
I am looking for something unique but at a FAIR PRICE, I will not pay through the nose.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can one tell if the GTS is the one with the gold package. I've seen those rims for sale on ebay numerous times over the years. One would think it could be easy to buy them, swap them out and say I have a limited edition for sale. If the car came with decals also you could buy those. Is there a good pedigree of information one could get from a VIN # to guarantee you are looking at one of the originals?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just have a burning desire to spend some money, best bet is to buy me four new Pilots for my car. That may help the condition. I know it will help mine. :laugh:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A great addition would be the World famous Babel Motorsports #34. Priced to sell. $2 for every mile on the odometer. $1,000 off for current Viper owners.

You must be registered for see images

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine