White viper in Shamokin, Pa.

shamokinmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been watching this forum for months. First I wanted a vette for many years, and then I walked into the Dodge dealership and low and behold this low red sleek looking car just stared at me. A BEAUTY she was. I watched your forum for the past 8 months and decided the VIPER was for me. Got a 04 White viper at Greenfied dodge in NJ. Found it on e-bay, although not at the price they originally wanted. Drove down to see it, and fell in love. Came home and did my research on the forum. I was not familiar with this car at all, but I did learn a lot from you guys, and when I got to the dealership, I did know more then the salesman. He took my money, put enough gas in the tank, $3.00 worth, to get me to the next gas pump, and headed me home to Pa. WELL, I got lost in Trenton, left cell phone, map and money with the wife, got caught in a rainstorm, wipers did not work, AC did not work, and he told me, as long as I am doing 50 or 60 mph, just stay in 4th gear. WELL, after 5 hours, which should have been 2 and 1/2. I got her home. It was a ride from hell. In fact, I was not sure if I was going to keep her. But I did and will. Just wanted to thank-you guys for all the info that is on the forum. I have learned quite a bit. I could not believe that you would buy an $80,000 plus car, and get treated in that manner and have some one sell something of that magnitude and not know a hill of beans about it. The fuse for the wipers was not attached, although I still need to get the AC fixed. Need to find a Viper tech in the Harrisburg area. Does anyone know of any in and around Harrisburg or Williamsport out to Allentown??? Thanks for all the info, and look forward to being on the forum. Paul :eek:

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your early troubles but fortunately they don't sound to menacing insofar as the big picture is concerned anyway. Why with a decent Viper tech you should get things squared away in no time and be primed for many miles with unlimited smiles. Congrats on your new beaut and welcome aboard. :2tu:

OP
OP
S

shamokinmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank-you, it is certainly a pleasure and I look forward to being aboard! I have checked it out every day for many months now, and finally decided to come aboard and I certainly look forward to the miles on the car, once I get her checked over. Shamokin is a small town, actually in the coal mining region. My local Dodge dealer in the Sunbury area, does not have a Viper tech on staff, so I need to find one, hopefully with in a 60 mile range. I pulled her out of the garage last week, went 5 blocks to get a Pa. State inspection sticker on her, and when I went to start her to pull into the bay, battery dead. Gee, felt like a goof!!At least as was at a service station. Need to get a trickle charger I believe. What is your advice on brand of charger? I really do not drive that much and she sits for a few weeks at a time. Thanks again, Paul

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly are you looking to have done? I work on my own since the Viper Techs in the Harrisburg Area aren't what i call Viper Techs. If i need my car looked at or warranty work done i take mine to Barbera Dodge in Philly. Let me know if you need help.

Dash Riprock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulation on your new purchase. What is with Dodge and there air conditioning? The air in my viper did not work the first time I needed it, and I just bought a new Durango and the air did not work in it.

Dash
2004 SRT10

OP
OP
S

shamokinmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank-you Frank, I appreciate that. I just need to get my air condition up and running and I would like to know where to take the car, just encase I need to. I was told that Dodge will not pay for anything if the Dealer does not have a certified viper tech. As far as me working on the car, I do not have a clue. Give me a piece of wood, and I will work wonders. Even needed the manual to work the wipers and radio, oh and yes, that did not work either because they did not connect the fuse in NJ. It is just a shame that Dodge has such high end vehicles, such as the viper and durango, and they come off the lot haveing these problems. Most people just do not have the time to deal with these problems, and especially when you are paying this kind of money. Takeing these cars back to the dealership can cost you a day of work, and especially if you want to stay with the vehicle. DO YOU use a trickle charger in the winter when storeing you car, and if so, what kind??? Thanks guys for the warm welcome, certainly appreciate it. AND thank-you Dash, hope that Durango works out. I am sure it is only minor, but I hear that it is a common problem, and I just do not understand why this has not been taken care of at the factory or the dealership! Take care, Paul

Viper IV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul
Until you can get to the dealer for the AC repair, take a look under the hood at the AC compressor. There's a small plug that could be unplugged. Mine was after some repair work and all I had to de is plug it back in. Saved me another trip to the dealer and turned on my AC :) Good luck and congrat's on your new purchase.
BTW...any small trickle charger will work but I'm wondering if the dealer took out the fuse because of an electrical drain of some sort. I leave mine for weeks and it's always charged. (7 mths old and 1500 miles later)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffk7117