Who can help me find an srt10? :)

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for one in the low 30's, I know crazy low price, but I'm 19 and have seen them go for that price! I have cash in hand, please help me find one before I purchase another corvette!!!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can buy a crashed one for that price any day ...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sold my 2003 for $42.5K in less than a day, not sure how you'd get $10K less without damage or a "history", prices have been going up like crazy, time to buy super cheap I think has past us, but good luck, you never know, but check the VIN and carfax for what it's worth, a troubled viper can be a $ pit with no bottom.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just sold my 2003 for $42.5K in less than a day, not sure how you'd get $10K less without damage or a "history", prices have been going up like crazy, time to buy super cheap I think has past us, but good luck, you never know, but check the VIN and carfax for what it's worth, a troubled viper can be a $ pit with no bottom.

Yea I've been watching prices lately and thinking of selling mine, just don't know what I would replace it with.

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought an 03 with 31k for less than the mileage. It's never been wrecked and had full dealer service records, but it was far from perfect. Clogged cats, curbed rims, both bumpers need some paint help (but not replaced), etc. I almost have it to where I want (body work done, no cats and gen IV exhaust, new Kumho ECSTA XS tires, etc.) and will have less than $33k in it by the time I'm done.

That said, you will only find a deal like that on Ebay or Craigslist. Mine was craigslist, bought it within 18hrs of the posting going up, and I had to race several other guys to the car with cash in hand. You can get it done if you have cash, patience, and are willing to put some work in.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will only get someone elses big problem for that price, nice clean cars bring good money, unless you find a desparado on the right day

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It may be possible to fine one under 40k, but you going to pay even MORE to fix it up and it isn't going to be low mileage. Ones with Salavage titles are under 40k. I've seen a totaled Viper selling for parts go for 30K.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought an 03 with 31k for less than the mileage. It's never been wrecked and had full dealer service records, but it was far from perfect. Clogged cats, curbed rims, both bumpers need some paint help (but not replaced), etc. I almost have it to where I want (body work done, no cats and gen IV exhaust, new Kumho ECSTA XS tires, etc.) and will have less than $33k in it by the time I'm done.

That said, you will only find a deal like that on Ebay or Craigslist. Mine was craigslist, bought it within 18hrs of the posting going up, and I had to race several other guys to the car with cash in hand. You can get it done if you have cash, patience, and are willing to put some work in.

Were you the guy who bought the one from Atlanta before I got to it? :/

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Were you the guy who bought the one from Atlanta before I got to it? :/

If it was a silver 03 listed on Atlanta Craiglist on a Friday about 10-12 weeks ago, then yes I am that guy. I live 3hrs away but was driving it home at noon on Saturday. If it makes you feel better, you weren't the only other guy that was trying to get to it.

It did have the problems listed in the above post, but it was worth way more than the $29k i paid for it. I really feel like I may have gotten one of the best deals on a Viper in history. I had been looking off and on for about a year and found several with less than 30k in the $34k-$36k range. You may not get the deal I walked away with, but I know you can find one in that range if you are patient.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it was a silver 03 listed on Atlanta Craiglist on a Friday about 10-12 weeks ago, then yes I am that guy. I live 3hrs away but was driving it home at noon on Saturday. If it makes you feel better, you weren't the only other guy that was trying to get to it.

It did have the problems listed in the above post, but it was worth way more than the $29k i paid for it. I really feel like I may have gotten one of the best deals on a Viper in history. I had been looking off and on for about a year and found several with less than 30k in the $34k-$36k range. You may not get the deal I walked away with, but I know you can find one in that range if you are patient.

Yepp that was it, I got to here around noon, she sent me the vin, I did a carfax (which was the only thing that scared me a little about the car), and I was about to book a ticket out there and then she said some guy was on his way so I waited a few hours and she said it was sold the next time I called. Those problems arn't anything major and scratched up bumpers I can care less about I want to DD it :D

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should just email/call. I wouldn't waste time, especially if you have cash. You would be surprised what people will do if you just call them!

Good luck either way, but keep posted if you buy!

I am looking at a 06 coupe at *** Buick for around 47K, but haven't made a move. Seen a guy on here selling a 06 Supercharged for 50K, so thinking I may off mine then sit on the money until fall/winter.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2004 with 900 miles on it with maxcare warranty for what I think is a good price 47k. I realize that's premium, but the car is, new condition. Now is the wrong time to buy, should of probably waited til mid febuary when it's just friggid cold out. That's when you can really steal a Viper. June and July are probably the worst time to buy.

tomob1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2004 with "extras" .
with your 30K cash and a $12500 car loan you're in business.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't taken out a loan in my life, and don't plan on it ever (except for house;) )!

1buddyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good deals are out there, you just have to be ready to strike when they become available. I'd been looking for an SRT 10 for about a year and a half, finally my patience payed off. I found an '06 Red Vert (the color I wanted anyway) at a dealership 100 miles away from me. The car had a little over 28k on the clock. Clean Carfax, one Corporate owner, regular maintenance had been performed, etc. Haggled for a day or two but I drove it away for $42500. Only thing it needed was a pair of rear tires, fronts were new. Now dont get me wrong, the side exhaust panels and lower front nose are rock-chipped some but I'll get that fixed when I change out the exhaust. My point is, know what you want, have the $$ to do it and dont wait to pull the trigger. If you snooze you lose.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ebay link car either got sold or it was some kind of BS. Link now says the ad has been removed or item is not available.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save up a couple K more and get a decent Gen 2 (it may have some miles on it, but should have a clean title w/$32-33k price point). You don't have SRT money. Unless you want another beat-to-hell car that you'll have to give away like you did your GTS. Not trying to be mean, but realistic.

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at a viper this morning, a 2003 with 40k, clean title, no accidents, some minor scrapes on the underside of bumper, but noting else anywhere on it. However it was repainted a few years ago to match his other car or something, but the paint job is excellent, but not a fan of the color. But I drove the car and fell in love, however I am not sure what it is worth, also the rims I do not like at all, there 20's front and back and would immediately be buying stock wheels.

So what do you guys value this at?

Link to his ad: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...2Nm=miles&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at a viper this morning, a 2003 with 40k, clean title, no accidents, some minor scrapes on the underside of bumper, but noting else anywhere on it. However it was repainted a few years ago to match his other car or something, but the paint job is excellent, but not a fan of the color. But I drove the car and fell in love, however I am not sure what it is worth, also the rims I do not like at all, there 20's front and back and would immediately be buying stock wheels.

So what do you guys value this at?

Link to his ad: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...2Nm=miles&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

I like it, and I like the wheels too. I think they fill the wheel wells up nice. If you get and do decide to swap the wheels let me know, I'm looking for another set of wheels.