Who has named their car?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like what Nadine calls mine, the "Silver Bullit", but I am getting used to the power and want more, so I will call it the Silver Arrow until it gets more upgrades to deserve the silver bullit name. heh!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine's called 'The Battleship' as its the only other thing I know painted the same color :smirk: there are other reasons of course

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"the wife"

people actually ask if I am bringing the wife to a party of whatever, which always brings up some interesting conversation to those that I don't know that well, moreso with women I am in the process of talking to.

"I didn't know you were married?"

"I'm not, tell ya later"

Geoff Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the time I bought the car in '99 I had 3 daughters, 1 wife, 2 female dogs and 1 female bunny. So I started calling it Jack. I still call it Jack even though I have had a son since.

OP
OP
W

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I will name mine 'Ophelia"; the traditional meaning of this name is 'serpentine'

(yes I am NOT working at work but nobody knows)

Bill

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that......"the wife" It's the wife we all dream about. The one that performs great, never talks stupid, is always there when you need them, supports you through anything, never complains, gives you a hard time, or spends money except when you apporove it.

Andrew

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not embarassed to admit it.... I name all my vehicles. It is just a wierd thing I have always done... and the name always has a story behind it.

Currently.....

1996 Viper..... RC (reason, my 4 year old calls him the "Roller Coaster" car).

1969 Mustang Mach I.... Henry (reason, I bought him 10 years ago from the original owner... on the under side of the original paint trunk lid was an ink stamp "HENRY". Probably an inspection stamp... but I took it as his name).

1977 Harley Davidson...... Bullseye (reason... while restoring/building Bullseye my 4 year old would constantly come into the garage throw his hands in the air and yell "ride like the wind Bullseye"...... he was seriously into Toy Story at the time and this was the name of Sheriff *****'s trusty steed)

1996 Mustang Cobra.... Sammy..... (reason... first time my in-laws saw him they thought he looked like a mafia car... so that called him Sammy the Snake)

1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible... WackWack... (my oldest nephew could not pronounce Cadillac... so Josh called him WackWack).

Finally... 1966 Lincoln Continental Convertible... George. (reason, I bought George in 1991. George Bush was president. One day my Wife said... "you know this car is a true Republican car.... it is big, slow, gets HORRIBLE gas mileage, has very few safety features... and has 5 cigar lighters and 7 ashtrays)

Those are my stories... and I'm stickin' to em'.

:usa:

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not embarassed to admit it.... I name all my vehicles. It is just a wierd thing I have always done... and the name always has a story behind it.

Currently.....

1996 Viper..... RC (reason, my 4 year old calls him the "Roller Coaster" car).

1969 Mustang Mach I.... Henry (reason, I bought him 10 years ago from the original owner... on the under side of the original paint trunk lid was an ink stamp "HENRY". Probably an inspection stamp... but I took it as his name).

1977 Harley Davidson...... Bullseye (reason... while restoring/building Bullseye my 4 year old would constantly come into the garage throw his hands in the air and yell "ride like the wind Bullseye"...... he was seriously into Toy Story at the time and this was the name of Sheriff *****'s trusty steed)

1996 Mustang Cobra.... Sammy..... (reason... first time my in-laws saw him they thought he looked like a mafia car... so that called him Sammy the Snake)

1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible... WackWack... (my oldest nephew could not pronounce Cadillac... so Josh called him WackWack).

Finally... 1966 Lincoln Continental Convertible... George. (reason, I bought George in 1991. George Bush was president. One day my Wife said... "you know this car is a true Republican car.... it is big, slow, gets HORRIBLE gas mileage, has very few safety features... and has 5 cigar lighters and 7 ashtrays)

Those are my stories... and I'm stickin' to em'.

Heh-heh. Cool names and history.
This is a fun thread. Keep 'em coming!
I've always named my cars, too. So, of course, I'll be naming my Viper.
You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
My girlfriend calls it "that stupid loud thing that smells up the garage". I call it Vipereus Optimus (or Vipy for short)... :D

PS: Her Porsche is called the "Rat", and we know what eats Rats!

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually named my Sapphire GTS "Roxanne". That way she can can sound sort of trashy with "Roxy", or sophisticated with "Roxanne", depending on my mood.

FANGS/Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We call our 96 GTS "FANGS" cause thats what the plates say, we also have a small FANGS sticker on the top of the windsheild in a very serpentine script. We call our 65 Vette Feissty as our last name is Feiss. We need to come up with a name for the SRT-10 so it won't feel left out!

Roadkill,
Is that a real live Uni-mog next to your Viper? I've allways wanted one of those things, just never took the plunge.

FANGS/Indiana

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My kids call my viper Nagina after the snake in The Jungle Book. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing? But they sure love the car!

jackson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend calls my 2000 RT/10 "The 'P' Magnet". I have to say I think he is right on.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have a name for it but my friends do. They ask questions like:

did you bring "The Beast" today?
are you driving "IT" today?
where's the "Torque Monster"?

My 4 year old calls it the "Viperee"

Cruisin9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if you would call it a name exactly, but I have refered to my car as the "Blue Velvet Sledgehammer". The sapphire color reminds me of dark blue velvet and the sledgehammer part...well, you know.