Who has the fastest SUpercharged VIper?

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHo has the fastest supercharged Viper?

Fastest ET?
MPH?

Everyone who has run a 10.5 or less post your stuff, TImeslips if you have them.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you got em covered Roof, unless you want to count your boss (DLM). I saw him run a 10.09 @ about 150 mph using intercooled supercharger and nitrous.

Tom

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 10.3 time was made at NATIONAL EVENT (V-10 Nationals) with Ward Reasoner driving..... Car was inspected by event staff for no extra power adders.
10Ward_10_3_run.jpg

Here is my fastest MPH
10Ward_V-10_Nat_fast_mph.jpg

Cudaman :usa:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
552 rwhp = 10.48 @ 137
Total cost, car included = less than 50K

Rumor has it that an "upgraded" DLM car may be at Atlanta dragway on Friday of the zone get together...I may be the pilot....come get u sum :laugh:

Cudaman.....you killed that guy on the sixty foot, why did you back off after that ? Wanted to give him a fighting chance....that was nice of you :laugh:

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the fastest is currently my DLM car, which ran 10.1 @ 152 on the bottle, and 10.45 @ 143 on blower. However, the title of quickest on blower alone belongs to someone else - cudaman or Dr. Roof, I believe.

I'll be trying to capture that elusive "quickest on blower only" title next month up at Sacto.

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben

Where you been hiding??
I hear the detuning is not so detuned!

BTW Do you still have my Dyno Graph on file of the 882 Ft/Lbs of Torque for Paolo. If so please post it. Thanks

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the fastest is currently my DLM car, which ran 10.1 @ 152 on the bottle, and 10.45 @ 143 on blower. However, the title of quickest on blower alone belongs to someone else - cudaman or Dr. Roof, I believe.

I'll be trying to capture that elusive "quickest on blower only" title next month up at Sacto.

Sorry fellas--read 'em and weep! My car holds the title for quickest on blower only set by Jason Heffner about 6 months ago. 10.20 @ 140.58 MPH.

You must be registered for see images

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't GaryA claim the quickest blower only time at 10.20 (with Jason driving)? Roof what's the x in your 10.2x?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roof - mine's detuned to 800 RWHP /800 RWTQ SAE on the blower (I'm tired of wheelspin on the street, and we only have 91 octane at the pump in Cali) but it's still making plenty of power when the bottle is engaged. Now I just need a good clutch...

Your dyno graph is below. I don't have one for 882, only a mere 868 :)

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is My Numbers I dont know how to scan it.
60Ft time 1.625
330Ft 4.474
1/8 6.715
mph 109.49
1000 Ft 8.634
1/4 10.220
mph 141.52

Gary Looks like I have you on MPH, If I let someone else drive, Your beat! Looks like me and you need to hook up! for some good Drag Racing Excitement!

Viper Drag Racing Series coming soon, We can go head to head with alot of other blown boys and see who really has the fastest Supercharged Car. Drag Racing that is. I surrendor to Paolo for the Standing Mile, Im scared of that!

Maybe we can get a magazine to do a Supercharged Viper Shoot-out! Levin Vs Heffner Vs Roe Vs anyoneelse.

Regardless all in fun but we need to quit keyboard racing and hook up on the track!

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry fellas--read 'em and weep! My car holds the title for quickest on blower only set by Jason Heffner about 6 months ago. 10.20 @ 140.58 MPH.
I saw DR Roofs DLM car run 10.20 @ 142 mph spinning the tires down the track at Beach Bend.Roof was driving his own car

Max

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw DR Roofs DLM car run 10.20 @ 142 mph spinning the tires down the track at Beach Bend.Roof was driving his own car

Max

Uh, look above your post. Dr. Roof only claims a 10.22 ET.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roof - mine's detuned to 800 RWHP /800 RWTQ SAE on the blower (I'm tired of wheelspin on the street, and we only have 91 octane at the pump in Cali) but it's still making plenty of power when the bottle is engaged. Now I just need a good clutch...

Your dyno graph is below. I don't have one for 882, only a mere 868 :)

830 Freaking RWTQ at 3,500 RPM. You have got to be kidding me!!! He makes 40-60 more RWTQ than I do at redline and he's making it at 3000RPM.. Gawd, I would get slaughtered!!! arrrgghhhh, TIME FOR UPGRADES!!!! :mad:

G

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should see mine, Gerald. 1049 RWTQ @ 3300 RPM :laugh:

And Gary, my apologies, I had forgotten about your 10.20 run. Come one, *someone* has to get a blower-only car into the 9's! There are certainly a bunch of us now making enough power to do it...

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No no, that was on the bottle. I'm only running 13 PSI these days... trying to keep it a streetable daily driver, don't ya know :)

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
400rwhp at 3000rpm, 830ft/lb by 3500 - those are the fattest curves I've seen for a blower - that's a torquemonster for sure :cool: In fact there's not many Twin Turbos beating that under 4000rpm.

It's going to be great seeing the top cars line up - it could go to anyone - you are all so close from 4000rpm up - which is where you'll stay on the track. Great stuff! :D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wouldn't set on that BIG BIG .02 lead.....cause it won't last long :laugh:

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wouldn't set on that BIG BIG .02 lead.....cause it won't last long :laugh:

yup that is correct. Heffner performance is working on new project and as you guys already know Jason Heffner doesn't talk much because he is into making fast cars. NO TIME waste if you know what i mean. Jason Heffner is all about making fast cars and this new project is going to shake the viper community. have fun boosting. sorry guys i can't say too much if you know what i mean.

P.s
i really don't care if you guys flame me so go on and do and say whatever. LOL

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> I'm just glad Roof put the limit at a 10.50

Well, we certainly can't have the hoi polloi polluting this thread, now can we? ;)

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
552 rwhp = 10.48 @ 137
Hmm something isnt right with this picture at all :confused: 552rwhp yielding 137 trap speeds :smirk: Tony was this with a shot of Nos or what??? Who's car you driving btw and what level is it?? Hmm one of these days you dyno queen sc guys will get into the 9s lol :p

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is My Numbers I dont know how to scan it.
60Ft time 1.625
330Ft 4.474
1/8 6.715
mph 109.49
1000 Ft 8.634
1/4 10.220
mph 141.52

Gary Looks like I have you on MPH, If I let someone else drive, Your beat! Looks like me and you need to hook up! for some good Drag Racing Excitement!

Viper Drag Racing Series coming soon, We can go head to head with alot of other blown boys and see who really has the fastest Supercharged Car. Drag Racing that is. I surrendor to Paolo for the Standing Mile, Im scared of that!

Maybe we can get a magazine to do a Supercharged Viper Shoot-out! Levin Vs Heffner Vs Roe Vs anyoneelse.

Regardless all in fun but we need to quit keyboard racing and hook up on the track!

David, I would have to say your torque curve is impressive with how soon it hits. What I think really matters is how useable the power is in terms of maximizing the area under the curve with respect to gearing. Your car ran 109.5 MPH in the 1/8 mile while my car ran 114.6 MPH in the 1/8 mile(Very similar to the [******] turbo cars trapping in the 150's for the 1/4 mile). 5.1 MPH is a lot faster for seemingly similar type dyno #'s. I think this is due to exactly where the car makes the power.

I agree with you about being a bunch of keyboard racers, You guys need to hit the track and lay down the #. I could care a less for making the 9. My car is one bad mother on the street and in the standing mile.

Good luck in making the 9 and I will keep in touch!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
552 rwhp = 10.48 @ 137
Hmm something isnt right with this picture at all :confused: 552rwhp yielding 137 trap speeds :smirk: Tony was this with a shot of Nos or what??? Who's car you driving btw and what level is it?? Hmm one of these days you dyno queen sc guys will get into the 9s lol :p

I have only been to a Mustang Dyno. The numbers on a DynoJet....guessing, would have been near 600. If my car had nitrous I would have included it in the hp numbers. I questioned the traps that day and they were accurate for others. I think the stars were just lined up correctly. I do know I was having a real good day driving.
Video: http://www.catt.com/~darmour/viper1048.mpg

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also like to add one more thing here.

I think that the 1/4 mile and dyno are by no means testing the limits of the supercharger system like standing miles and 200+ MPH.

1. It takes a superb tensioner system to even consider going those speeds without the belt getting shredded!

2. For any type of extended speed runs, forced induction makes for higher than average EGT's as compared to stock NA power.

==> To do these kinds of speeds, you need to have a wideband AF, fuel pressure, and dual channel Exhaust Gas Temperature gauge.(You need a closed course to be able to watch all this while you are breaking the sound barrier!

A nice air/fuel ratio on the dyno is definitely nice, but when a car can do the standing mile and go 200+ whenever there is space open on the closed course racetrack of life, this is the cat's meow as far as I am concerned.

All this, combined with the fact that Jason Heffner gave me a 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty on the motor he built. When I say 12 months, 12,000 miles, I mean NO MATTER WHAT(as long as I use 93 octane and have fresh oil in the car at all times)==> Jason knew exactly what I would be doing with the car when he extended the no matter what, I know what you will be doing with this bad boy, warranty. Well Jason, I already have 4,000 miles on your new motor, and it is still running flawlessly as the day you put it together and just laid down the big power #! Thanks again for building me such a great car!

So I urge all the other supercharger guys to go out and test the limits of the car past the 1/4 mile and dyno......==> You will love it!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great numbers for great cars.
RSI has done what they have always set out to do and more. I believe that the yellow (not mine) Viper in their shop right now will be the first SC car in the 9's.

RSI has done some unbelievable work and the yellow SC will be another that will show the Viper world that RSI knows how to build for speed. Always setting the bar just a bit higher.

Ben,
If you are looking for a clutch you need to checkout the clutches that RSI use. Once they get hot they hold and the hotter they get the better they hold.

Paolo
I have ran laps at Talladega with speeds of 187.05MPH but in a straight line at your speeds takes some bal*s, my hats off to you. :cool:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
552 rwhp = 10.48 @ 137

Tony, Stock Hayabusas run 137+mph .. That's pretty dayummm fast... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: