Who has the fastest SUpercharged VIper?

Reaction score
I've got the H.P. and Torque to do "9's" (as several of us do), but don't have the hook-up. I'm working through Jerry Wolfe with Papalo Racing right now to redesign and replace the drivetrain. If possible (I stress "IF"), then this might do the trick. I'm not wasting any more time on getting more horsepower/torque. It's time to just put down what we've already got!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ExecUtron
That's the spirit, go for it with your already proven HP and jump on in. Hook-up has always been one of the missing pieces to the 9 sec. puzzle and once you have that down I am sure others will follow.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony your car hooks awesome dude :eek: The et seems right for your car, but I have figured out why the trap is alot higher. The tracks looks like it's going downhill at the end there :p

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony your car hooks awesome dude :eek: The et seems right for your car, but I have figured out why the trap is alot higher. The tracks looks like it's going downhill at the end there :p

It was in Alabama :laugh: so who knows. If I ever get my junk clutch changed we will see if it can be backed up.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my car ran 114.6 MPH in the 1/8 mile(Very similar to the Venom turbo cars trapping in the 150's for the 1/4 mile).

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Paolo - you are well on your way! That is an outstanding speed for 1/8 mile.... as you say - it is torque x gearing at the rpms used at WOT that provide the potential - followed by the car setup and driving to harness as much of that as possible. YOu are doing a fantastic job preparing for that shootout - a full factory team effort would be proud of what you've acheived to date as a privateer.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That torque dyno sheet on Dr Roofs car is amazing :eek: :eek: :eek:
DLM builds some wickedly fast cars!

Max

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry fellas--read 'em and weep! My car holds the title for quickest on blower only set by Jason Heffner about 6 months ago. 10.20 @ 140.58 MPH.

I wouldn't set on that BIG BIG .02 lead.....cause it won't last long :laugh:

Well, it HAS been 6 months. I haven't had my car to the track since that record setting day. Don't worry though, because it feels good to be on the top and nobody remembers the second guy to do it. Mine was the first (S/C Viper) in the 10's and naturally will be the first in the 9's.

Charles Lindbergh
Chuck Yaeger
Jason Heffner (driving my car, of course!)

hahahaha!!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quoteWell, it HAS been 6 months. I haven't had my car to the track since that record setting day. Don't worry though, because it feels good to be on the top and nobody remembers the second guy to do it. Mine was the first (S/C Viper) in the 10's and naturally will be the first in the 9's.

Charles Lindbergh
Chuck Yaeger

hahahaha!!

[/QUOTE]

OMG !! I don't see how you get in the car with a head that big. (oh,I forget...someone else drives it) First in the tens ? Really thats nothing to be proud of and I am sure people are digging for time slips now. As far as the nines....a lot of people say that but nobody has done it yet....so step on up (find you a driver) and run a nine. Anybody else want to brag about their car that somebody else built and somebody else drove :laugh: It's embarrasing that the n02 boys with just a small amount of $$$ can kick every s/c cars a$$....and remember, nobody will remember a car was only s/c'ed as it crosses the finish line second. Let me ask you this Gary....when I bust through your 10.20 with a 75 shot of nitrous, no intercooler and only 5-7 psi are you going to be crying foul ?

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Gary but DLM was running in the 10's with superchargers YEARS AGO! He ran 10.60's at VOI 6 in St. Louis.....not that I'm bragging on the competition...PLEASE!!just setting the record straight! Your 10.20 does still stand as quickest s/c only pass, even if it is only by .02, hence back to the title of this thread..congrats.

BTW, the first Creampuff in the 10's PERIOD belongs to BTR Performance..a 2001 GTS BTR 650 that ran 10.58...I know, I was at the helm! It's on video and documented on my website with dated timeslip!

I agree with Tony1...and I may just have to drive Roofs car into the 9's next weekend in Columbus myself! LOL

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry fellas--read 'em and weep! My car holds the title for quickest on blower only set by Jason Heffner about 6 months ago. 10.20 @ 140.58 MPH.

Well, it HAS been 6 months. I haven't had my car to the track since that record setting day. Don't worry though, because it feels good to be on the top and nobody remembers the second guy to do it. Mine was the first (S/C Viper) in the 10's and naturally will be the first in the 9's.

Charles Lindbergh
Chuck Yaeger

hahahaha!!

With your above comment it makes me and many others wonder was your 10.20 pass made on all S/C or did you have another power adder ie. NITROUS etc. NOONE knows without a tech done at a National Event......

See it is SIMPLE all the big S/C boys drive their own cars ....Dr.Roof drove his 10.22 pass at National event....I ran my car for the 10.361 at a National event. Jack B and Paul S drove their own.... you understand the principal.

Cudaman :usa:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bwhahahahahahahah

holy f'ing crap. This thread is filled with the most B.S. I've ever encountered on a thread yet.....

Holy crap

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, A 1000 and Hayabusa are pretty much equal, but the Busa will take it top speed. if a busa will pull you, a 1000 will also. I've raced 1000's and Busa's and pulled them both from a roll on 4 or 5 different occasions.. Now with Roofs car there, this is going to be embarrassing for the bikes..

Note: if the 'busa has a pipe and mapped I would wager a bowl of cereal they have the airbox mod, flapper valve mod (in airbox), Pair/sucker module removed, sealed the airbox, etc. All these mods including the header mods with a map can EASILY net a "stock" hayabusa another 20 or 30 RWHP!!! That's like adding 100HP on your car. Be careful. When you say stock , it has to be "stock"....

Gerald

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
AAAAHHHH !!!!! I can't take it anymore!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my car ran 114.6 MPH in the 1/8 mile(Very similar to the Venom turbo cars trapping in the 150's for the 1/4 mile).

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Paolo - you are well on your way! That is an outstanding speed for 1/8 mile.... as you say - it is torque x gearing at the rpms used at WOT that provide the potential - followed by the car setup and driving to harness as much of that as possible. YOu are doing a fantastic job preparing for that shootout - a full factory team effort would be proud of what you've acheived to date as a privateer.

Barry, that is one of the best compliments I ever got! Thanks! I am doing my best and will continue to do so. Paolo

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary
Bring your car to columbus, I wil pay your entry fee and put the smack on you and everyone can watch on tv!!!

First car in the 10's that is SUpercharged. Not so!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roof I hear there is a video of your 10.22 pass, I want to see that sucker please. I also heard you were spinning all the way down the quarter mile :eek:

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Charles Lindbergh
Chuck Yaeger

hahahaha!!

With your above comment it makes me and many others wonder was your 10.20 pass made on all S/C or did you have another power adder ie. NITROUS etc. NOONE knows without a tech done at a National Event......

See it is SIMPLE all the big S/C boys drive their own cars ....Dr.Roof drove his 10.22 pass at National event....I ran my car for the 10.361 at a National event. Jack B and Paul S drove their own.... you understand the principal.

Cudaman :usa:

Wonder all you want, Cudaman. I couldn't care less if I drove or not--if that's what you want to hang your hat on, no problem. Facts are facts and 10.20 is faster than your car has EVER gone.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Gary but DLM was running in the 10's with superchargers YEARS AGO! He ran 10.60's at VOI 6 in St. Louis.....not that I'm bragging on the competition...PLEASE!!just setting the record straight! Your 10.20 does still stand as quickest s/c only pass, even if it is only by .02, hence back to the title of this thread..congrats.

I stand corrected! Do you know who's car it was? Just curious.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quoteWell, it HAS been 6 months. I haven't had my car to the track since that record setting day. Don't worry though, because it feels good to be on the top and nobody remembers the second guy to do it. Mine was the first (S/C Viper) in the 10's and naturally will be the first in the 9's.

Charles Lindbergh
Chuck Yaeger

hahahaha!!

OMG !! I don't see how you get in the car with a head that big. (oh,I forget...someone else drives it) First in the tens ? Really thats nothing to be proud of and I am sure people are digging for time slips now. As far as the nines....a lot of people say that but nobody has done it yet....so step on up (find you a driver) and run a nine. Anybody else want to brag about their car that somebody else built and somebody else drove :laugh: It's embarrasing that the n02 boys with just a small amount of $$$ can kick every s/c cars a$$....and remember, nobody will remember a car was only s/c'ed as it crosses the finish line second. Let me ask you this Gary....when I bust through your 10.20 with a 75 shot of nitrous, no intercooler and only 5-7 psi are you going to be crying foul ?

[/QUOTE]

Making it personal now, huh? I don't think it's embarassing at all that the nitrous guys have outdone the S/C guys--different technology. The twin turbo guys have done it already too. The only frontier left is S/C-only. Hybrid S/C with nitrous is not going to impress anybody. I could have done that a long time ago and so could Dr. Roof and a bunch of others.

Also, let me know when you bust through that 10.20--oh, by the way, I've been waiting for 6 months already.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I like about Gary A, he never backs down from a war! As for the SC car in the 10's at VOI 6, it was Doug in his own Viper. It was Red with White GTS Stripes..I think he still owns it.

I could be wrong about this but I thought that Jamie Furman had ran in the 10's a few years back with his Viper......Like I said I COULD BE WRONG ABOUT THAT.

I may, if time permits, attempt to "tweak" roofs shock settings and make a pass in his Viper next weekend. His car has 9 second potential. You two fellas would make for a great race!

Tom

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a link to the video of the 10.20 pass in my car:

10.20 ET at MIR
Man I love that video, very bada$$ indeed :eek: What's that song in the background??? Gary that 10.20 will be shattered very soon I I promiss you ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi