Who has the fastest SUpercharged VIper?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry if I got carried away, with the induendoes . The facts are, I have no idea what Gary A runs with his supercharger set-up if he runs anything extra at all.

I was frustrated after driving over 2,800 miles (including trip to Orlando) to an all Mod 2 National Viper Event. The Ohio VCA rolled out the red carpet, for an outstanding event. This event had all the other players signed up and said they were comming that is why I drove across the United States to go to this event.

There is a differnce between the real world and the text book world. The real world is MPH and ET's. The textbook world or lab conditions are dyno sheets. Dyno sheets are a nice thing to have, to see what kind of HP your car is making. The real world is driving your car down the track and producing MPH and ET's.

David Boggs backes up DLM dynos numbers by going to the track and producing low ET's and high MPH's. He also does this by having the whole viper community inspect his car prior to runs as well as after.

I have proven just one of Larry Macedo motor building capabilities... of having the fastest and quickest Roe supercharger.

I run at a slight disadvantage because I have no intercooler. I tried to narrow the gap, by installing a carbon dioxide - cryogenic intercooler (this was not Larry Macedo's idea). This was a real peice of craap, it didnt work. My car dyno has 689 RWHP, then we dynoed the car at Dynotec in Ohio. The car dynoed with 50 RWHP less.

Paolo Castellano backs Heffners #'s by running 1 mile races. When we are running mod 2 there is restrictions within our class, without veracation no one knows whether your running within our class rules... supercharger only or nitrous only. I have always at every event had my car out in the open with hood open and windows down for anyone to see or take pictures of my set up.

I am into drag racing people not a video tape as well as many others. I have spent thousands of dallars, drove thousands of miles, and taken time away from my family and from my business to race cars within my class. If I insulted anyone or implied any inaccurute information ...... I was wrong. Let us post and run times that leave no doubt in the Viper comminities eyes as to the authenticity of our imformation.

Cudaman :usa:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheating is easily defined. It is when someone lies to gain an advantage.

For the record - I don't know any SC Viper ET claim that I would say used NOS in secret but claimed otherwise. All those that have been posted as SC only match the power the engines made. No one is on trial - we're just saying that without a tech inspection an ET is simply a time, not a record.

Times are valid for boasting and posting, but not for claiming a record. A record claim must involve a tech inspected car and a verified time. That kills silly rumours.

There's nothing wrong with going to a track privately and running boost and NOS and ice and waterever and posting the ET and claiming a great result - or saying that it is quicker than the official record - fact is fact.... but the record will stand until a verified one beats it.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torque, The problem with that is there are so few places to have real Viper teched races. I pretty much take anybody at their word and if they are lieing then it is their loss. I believe Gary, I like Gary, I have talked with him on the phone several times. I just think he was getting overly excited about a .02 second lead....but IMO it is the record for now.
Gary, As far as your statement: "you and Cudaman went nuts and started hurling insults and innuendo" Please go back and read MY posts, I never insinuated anything and like I said above....I never doubted your run/time/claims of no n02. Obviously I did have problems with the way you represented your runs. If you had everybody covered by a good margin then I say....have at it, but the margin as tiny. And yes I know you still have the quickest s/c car...I have no problem with that..congrats.

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't call bs on anybody so don't flame me for my comment. This information was passed on to me by a VERY reliable source. I was told that Gary A has nitrous on his car by one of Heffner's customers. I don't know and can't say he used it to run what he claims? I was also told that Paolo is injecting something in his s/c motor, NOT nitrous though. This is all second hand info but I sincerely believe the person that told me this!
Anybody that claims to hold a record needs to back it up and verify their claims without trying to take all the credit first.

Cheers,
Chuck

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't call bs on anybody so don't flame me for my comment. This information was passed on to me by a VERY reliable source. I was told that Gary A has nitrous on his car by one of Heffner's customers. I don't know and can't say he used it to run what he claims?
To everyone concerned on this thread- If you want to settle if Gary A was nitrous'd or not, call up Jason Heffner. He was the one driving, so he would know if he was spraying or not.

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't call bs on anybody so don't flame me for my comment. This information was passed on to me by a VERY reliable source. I was told that Gary A has nitrous on his car by one of Heffner's customers. I don't know and can't say he used it to run what he claims?
To everyone concerned on this thread- If you want to settle if Gary A was nitrous'd or not, call up Jason Heffner. He was the one driving, so he would know if he was spraying or not.
I think Jason is a standup guy...I'm saying this from one of HIS OWN very close customers and that guy is a standup guy as well!

Cheers,
Chuck

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck B, WHY POST HEAR SAY IF YOU CANNOT VERIFY IT PERSONALLY. To me you are just adding FUEL to the fire, why not ask Jason Heffner then post his response.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can post from personal experience, though I'm not a customer, that he is VERY RESPECTABLE. I've met him in person many times at VCA events in MD (lived 20 mins from his old shop). Every time he's treated me with the greatest respect and kindness, same with everyone else.

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can post from personal experience, though I'm not a customer, that he is VERY RESPECTABLE. I've met him in person many times at VCA events in MD (lived 20 mins from his old shop). Every time he's treated me with the greatest respect and kindness, same with everyone else.
I stated WHAT I WAS TOLD.... I said NOTHING negative about anyone's reputation, so please DON'T play the REPUTATION CARD!

Cheers,
Chuck

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman,

I was happy to see you at the Viper nationals. You have one mean ride.... I was also disappointed in the # of Vipers that raced, and I only travel a measly 180 miles from Pittsburgh. Overall I enjoyed the event, but I was hoping all the big player would show. If memory serves, the Roe blowers where the only SC cars.

I was wondering what those braided lines were running into your smooth tubes. Was that part of the carbon dioxide - cryogenic intercooler system? If so, I assume it was turned off since you lost HP on the dyno.

One last question - I know you have an 8 lbs. Roe charger, but what other mods/bolt on's do you have? 10.3 is moving.......

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
onerareviper..... you are correct on all the above....I was the one of 3 Roe S/C Viper there, no Heffners, Dr.Roof(DLM) was down because of a bad pulley. A nice showing of the Nitrous posse. The braided were part of the over priced,piece of junk the carbon dioxide - cryogenic intercooler system. Back to the drawing board on the intercooler,yes it was off, tried it twice, it slowed down the car.

Heads and cam, headers and cat back and roller rockers. I have no doubt the car is capable of running faster than 10.3
I will be attending S.E. rendezvous.... hopefully Georgia will have some cooler weather than Florida. After that Gainesville, then hopefully Texas in late November, and then Bradenton for Viper Vette shoot out in late Jan and early Feb for all the Vipers.

Cudaman :usa:

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck B, I'm not sure why you quoted me, but I didn't say anything bad about anyone else either, you or your friend, and I didn't say that you shouldn't speak second hand. Peace.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, That is the best asessment of the situation to date! You are right on the money! It seemed the supercharged guys were going to get along better but it does not look that way now. What a waste of time! What a bunch of B.S. Politics! This should not be what this is all about!

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys better hurry and run your 9 second pass I got 12 more RWHP from a cold air box.........L.M makin one for you now

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gary, you have nitrous??? where are you hiding that bottle and all the lines? heffner must have put in one trick setup !!!! wow, and a reliable source who has a heffner car said that? was it Smokin? that guy i tell ya....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the way I see it, wether or not you made a 10 second pass, the HP/TQ you guys are swinging is good for a low 9 if you get it to the ground right?

Tom Welch has run 9's with his setup, but at the last event he wasn't able to muster more than a low 10 due to the heat here in Florida. He's making a butt load HP/TQ just like the S/C guys, but it just goes to show when it's hot that magic number is harder to obtain. Winter and cold weather are knocking on our door, we'll see what happens when you guys are running in 60-70ish ambient temps.

Aside from that, 10's and 9's are old news, I'm waiting for someone to beat a 8.93@149.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You ain't kidding Larry!!! last nite it was cool here and my car felt like it has a 100 shot of Nitrous!! wohhoooo! here comes cool weather and a supercharger!!!!

I doubt anyone will beat that 8.93 unless they change their tranny, etc like ******** did..

G

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck B, I'm not sure why you quoted me, but I didn't say anything bad about anyone else either, you or your friend, and I didn't say that you shouldn't speak second hand. Peace.
Peace to you too.

Chuck

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't call bs on anybody so don't flame me for my comment. This information was passed on to me by a VERY reliable source. I was told that Gary A has nitrous on his car by one of Heffner's customers. I don't know and can't say he used it to run what he claims? I was also told that Paolo is injecting something in his s/c motor, NOT nitrous though. This is all second hand info but I sincerely believe the person that told me this!
Anybody that claims to hold a record needs to back it up and verify their claims without trying to take all the credit first.

Cheers,
Chuck

I just got back from a trip to NY and saw this particular post and had to respond.

My car has never been or will ever be augmented with nitrous. If one of Jason's customers told you that my car had nitrous at any time, they are lying or are just ignorant of the facts. Looks like your "VERY" reliable source is not so reliable after all.

I know most of Jason's customers and most of them have seen my car in various stages of development of Jason's current supercharger setup. Any of them will tell you that my car doesn't have nitrous. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gary, you have nitrous??? where are you hiding that bottle and all the lines? heffner must have put in one trick setup !!!! wow, and a reliable source who has a heffner car said that? was it Smokin? that guy i tell ya....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good one! hahaha!! Hey, your car makes tons of power--do you have nitrous? hahahaha!!

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff here guys. For what it is worth. On the track I do not have much for you as far as the " Fastest Supercharged Viper " But on the street from a dead stop to 1320 feet I have not lost one race to a Vet Or Viper. As far as being the fastest, I have GPS the Viper at only 207 mph, fast but not " fastest ". Now if we were to ask " Quickest " on the STREET from a dead dig to the end of 1320. Well than that would have to be my Supercharged Viper :)

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kumho Chris, are you still punking Tampa or have you moved on to less knowledgeable communities? :D

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris I'll be out sometime next month checking out the Tampa scene. If I can get tires on my car, I'd love to give you a run ;) (all in fun that is)

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok - so summing up the thread so far - no one has beaten 10.2 seconds on SC only on DOT tires right?

A 9 is simple - just cut a 1.5 60 footer or better. :D

Oh that's right.... that is realy ******* DOT tires to do :crazy:

So who'll be first? :cool:

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok - so summing up the thread so far - no one has beaten 10.2 seconds on SC only on DOT tires right?

A 9 is simple - just cut a 1.5 60 footer or better. :D

Oh that's right.... that is realy ******* DOT tires to do :crazy:

So who'll be first? :cool:

Nope - a SC Viper has never run a 9 - regardless of what tire they were running.

Who will be first?? Not sure - but I bet if happens on Dec. 7 at the Texas Drag Races.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...excuse me for asking, but were Cudamans, GaryAs times etc on street tires or slicks?

Awesome times, just wondering if such times were achievable on street tires???

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...excuse me for asking, but were Cudamans, GaryAs times etc on street tires or slicks?

Awesome times, just wondering if such times were achievable on street tires???

The times for my car were on a 4-year old pair of Mickey Thompson ET streets. We really feel that if we had new ET streets, we would have made the magic 9.x sec ET. I've since bought a new pair of ET streets, but haven't been able to get back to the track yet.

Also, for what it's worth, my transmission gave up the ghost after the 10.20 ET run and has since been replaced.

I think the best time on street tires for my car was in the 10.50 range.