Who would like the Viper to go out with TT System

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
... I know I would. Anyone else?

Sound off guys, I'd really like to know what you think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Displacement is not about forced induction. Just seems wrong.

For a road race car...yes.

For a world beating acceleration monster...Displacement + Boost = World ****** :headbang:

The Viper has the displacement covered easily. It just needs a little boost say…5-7psi.

I can see the headlines now. “Dodge introduces the Wildest Viper yet…the 1100hp AAR.”

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many idiots already wreck the 600hp versions due to lack of experience with fast cars, I'd hate to see how they would handle more power. Same thing with the C6Z06 at only 505hp. They should make performance driving classes mandatory for higher hp cars, haha.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many idiots already wreck the 600hp versions due to lack of experience with fast cars, I'd hate to see how they would handle more power. Same thing with the C6Z06 at only 505hp. They should make performance driving classes mandatory for higher hp cars, haha.
I agree.

Too many sucky drivers in this country to have clowns running around thinking they are all that with even 500 hp and no drivers aids. That's why there are wrecked viper threads every other day. It's either drive like grandma or crash and burn for most everyone who has it.

The power it's got is way too much for 99% of the drivers in this country. Adding more to it wont do anything but increase the number of totalled cars.

TC FTW (Traction Control, For The Win)

That and/or mandatory drivers training for loss of car control and recovery. The avg joe had no business going over 1/2 throttle in the car.

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree.

Too many sucky drivers in this country to have clowns running around thinking they are all that with even 500 hp and no drivers aids. That's why there are wrecked viper threads every other day. It's either drive like grandma or crash and burn for most everyone who has it.

The power it's got is way too much for 99% of the drivers in this country. Adding more to it wont do anything but increase the number of totalled cars.

TC FTW (Traction Control, For The Win)

That and/or mandatory drivers training for loss of car control and recovery. The avg joe had no business going over 1/2 throttle in the car.

People are going to wreck the cars. More often than not, it's the "Lot Boy", "Viper Tech" or "Friend" who wrecks them on a "test drive" :lmao:

As far as driving classes, then entire licensing system needs a ground up restoration...but let's keep on subject...:mad:

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't see what's wrong with a TT-Viper from the factory. All you Twin Turbo Viper owners need to chime in.

Porches has twin turbo why not a viper :D :poke:

K-80-123

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like having a TT Viper...a factory TT Viper would be nice too...would be interested what set up they would use from a factory setup?

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to agree with those who say the average joe "shouldn't" have a TT or S/C'd car available from the factory. So many are wrecked the first moth of ownership now, and if TT or S/C'd it would be worse! The only way it would be possible is if EPA standards are reduced, and IMHO, every new owner would be required to take a driving school (at least 3 days), and then be "tested" in the handing of the car, and pass that test, before they could take delivery. Actually, that should be done now, again IMHO. Just my .02, and a bit of rambling.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plus , then you would have the same story as the lady who sued Porsche because her husband died at the track with a instructor in his Carrera GT. Her argument was it had to much power without a proper traction control device.

As much as Id love to see a factory S/C or TT, warranty and all, Id still rather be able to chose what I want and let Dodge keep the heat of them from all the tree huggers and safety advocates. What we do in the aftermarket world is our own business and Chrysler cant be blamed for that.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see what's wrong with a TT-Viper from the factory. All you Twin Turbo Viper owners need to chime in.

Porches has twin turbo why not a viper :D :poke:

The Porsches also have AWD or TC and PSM. And the only Turbo Porshes that didnt have them was the 996 GT2, and it was called the "widow maker", even the pro drivers questioned them releasing it to the public. And it has lived up to it's name.

Not to mention the Rear Engine design of the Porsche gives more rear end grip, the Viper already has more power than any factory twin turbo porsche, so your point is moot anyways.

The avg joe can't afford the car...

And more money = more driving skills?

I think not.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to have the twins factory installed! But I think it should be an option as the track rats would like the N/A better.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe N/A would be better, since the viper has always been N/A
Btw Bluestreak nobody asked if the viper should have traction control, please don't kill another thread taking it off subject that the viper should have traction control

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HP numbers are for bragging rights or 1/4 mile runs. It's how the rubber meets the road that matters. Anybody can smoke the tires with a 1000hp car but can they track it. That's what has always differentiated the Viper from the wannabe. With 600hp on tap, I would never want a TT.

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HP numbers are for bragging rights or 1/4 mile runs. It's how the rubber meets the road that matters. Anybody can smoke the tires with a 1000hp car but can they track it.

I agree 100%. Handling that much power takes allot of driving skill/experience. The key is having that skill before getting in a car with that much power, otherwise your chances of killing yourself or someone else while learning to handle that power is pretty good.

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When some of you get your **** handed to you buy a Skyline or Shelby Mustang KR(the one with 725hp)or gasp...a ZR1. I don't want to hear it....I'll just say: "But you said we don't need anymore power." :lmao:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rather see it go out with a Paxton. If you do not have 700rwhp or more you will get smoked. Since most of the roads are long and straight you need more then a stocker will give you. Bobby you would not have been passing Vipers (VCA lunch 9/07) like you were when we went through the backroads of the orange grooves without all that additional power.

kman once you acquire the skills you need more power or in my case more boost if I can steal one of Javo's famous lines.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe N/A would be better, since the viper has always been N/A
Btw Bluestreak nobody asked if the viper should have traction control, please don't kill another thread taking it off subject that the viper should have traction control

You want to talk about 800-1000 hp Vipers turboed from the factory and not have it come up?

I'll post what I want to. Thanks.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current identity crisis of the Viper is because of the corvette finally challenging it. If not for the Z06 and the ZR1, the normal balance of nature would be intact. Despite the corvettes competitive performance, the Viper still has the upper hand when it comes to potential and that is the best we can realistically expect. Chrysler is a crippled company and there is not much they can do about this situation.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
U r gonna need awd to be competitive in a 3400 lb car w/ 800+ hp to hold your own against the modded GTRs and Porsches, etc. I dont think TC alone gets you there, the Z06 has TC, and most guys turn it off when dragging from the dig.

I have awd in my Bentley GT Coupe, I routinely smoke Mustangs, Vettes, and I have given some Vipers fits...mostly b/c I am 2 cars ahead of them from the dig.

I would rather see Viper go out w/ a 700-750 n/a motor, w/ the ACR adding a 3:42 rear end, and only the Comp Coupe going forced induction. Turbo charged and putting down 900+ rwhp to put Bugatti back in its place...but again, u need that awd.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather NOT SEE VIPERS GO OUT AT ALL!!:nono: Hopefully they will continue to build them for many many years to come.:2tu: