Why did you buy your Viper?

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always wanted a viper since I first saw it in '92. I bought my first Viper when I was 22 a '95 Yellow RT. My buddies and would just stare at it in the garage. Then I saw a B/W GTS and I knew I had to get one. Now I am on my 3rd Viper and I love em! I kept my GTS and added a VCA 05 SRT sent it out to DLM. Looking forward to getting back. I bought Vipers cause there is nothing like it!

Reaction score
Shamokinmamba,

Congratulations!

Welcome to the Viperholics of America.

Our Snakes are magnificent and they do have a viscous bit when abused. Throttle, steering and brake management are a must. The best way to maximize your Viper experience is to become a "Snake Charmer". The first step to become a "Snake Charmer" starts with a "Skip Barber Performance Driving School" followed by as many Skip Barber Courses as necessary. The "Snakes" charmed in their school are their "Snakes" not yours which takes away the worries of abusing a "Snake" that will remember you and bit given a chance.

Once you are a "Snake Charmer" you can practice these skills at "Viper Days" local autocross events or a large paved parking lot(with permission from the owner) that has no light poles or curbs.

If you would like to join some of your "Left Coast" cousins in a course let me know?
http://norcal.viperclub.org/event_detail.php?event=1106001337

Basic "Snake Charmer Rules"
1. Always look ahead to be prepared in advance for changing road conditions(coal dust on the entrance to any turn no and off ramps special caution). And look where you want the Snake to go, example when going into a turn your eyes should be looking at the turn exit.
2. Add power when the wheels and Snake are pointed straight, maximum braking same rule.
3. Be smooth with Snake controls, pretend there is a cup of Moonshine on the hood (do not want to spill a drop of the good stuff).

It takes time to become a good "Snake Charmer" enjoy the adventure!

shamokinmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank-you, I know I certainly could use the expertise. I drive mine like a baby and she kicks and spits because I know that , I JUST DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE HER. Perhaps something will come to the East coast that I can take advantage of and depending on the time. Thank-you again, Paul

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Viper by accident............

I was putzing around on eBay one night and saw a Viper that had already hit the reserve and it was a very low reserve, so I bid, thinking it will NEVER stay at the number I bid. I was just having fun thinking someone else would end up with the car.

But NNNOOOO, three days later I'm sending a cashiers check to Vermont hoping I would get a car in return.

Now, three Vipers later and untold 10's of thousands of dollars in modifications....I'm hooked!

:cool:

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm also lumped into the same category as the younger guys (I'm 25). I remember quite vividly when the Viper was released (especially the GTS), and just drolled for years thinking what it would be like to own this beast (never thinking I actually would). Fortunately, at age 19 I was in the position to do so, and I purchased my first Viper, a 96' GTS. Three Vipers (and 6 years later) and the romance is still going strong. :) Despite the other gorgeous sports cars out there for even more money, I still think the Viper is at the top of the list.

-Justyn

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my '04 Viper to round out my collection of American Muscle cars. I have to tell you that eventhough my 1969 Camaro SS and 1978 Pontiac Trans Am get a ton of attention and are fierce driving machines, they can't match the thrill I get from driving my SRT-10. BTW, I'm also in the 25 and younger category.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte