Why I think the GTS will be $125,000

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me that there is going to be a Viper for every pocketbook...

$25,000 ******/fixer upper Gen I
$30,000 Nicer Gen I
$35,000 Great Gen 1 or Good Gen II
$40,000 Better Gen II Blue/White or Good Gen III
$45,000 Nice Gen III
$50,000 Great optioned, low mileage Gen III
$55,000 In the Wrapper Gen III or beat Gen IV
$60,000 High mileage 08
$65,000 Good Gen IV
$70,000 Low mileage Gen IV
$75,000 Left over 08/09
$80,000 Left over 09/10
$85,000 Low mileage ACR
$90,000 Left over ACR 08/09 Red
$95,000 Left over ACR popular color.
$100,000 Left over 10' ACR
$105,000 New base GTS 2013
$110,000 Left over ACR special edition (Ring car, etc)
$115,000 Loaded up GTS 2013
$120,000 Base SRT 2013
$125,000 Loaded SRT 2013

While I realize that some of these numbers are going to be a bit off, with some getting great deals, and others paying a bit more to get just the Viper they want, I believe the concept is that most everyone can get a Viper. The size of the check they write will determine the Viper they can drive.

Note. I am not an expert on Viper pricing, but just did this off the top of my head to note that while Chrysler can price the cars any way they want, it is up to the buyer to determine how deep they will go into their checkbooks (payment stubs) to drive the Viper of their dreams and desires.

I think you are mixing up the 2013 SRT Viper and the 2013 SRT Viper GTS. Obviously the GTS is the more expensive of the 2.

Bill

OP
OP
M

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Beth from SRT during the Jay Leno interview, we should know pricing within the next 3 weeks (she said within 2 months, they'd release pricing). All we really know is that it is more than $110k.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me that there is going to be a Viper for every pocketbook...

$25,000 ******/fixer upper Gen I
$30,000 Nicer Gen I
$35,000 Great Gen 1 or Good Gen II
$40,000 Better Gen II Blue/White or Good Gen III
$45,000 Nice Gen III
$50,000 Great optioned, low mileage Gen III
$55,000 In the Wrapper Gen III or beat Gen IV
$60,000 High mileage 08
$65,000 Good Gen IV
$70,000 Low mileage Gen IV
$75,000 Left over 08/09
$80,000 Left over 09/10
$85,000 Low mileage ACR
$90,000 Left over ACR 08/09 Red
$95,000 Left over ACR popular color.
$100,000 Left over 10' ACR
$105,000 New base GTS 2013
$110,000 Left over ACR special edition (Ring car, etc)
$115,000 Loaded up GTS 2013
$120,000 Base SRT 2013
$125,000 Loaded SRT 2013

While I realize that some of these numbers are going to be a bit off, with some getting great deals, and others paying a bit more to get just the Viper they want, I believe the concept is that most everyone can get a Viper. The size of the check they write will determine the Viper they can drive.

Note. I am not an expert on Viper pricing, but just did this off the top of my head to note that while Chrysler can price the cars any way they want, it is up to the buyer to determine how deep they will go into their checkbooks (payment stubs) to drive the Viper of their dreams and desires.
I agree with this.......but I wish the older cars held their value better, maybe that will improve as they become more classic and as more get totaled. It's funny how we want Vipers to be high dollar when we own them or are selling, but we want them to be cheap when we are looking to buy. (new or used)

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...then there should be 100 times more buyers at $8K, right? I get your logic, but lowering the price drastically like that changes the whole "exclusivity" factor of the Viper. We don't want to end up in the same boat as the Corvette. One at every street corner. :crazy2:

Just havin internet fun ;) I HOPE the car is a hit.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to keep things in perspective,

The Gen 5 is pretty much a GEn 4 except for body panels, dash, some suspension pick up/attachment points so all calculations should start with what we know about a Gen4, there is no totally new car here. but,

The big but is that for every cheap panel removed hood etc, SRT has replaced those with ones that cost 20 times more, the new hood alone being carbon will probably have a replacement cost of $30K or more, hell the GTS fiberglass one was $17K 10 years ago....

Expect a car that is expensive, if it was cheap we would already know the price

If your shy about telling, you delay and delay and delay i.e. how much do you delay telling your wife how much that part you just bought for your car cost you????

if it cost a reasonable amount you'd have told her up front.

OP
OP
M

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to keep things in perspective,

The Gen 5 is pretty much a GEn 4 except for body panels, dash, some suspension pick up/attachment points so all calculations should start with what we know about a Gen4, there is no totally new car here. but,

The big but is that for every cheap panel removed hood etc, SRT has replaced those with ones that cost 20 times more, the new hood alone being carbon will probably have a replacement cost of $30K or more, hell the GTS fiberglass one was $17K 10 years ago....

Expect a car that is expensive, if it was cheap we would already know the price

If your shy about telling, you delay and delay and delay i.e. how much do you delay telling your wife how much that part you just bought for your car cost you????

if it cost a reasonable amount you'd have told her up front.

I see your point, but you are far off on the hood cost. On Jay Leno's Garage, they stated that it was no where near the cost of the Gen 2 GTS hood.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see your point, but you are far off on the hood cost. On Jay Leno's Garage, they stated that it was no where near the cost of the Gen 2 GTS hood.

I saw that, but still don't get it. How can a carbon fiber 1 piece hood cost less than 17k? Well we KNOW it costs at least triple the G4 hood. Also don't forget the interior. WHat did the old interior cost. $5? In all seriousness, just the electronics on a GTS is 5-10k more, the rest, probably another 10k. I seriously think 130k is the number. But I too am tired of the speculation, charge a fair price, let's be done with this...

OP
OP
M

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that, but still don't get it. How can a carbon fiber 1 piece hood cost less than 17k? Well we KNOW it costs at least triple the G4 hood. Also don't forget the interior. WHat did the old interior cost. $5? In all seriousness, just the electronics on a GTS is 5-10k more, the rest, probably another 10k. I seriously think 130k is the number. But I too am tired of the speculation, charge a fair price, let's be done with this...

I hate to say it, but saying the Gen V should cost $130k because of all the new goodies over the last Gen is not a entirely valid point. Cut it, spin it, slice it anyway you want, the last Gen didn't sell like it needed to. They couldn't sell all of them at the price they were asking which unfortunately suggests the price was too high. We will know in a year or two if they get the price right, but I just don't $130k for a loaded GTS as a good price. The ZR1 tried that price with only 400 something units and couldn't sell out. Now SRT wants to try 1800+? Sorry, I don't think it will work.

BTW, I know my calcs put my guess at $125k, but I still don't think that is the right price either. Gen IV ACR pricing is where the aim should be IMO. The main reason I say this, and there will be plenty of members backing me up on this, I'm not sure the Gen V is a better or more special car than a Gen IV ACR.

Last edited:

Kill-Zone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And...

Chrysler went BANKRUPT selling the cars at what they did, maybe they can pull the wool over the average car exec's eyes and claim they made a profit, but the guy that runs Fiat is an accountant first CEO second, he will tell them to make money.

If they thought the price was a good point, we would already know it, it is not difficult to figure out, add column 1 to column 2 multiply by markeup, add dealer profit = YEOW!

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just talked to a buddy of mine who owns a dealership here in Canada and he has a car on order that is already sold IF he can even get one. He didnt have any official numbers yet but he said expect $140,000.00 up here for a loaded one.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just talked to a buddy of mine who owns a dealership here in Canada and he has a car on order that is already sold IF he can even get one. He didnt have any official numbers yet but he said expect $140,000.00 up here for a loaded one.
$ 140k , that would include the $10k mark up. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang