WIN A 1998 VIPER GT2 52/100 for £1 ($1.70)

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Kingshot a UK member has asked me to post this for him....

http://winviper.com/index.htm

He is sending me a few 100 tickets tomorrow with more if needed..

PLEASE SEE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IF THE WINNER IS OVERSEAS....

Good luck got a few tickets coming my way :2tu: :2tu:

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
This is so cool...

Okay - read the terms and the only thing I see is that overseas buyers must ship the car. Did I miss something? Also what's the ticket information - there's nothing on that site telling how we enter.

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats about it for the overseas winner...
Must arange own shipping car will be delivered to UK address...

It is Steve Ks own viper he will get his money from the ticket company from ticket sales there is a few thousand ticket's for sale(will find out for sure)...And i believe he will keep the car untill the draw...

I will speak to steve about ticket sales across the pond..

I take paypall and can send tickets on in post if that makes things easier....BUT LET ME DOUBLE CHECK FIRST...

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Baz, when I win you can put it first in your garage,take some pictures then ship it to me. Count me in.

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in! :2tu:

How many tickets? I'm guessing at least 50,000!

It will be more than that ..The viper is valued at £60k approx

Looks like i will need more tickets from Steve :shocked: ...

Its a shame he didnt sell the car 1yr earlier when i bought my 02 would of bought it there and then :( ....OH well such is life..

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Oooohhhh... I have a wrench to throw....

Does England tax raffle winnings the same way the US does? I'm just curious if a US resident wins if they will be responsible for a hefty tax there AND 35% here AND duty AND cost of shipping for transporting it back to US soil?

I guess what I mean is, if someone here won, would they be paying $150,000 in taxes and fees for a $100,000 car? I think that's something worth knowing before spending any money on...

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Also - I don't think any GT2s were built to european spec so I was wondering if the car was still US-DOT legal or if it had been converted to run over there?

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper BAZ...I was in London last week and will be there again later this week or early next...(4/21---???). You or any other Brits near London and care to meet for coffee, tea, or whatever? I have a driver there, so should be able to find about any location. Also, am looking for some good business or venture to be a silent partner in. Damn I had some good fish and chips last week!!!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GT2 is OE standard its used about 22K miles on the clock, its pretty much like any other euro car only a few modifications like headlights pointing the other way, rear foglight, and probably restricted via the airbox to keep noise levels down nothing that cant be easily corrected

the only major problem I for see for a US winner is a certificate of conformity is required to release it from the docks and register it on US soil, my friend encountered this problem when he moved to Florida when he took his euro GTS with him it took a couple of weeks to resolve, US Dodge sorted it out in the end.

I guess you'd also have to pay import duties/tax/shipping just like buying any other car from abroad. I'm not aware of any UK taxes this end, but there's bound to be something as its classed as a gamble (you pay tax on gambling here in the UK)

Steve is also throwing in x2 VOI tickets in the package

There's a few questions that need answering,like what happens if not enough tickets are sold by the deadline

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got off the phone to Steve,He is going to contact the ticket company to see if you can buy online...
I also have a shipping agent getting me a price to New York.(same people that shipped my 02)..
There will be no taxes from the UK when the viper leaves but unsure on your import taxes your side of the pond ...
As soon as i hear from Steve i will repost..

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The viper is a US viper modified to UK spec the vin starts 1B rather than the 1C for euro models...

Steve has been on the phone to the web organiser and it will be updated..So you will all be able to buy online by the weekend....I will still have a few hundred tickets if you still wish to purchase from me,And i can send your half of the ticket to you..

The only fees you would pay is shipping + any US taxes when it lands in America

Chuck your all sorted :2tu:

futureacrowner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn I'll get in on this as well. Anyone care to PM the info?

RE: the tax "winnings" Talk to your accountant, it would be very easy to get around paying a large tax on this one.