Wind noise in the new coupes ?

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the new FE out for it's first drive. Love the car !!!

I did notice some wind noise out of both side windows. I thought the doors might not be shut all the way. Is this common ?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never really noticed any wind noise in either the coupe or the convertible. My wife commented that there was some wind noise on the passenger side of both, but the coupe had less. If you have a lot of noise, I'm sure the glass can be adjusted. The automatic movement of the glass for the last half inch of travel when opening or closing the door is a very nice feature---light years ahead of early cars.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it is, but fold your mirrors in and do a highway run. I would bet that they are actuaaly the source of the wind noise.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been in a '97 GTS up to 260km/h, and coming there I could clearly notice the side windows starting to flutter and actually retract a little (not too much though) :eek: :)
Dunno if this helps, just posting my findings :eek:

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Windows? You mean the new cars have windows?

This is priceless! The morning I came over the Sierras in 20 degree weather, having left my top and windows at home, was the morning I decided to get a Viper with built in windows!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc