Windshield Leak

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have this issue, and if so how did you resolve it? I'm considering having it resealed, but am hearing that there is no guarantee that they can pull the windshield without breaking it, in which case I'm looking at well over $500 to fix the issue. What do you think my best options are. Thanks.

Jason
Hampton Roads, VA

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, had the same problem. Mine being about 3" left of centerline (driver's side). Got the same quote about pulling the glass. What I did - -

1. Hot day outside, let car sit.
2. Used nylon 'spatula' or body-filler spreader with rounded corners to 'wedge' between body and windshield gasket.
3. With spatula making room, laid in a bead of Windshield Sealant (I think Mr. Gasket; doubt if it makes much difference) all the way across. I moved spatula and Sealant at the same rate attempting to be smooth. (Note the word "attempting".)
4. Wiped excess Sealant with "Pre" but considered letting it dry and cutting, but I don't trust my razor skills that much.

No more leaks. Others with actual windshield experience may offer better, more-detailed advice. (We hope!)

OP
OP
J

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mmmm, that might be worth trying. It's not terribly difficult to get under that rubber molding. With this car, I want to make sure things are done right, but if I can get a small bead of silicone in there, that might do the trick.

Need to save my pennies, got to get some boost soon!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery