Wiring Question SRT10 2004

bj928

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys i need help with wiring up a motor i bought from X2. I have figured most of it out but what i really need to know is what the signal is from the BCM to the PCM its PCM plug C wire number 30.

All i need to know is what it does with ignition off ignition on and engine running 5 mins with a multi meter should give the answer. I have an idea what it will be but i dont want to go on the trial and error thing as i dont want to mess up the PCM.

Now those that know what this does will for obvious reasons not want to post that in an open forum so please email me [email protected] with the answer.

Thanks very much

OP
OP
B

bj928

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys i need help with wiring up a motor i bought from X2. I have figured most of it out but what i really need to know is what the signal is from the BCM to the PCM its PCM plug C3 wire number 30.

All i need to know is what it does with ignition off ignition on and engine running 5 mins with a multi meter should give the answer. I have an idea what it will be but i dont want to go on the trial and error thing as i dont want to mess up the PCM.

Now those that know what this does will for obvious reasons not want to post that in an open forum so please email me [email protected] with the answer.

Thanks very much

Ok so i should have noticed that i missed off the plug number its C3 pin 30 guys can some one please help me out with this please

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I dont have a diagram handy, but I suspect that you are looking at the Bus wire on C3? if you are, a multimeter isnt going to tell you anything, the signal is digital, not analog.

The BCM and PCM transmit many signals... the BCM is the central brain of the car, while the PCM only controls the powertrain. The BCM is wired to the gauges and A/C controls for example, and the PCM/BCM communicate the gauge info as well as A/C compressor on/off, & mileage info.

Why dont you tell me what you are tying to accomplish, and I will find a back-door way into solving it for you...?

OP
OP
B

bj928

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basicly what im after doing is just getting it to run with a mimimal wiring as poss ultimately really just using the PCM and having no BCM as i dont need it. any help would be great as this is the first time i have tried with this system and i am really hoping i dont need to go for an aftermarket system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine