Worst day of my life I lost my snake!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aww man. That is very sad that both your car was wrecked and that "innocent" child got hurt. Although it was both the parents fault and the child I still can't help but feel bad for him. I guess that his curiosity got the best of him. It is like that old saying with curiosity and the cat. I really rather not say it because it could be taken the wrong way but most of you will understand what I mean. I just hope that this child recovers and that you get your car issues straighten out. After all it is not your fault at all.

Keith

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is so much anger around here. IT IS JUST A CAR. Viper or anything else. Thanks for sharing your tragedy with us, but after that I feel it is a matter that should be dealt with by you, insurance, law enforcement, and the other party. It is necessary that you file criminal charges if you want your insurance company to reimburse you, which you have done. Other than that it is ridiculous and without class to talk about riots and violence toward someone who is obviously in more trouble and pain than I could ever imagine. God's grace and mercy will lead us in the right direction if we allow him. I am thankful no one was hurt worse or killed.

Just My Opinions.
John

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yewd think a pilot culd spell a liddle better dan dis.

Use spell check.

Your story sounds just a little too strange to me.
Yeah this does sound kinda strange, something like this you'd deft hear about in the news :confused: Any of you guys in Ohio heard of something this wild happenening there??

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Marshall Goldman has one, they had a 96 a few weeks ago too, may have sold.

Marshall Goldman Motor Sales and Leasing
24661 Miles Road
Warrensville Heights, OH 44128
Phone: (216) 831-9191
Fax: (216) 831-9561
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/view/vdetail.jtmpl?productWebsite=marshallgoldman&dealer_id=1386912&car_id=121699588?&ac_afflt=none&mis=IVNLBDLNDS59

and Kempthorn had one with real low miles for like 52K?
Kempthorn Chry-Plym-Jeep
1449 Cleveland Ave N W
Canton, OH 44703
Sales: (330) 452-6511

How did this miss the local news? That should have made the front page around here?

S

SUN RA KAT

Your former friend is another case for retro-active abortion. It's too bad the 12 year boy may have to go through the rest of his life permanently maimed. I suspect, though, that he has his father's genes and didn't use any common sense and try to talk his father out of driving your car without your permission. I hope the legal system does justice for you, and if not, well, VIPR GTS and myself can pretty much be a 2 man Justice League.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lesson learned for all of us on no keys with anyone, anytime, if this example doesn't illustrate that I don't know what will.

The lure of going for a cruise a Viper to those to those that are in a position to do so without permission is too great, friends, enemies, family and everything inbetween.

Hope it all works out for you, moreso since it was a Blue/White 97, sad to hear from a fellow 97 Blue/Whiter (613)..........well under 2000 of them to begin with. :mad:

Do not allow your former friendship to dissuade any actions you would take on anyone else, my tip for the day!

OP
OP
W

wcollera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys! Well as I sit here reviewing with my laywere we have discovered in the police reprt that Mr. Viperkiller was indeed drinking alchol as he stated to the officer. The amount that he drank did not by ohio law mandate that he had to take a breath test. And for the guy that does not believe the situation all I got to say is wait unitl you see the pics. You'll want to sell your viper or put some many safety add ons to your car that you'll scream. My Viper tech, Fred Baker Racing, and a friend of mine who is a part of team oreca says they have never seen something so ugly in their life! Ask Gene when he gets here! he'll tell you all about how ugly a Viper can look!

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah! Pictures. Piktures rok. How about a scan of that Powlice report too...

Might as well make the wrecked car your avatar.

John, I appreciate your opinion but there are times when "it's okay to fight" as my dad said. This guy (if this is even real) was a complete and total idiot.

The riot post was over the top, but calling a spade a spade is within bounds. (And I didn't even drag in the "eye for an eye" verse for obvious reasons)

WCOLLERA TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...although I'm sorry your car was wrecked, I can't believe the anger that is coming from this group. Whether you specifically told this guy he could drive your car ever or not, if he was a friend, and he was storing it for you, and you left him the keys...

Don't get me wrong, regardless of whether a friend of mine had permission to drive my car, if he wrecked it, I would be upset, but wanting him to rot in jail? The poor guys kid is in the hospital.

Guess I'm just not "hardened" enough by my love of a car to not see the human side of this.

your opinion might be different if someone was wreckless with YOUR CAR, took it out in the WINTER and smashed it up when he wasn't supposed to be driving it. No grey area here, just black and white. If it had've been my car the guy probably would be in the hospital alongside with his son, though in worse shape. He's obviously an idiot who needs to be beaten senseless.

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some 12 year old kid wrote:

Hey Guys! Well as I sit here reviewing with my laywere we have discovered in the police reprt that Mr. Viperkiller was indeed drinking alchol as he stated to the officer. The amount that he drank did not by ohio law mandate that he had to take a breath test.

Boy do I feel duped! I actually thought this was a real thread until I read this. This thread more than ever makes me wish there was a button on my keyboard. When I press it I'd like to be able to send a high voltage shock to the person at the other end. I'd have one for trolls, and one for Bill Gates every time my POS windows machine locks up.

You'll want to sell your viper or put some many safety add ons to your car that you'll scream.

??? What's the VIN of your car?

I've seen numerous pictures of wrecked Vipers, and heard many survival stories. I think Vipers are one of the most crash worthy cars ever produced.

robiferretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh oh....actually the first thing that came to my mind was why if his friend was holding onto the car would he not have heard about this in the news of from the police...usually when your car is in an accident and your not driving it your notified by the police that night...now i am not calling BS yet, (i am hoping someone wouldn't make something like this up) but if it is the spirits at mardi gras causing you to create this story, you should wait a few more years before buying a viper...maturity should be required for owning one

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some concerns regarding the story, given the poster is a college student (not too many have vipers), but am willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but do also find it interesting that while the other Ohio owners express support, they don't say they know him, which would quickly clear things up...

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh oh....actually the first thing that came to my mind was why if his friend was holding onto the car would he not have heard about this in the news of from the police...usually when your car is in an accident and your not driving it your notified by the police that night...now i am not calling BS yet, (i am hoping someone wouldn't make something like this up) but if it is the spirits at mardi gras causing you to create this story, you should wait a few more years before buying a viper...maturity should be required for owning one
I think that Spagetthi here nailed it on the head :eek: If there was a police report and the car didnt have insurance and was driven by someone other than the registered owner they would def notify him the same night or on the following morning that his car has been involved in a crash. Man I hate trolls, you got most of us here all upset over the little kid, grow the hell up :mad:

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On one hand I want to believe the guy. He did pony up his phone number.

On the other hand something tells me the title of this post should possibly have been:

"Anyone have a 1997 GTS BLUE AND WHITE they want to give away for free?"

I have to agree that the cops not calling and/or the insurance is rather odd. I guess only pictures will tell.

-J

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thatt grammir is pertey bade! The story sounds like it could be true, but if he is in college, I'd recommend a remedial English class ASAP!

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that we have all worked ourselves into a lather over this everybody wants a picture of a wrecked Viper.

So.....

You must be registered for see images

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that real?? If so do you have an original NON compressed image?

Unfortunately, it is real... I won't reveal the identity of the owner, but let's just say he's happy to get the car back finally!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"DAMNIT WOMAN! I TOLD YOU I WANTED ANOTHER GARAGE FOR MY VIPER!!!"

"Garage kept"

"Oops, I missed!"

I could go on and on. I crack myself up! :D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with John. The car is replaceable but this child's life isn't. I understand that some would say that it would be different if it was my car but I still think that I would care more about the child. Just my two cents.

Keith

OP
OP
W

wcollera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all of you no believers! I will attempt to get the pictures scanned this afternoon. I will have the VIN number for the one guy that wanted it and I will also try to get the police report scanned too! And any of you non believers who would like to talk to me and ask how a college student who owns a dodge viper call me I'll give you all my secrets! The number is 330-472-3783! If you want to talk crap about me on here call me and talk crap about me to my ear! I'll give you the story from my mouth to your ear! If you still don't believe me call Klaben Dodge in Kent, Ohio! Ask for Kevin Smith (Viper Tech) He'll tell you all about me.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NCVCA. Valid point. Thanks for refraiming from the eye verse.(lol)

Others who think one might act the same in a similar situation is deabateable. I Watched a 16yo run smack into my C5 as it was parked. My GF about came unglued and I just told the kid and his father it can be fixed. $12,000 later it was. It was not a Viper, but a Viper is still a car that can be replaced. How we act is up to us and if the court of public opinion is how you want to conduct this tradegy then that is your right.

Again, I hope the kid and father and you are able to realize there are things worth coming unglued about, but IMO this is not one of them. You have insurance and thankfully everyone has their life.

Take care
John

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just talked to wcollera. He's posting the pics in a bit. I told him that he didn't spell real well, but that I believed his story. lol Sounds like a pretty nasty wreck! The poor kid is in pretty bad shape. That makes me sick to my stomache! Oh, he gave me his secrets! He played the market and his dad died. I think I'll steer clear of either of those right now!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and his dad died.

Even more reason to merciful toward this guy. I would certainly hate to loose my father at such a young age.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, Joy Riding is theft. Wcollera, you said you had "fire and theft" and therefore if your car was stolen and damaged in the process, your theft insurance should cover that. If they try to weasel out of it, just show the case law part that lists joy riding as theft and that should be that.

Second, let your insurance deal with it. Your insurance can pay you, and his insurance can pay your insurance. It may be different in OH, but here in MA, if you drove my car and wrecked it, MY insurance would be the ones covering it - even if you had full insurance. That is because it is the CAR that gets insured, NOT the driver!

Now, I don't mean this to sound bad, but there are a bunch of pristine, low mileage GTS's for sale. Now is the BEST time ever to buy! I would make sure they give you the FAIR value of the car - enough to buy a BETTER one and hopefully have some $$ left over.

As for your friend... I don't know how the two of you are and how far you go back, but it sounds like he is in a world of hurt (physically, emotionally, and financially). I would not try to make it worse - he has a banged up kid, a business suing him (his insurance likely WON'T cover that) and lost a friend. This is going to impact him for YEARS to come. While he may deserve every bit of it, I bet he is the last person who figured this would be the outcome of his actions. Remember... the next time you are going 150mph on the highway, the only thing that seperates being cool from being the biggest idiot ever, is whether you prang the car or not.

This guy rolled the dice and lost... and he lost bad. But I tend to think it's a decision others have made - or (god forbid) even worse decisions. Stupid father for drinking and driving with his kid. This will stay with him for a looooong time.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said mike. Although I'm still not sure I believe this story in its entirety. Who leaves the keys to their viper in the car even if it is stored with a friend.

adam

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21