Wouldn't ya know it, I'd have to race after my Dyno...

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn\'t ya know it, I\'d have to race after my Dyno...

I just got finished with dynoing my car at F1 Dyno in Maine and I was driving on rte 95 south towards Boston when a Blue Subaru STI starts tailing me and is right on my back side, I speed up to 90 and he does the same, then he pulls out beside me and gives me the go finger straight ahead, I'm thinking he wants to race me? I said to my son sitting next to me, lets see how they tuned my car at F1 Dyno, dropped it into 5th and punched it, my water injection light turns red, Hit fourth and left him their, when I looked at the speedo it was at about 145, 150. Those little cars are pretty quick, I don't know if he had any xtras but he did alright, I thought I share that with everyone. here is my sheet, (ROE SUPERCHARGER)water/methanol injection, 10# pulley corsa track exhaust and high flow cats.

416850305_2_-med.jpg

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Wouldn\'t ya know it, I\'d have to race after my Dyno...

If you left them there, how did they do well?

BTW, nice dyno #s, good run!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice numbers! :2tu:
But you should have dropped it straight into 4th and you would have made him disappear in your mirror quickly! :D

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Holly #%*! those are good numbers. Would you be able to run down exactly what you have done in terms of parts? I assume you were running pump gas on the dyno?

Headers?
Roller Rockers?
Head Work?
Fuel System?

I am feeling better and better about the potential of my car. :)

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's monster torque! Is there a small nitrous shot somewhere in there? :2tu: :usa:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Headers?
Roller Rockers?
Head Work?
Fuel System?
Cam?
Throttle bodies?

So am I lol

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats on the great numbers!

I'm assuming stock heads since the torque is that much higher than the hp?

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice numbers :) but I'm curious too, as to how the STI was pretty fast but you left him behind? did he keep up with you initially? I'm just curious how fast those lil AWD cars are relative to ours.

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats on the great numbers!

I'm assuming stock heads since the torque is that much higher than the hp?

All stock other than the roe Supercharger with 10# pulley, water/methanol injection, elite airbox, Corsa (side)track exhaust system. Oh Ya I almost forgot, two white stripes. Head work, roller rockers etc all will start in the fall, I am just waiting for feedback to see who's the best to go to.

And also I want to thank Sean over at F1 Dyno in Maine for the great tune
thanks Sean.

FLX109

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Those are some fantastic numbers, 800tq with stock heads.
must be one hell of a tune job

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Holly #%*! those are good numbers. Would you be able to run down exactly what you have done in terms of parts? I assume you were running pump gas on the dyno?

Headers?
Roller Rockers?
Head Work?
Fuel System?

Headers? (((NO)))
Roller Rockers? (((NO)))
Head Work?(((NO)))
Fuel System? (((MSD fuel booster pump)))

I was running pump gas 93 Octane

FLX109

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Headers?
Roller Rockers?
Head Work?
Fuel System?

Headers? (((NO)))
Roller Rockers? (((NO)))
Head Work?(((NO)))
Fuel System? (((MSD fuel booster pump)))

I was running pump gas 93 Octane

FLX109

You are the man! :2tu: :2tu: I have everything you have on your car minus the 10psi pulley. Do you know if they had to change the idler pulley to accommodate the smaller drive pulley? If I get within 50hp and 100tq of those numbers I will be excited. I can't wait to get tuned. I even have the special two white stripes but I doubt they will help me as much as they helped you. :confused:

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Just came from the F1Dyno website and they use a Land & Sea dyno and not a Dynojet. I have never dynoed on anything other than a Dynojet so I can not comment on which is better / worse. But I do know that comparing dyno numbers from a Dynojet / Land & Sea / Mustang is hard to do. To be honest I have never seen Torque numbers that high with the level of modification you have. I would love to know what your car would dyno on a Dynojet as they are the most prevalent dyno.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just came from the F1Dyno website and they use a Land & Sea dyno and not a Dynojet. I have never dynoed on anything other than a Dynojet so I can not comment on which is better / worse. But I do know that comparing dyno numbers from a Dynojet / Land & Sea / Mustang is hard to do. To be honest I have never seen Torque numbers that high with the level of modification you have. I would love to know what your car would dyno on a Dynojet as they are the most prevalent dyno.
I Agree, Those numbers seem high for the mods..those are the figures you see with his mods, plus good headers, 1.7 rockers, and larger throttle bodies,race gas, and then it would be close to get those numbers...I am sure whatever the HP is that car will screw...AL... :D

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are the man! :2tu: :2tu: I have everything you have on your car minus the 10psi pulley. Do you know if they had to change the idler pulley to accommodate the smaller drive pulley? If I get within 50hp and 100tq of those numbers I will be excited. I can't wait to get tuned. I even have the special two white stripes but I doubt they will help me as much as they helped you. :confused:

[/QUOTE] Aaron, you have to change the idler pulley and belt with the 10lb. pulley...AL... :D

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aaron,
this is the place that Sean Row recommended in my area, they are also a Roe dealer, installer etc. dynoing was also done with Sean Roe on the phone.
Here is the Dyno results before I added the 10# pulley, water/methanol injection and the airbox, I had an 8# pulley, no injection, stock airbox, but still had the high flow cats and Corsa track exhaust. (But Ya know what else I have that I forgot to mension? VIPAIR) had it during both dyno's. (Same Dyno)
4168Horsepower_3_.jpg

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

a stock sti is a dog from a roll... a stock gts should run circles around one... if an sti did "ok" (define ok?) against an 800rwhp viper, he had some serious mods or you were in the wrong gear or both ;) the sti strong suit is launch, but after that the 4x4 becomes quite parasitic at higher speeds...

btw, 500-600whp scoobies are rather rare... my guess is that he had turbo, downpipe/header, exhaust, pcm work and was pushing around 450ish whp if he held up in the vicinity :laugh:

alex
few cars

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score

a stock sti is a dog from a roll... a stock gts should run circles around one... if an sti did "ok" (define ok?) against an 800rwhp viper, he had some serious mods or you were in the wrong gear or both ;) the sti strong suit is launch, but after that the 4x4 becomes quite parasitic at higher speeds...

btw, 500-600whp scoobies are rather rare... my guess is that he had turbo, downpipe/header, exhaust, pcm work and was pushing around 450ish whp if he held up in the vicinity :laugh:

alex
few cars

I didn't notice him at first, I was crusin at around 90, I had my son in the car and didn't want him to think racing was OK but when he pulled beside me and started to accelerate pointing to me straight ahead I couldn't let him go (ya know what I mean), so I just stepped on the gas thinking he was nothing and found out he was staying with me at 120, I only dropped it to 5th and accelerated hard, then I lost him, then I told my son , Don't tell your mother.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

FLX109, Thanks for posting your old dyno sheet as it makes a great comparison. I am in no way trying to put a negative spin on your results at all as I am sure your car is tuned perfectly. I am just trying to set a realistic expectation for myself when I go to a 10psi pulley and W/M. From the looks of the last sheet you posted you made ~570rwhp and ~660rwtq on 8psi and no W/M. From that dyno to the current one I would say the HP numbers are fairly similar to a Dynojet but I still think the TQ registers more than a Dynojet. I am not sure why that is because the one is derived from the other... :confused: Either way, the gains were tremendous! 110rwhp and 130rwtq! That is crazy. I am hoping I have that amount waiting for me when I go to 10psi. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness