Wrecked Viper website

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why do you need the vin#'s? 90% of vipers have been damaged in one way or another :)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say +50%...after watching and living the Viper experience for more than a decade...:crazy2:

Mr. Mom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There seems to be a couple common themes:
1) Don't drive the Viper in ANY amount of water
2) Don't ever leave it in the hands of a dealership...........ever

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I believe someplace on that site says that they have 270 or so Viper crashes documented with those pictures. If you look at the Vette site you will see many more. There are a lot on the Ford GT supercar site also. I really don't think that the Viper crashes are any more common that any other super car that gets driven. All super cars are prone to some crashes because sometimes the drivers that can afford them rarely have a high level of high speed driving ability. I count myself in that category (I can afford them but do not have real high speed driving ability). As a result, I've paid very close attention to the cautions on this site and hopefully will avoid doing something beyond my ability level. I do enjoy the cars in my own way without doing things that are beyond my ability.--Dave

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This site has been around for some time now. ***** to see for anyone looking for older GTS's or RT-10's. There are a lot of those wrecked on that site.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The red RT/10 from Sarasota is a friend of mine. He crashed it twice, that photo was of the second and last time. It was not the cars fault he ran the piss out of it and got bit.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you've been on the VCA board awhile you've probably seen 50 or more of them posted here.

My '06 coupe is in there, the photo was taken at the salvage auction in LA showing the back end. The caption reads; "Got rear ended by some stupid driver". The real story is a tech from an exhaust shop took it out on a Friday night. Got sideways, hit a curb, then looped the back end into a telephone pole

You must be registered for see images

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some website had a percentile rating for exotic cars crashed - it actually might have even been this website we are discussing.
I can't remember the exact numbers, but I believe it was something like 2.5% of all Vipers produced have been wrecked, whereas (don't quote me) Porsche was at 3.2% and Ferrari was at 3.5% crashed.
So the common perception that Vipers are crashed more than any other car is WRONG.
(If anyone has the exact percentiles - please post and correct me)

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some website had a percentile rating for exotic cars crashed - it actually might have even been this website we are discussing.
I can't remember the exact numbers, but I believe it was something like 2.5% of all Vipers produced have been wrecked, whereas (don't quote me) Porsche was at 3.2% and Ferrari was at 3.5% crashed.
So the common perception that Vipers are crashed more than any other car is WRONG.
(If anyone has the exact percentiles - please post and correct me)

This cant be accurate, 2.5% of all vipers made? Lets say 30000 vipers built worldwide that would be 750 wrecked, heck Ive seen more than that over the past 10 years at the copart and IAAI insurance sales and thats just two insurance auction here in the US. I know there have been more than 20 Vipers at these two auctions in just the past month.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said, because it was a while ago, I cannot remember the exact percentiles - but I do know Viper was not at the top of the list - and other exotics, such as Porsche and Ferrari were higher.
Maybe there is someone in the insurance industry with facts and figures who could chime in?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Especially that 1st picture on the site..I mean wow, to have the ONLY 2007 Dodge Viper Coupe ever made...and crash it.:omg:

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is interesting is the condition of many of the tires on those wrecks, most if not all have really good tread patterns!

Makes you think twice!

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent two days going through all the Viper photos about 2 weeks ago. I also spent a few days searching for common reasons for Viper crashes. I haven't driven mine yet and I want to prepare myself to be a better driver before I get behind the wheel. I don't want to be that guy who crashes his Viper on day 1.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I spent two days going through all the Viper photos about 2 weeks ago. I also spent a few days searching for common reasons for Viper crashes. I haven't driven mine yet and I want to prepare myself to be a better driver before I get behind the wheel. I don't want to be that guy who crashes his Viper on day 1.

By thinking about it you are already ahead:drive:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>good tread patterns!<<<

does mean nothing. I've seen +10 year old tires on Vipers with perfect looking tread - but rock hard.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real story is a tech from an exhaust shop took it out on a Friday night. Got sideways, hit a curb, then looped the back end into a telephone pole
It's stories like this that make me VERY reluctant to turn my keys over to any shop. So far, I've only allowed my Viper Tech or me to drive it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang