WTB: 1996-2000 Viper GTS (gotta have stripes)

Satchmo72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

The wife gave me the go ahead to start my search for a Viper. My dream car is a 1996 GTS B/W but would be willing to look at other striped cars. Due to budget, I am open to cars with some higher mileage but not more than 40K miles or so.

Looking for a stock car or lightly modified car, no repaints, no accidents and fairly clean.

PM or email with info.

Thanks, can't wait to join the VCA

Jeff

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
Best of luck with your search, thats half the fun. The other half is driving it once you found the right one!

OP
OP
S

Satchmo72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Burt, the search has always been one of the things I look forward to. Sometimes the wife thinks that the search is what I really like, not the find. :)

I have had a blast searching for old Mopar muscle, now it it's time to look for some "newer" muscle.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with your search Satch. I started out looking for that exact car as well and even though I ended up going with an '08 coupe, I would still love to have the B/W. :(

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good luck with the search, there is a checklist on the GTS's out in the newbie section I think. It helped me alot. I've seen a few B/W's for sale recently.

Also I know you've been reading on this forum for a while cause it says your join date is Jan 2008 and this next post you make will be post #....3 :D

OP
OP
S

Satchmo72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks killer, it can be kinda scary. There are some doozies out there. Really have to be careful. I will most certainly check out the checklist, I am terrified of getting burned. 2 cars that I have inquired on have turned out to be rougher than the ad portrayed. I gave 1TONY1's car some serious thought but I really want something I will not have to worry about. At least for my first Viper.

ViperJon, I am in Indiana. Indy specifically. I guess now that I am actually posting and not just lurking I should update my profile and such. :)

Part of the reason I had not posted is that the Viper always just seemed to be a dream, something not quite attainable but now that I am turning 40 this year, its time to enjoy my dream while I still have the reflexes to handle it!!! :)

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had mine for 7 years, and the only thing that's gone out it was the clutch slave cylinder and a front wheel hub. The motors are over engineered with mild compression and forged internals. The fine people that designed the car knew how it was going to be driven, and made it extremely reliable. I change fluids, put gas it mine and drive it. I wouldn't think twice about 1Tony1's if it was clean, had no accidents or issues. The mileage isn't as important to me as the maintenance history. If it was a choice of a Viper driven by a 90 year old woman that drove 1,000 miles a year and only did 40 mph, but never changed the oil, or a 100K mile Viper that was regularly service, washed, waxed and loved...I'd chose the high mileage car every day of the week. Have someone knowledgeable check out the car, and don't worry so much about the miles. Contact the local club president and try to go to a meeting or event, and then you'll see the true meaning of owning a Viper; it's just as much about the people as it is the car.

OP
OP
S

Satchmo72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found a clean one. It is coming home sometime soon, I have to finalize shipping but I found a 97 with 80K and a pristine body, solid maintenance records and 1 owner.

You must be registered for see images

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found a clean one. It is coming home sometime soon, I have to finalize shipping but I found a 97 with 80K and a pristine body, solid maintenance records and 1 owner.

You must be registered for see images

Looks nice Jeff, I am up in Noblesville. You should take yours to the Indy Cars and Coffee on Saturdays from 10am-noon. Its at McAllisters at 96 street and Meridian. I am always there with my 2001 RT-10. SteveIndy will sometimes show up with one of his incredible Vipers and a couple others will show up on a relatively consistent basis. On a warm sunny day over 100 cars show up. Just a fun place to grab coffee with other car guys.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow very nice, congrats!

I am in Northern IN, cars and coffee is a good place to meet some other owners. SteveIndy is a great person to meet!

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
repaint of the nose and other minor things like the sills is not a deal killer for me when searching. If you want a clean car an 01 might do the trick!

OP
OP
S

Satchmo72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
repaint of the nose and other minor things like the sills is not a deal killer for me when searching. If you want a clean car an 01 might do the trick!

AZ, it probably wont be a deal killer for my next car but I wanted a clean original for my first. That was my main priority, finding a clean, unmolested car that was well maintained.

Leslie, thinking about the Dyno day, cant wait to meet you all!!!

01V, oh man, are you kidding???? I have never heard of that but then I have not had my muscle car for a few years. Heck yeah I'll be there!!!!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AZ, it probably wont be a deal killer for my next car but I wanted a clean original for my first. That was my main priority, finding a clean, unmolested car that was well maintained.

Leslie, thinking about the Dyno day, cant wait to meet you all!!!g

01V, oh man, are you kidding???? I have never heard of that but then I have not had my muscle car for a few years. Heck yeah I'll be there!!!!

See you on the 19th! Your jaw will drop when you see all Ray's Vipers haha!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang