WTB Red or Yellow GTS Under $40K

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to own a GTS by Christmas. I can buy now, but I am more than willing to wait a while for the right car at the right price.

I just missed out on buying a 1997 Red GTS in NC by a few hours. As I was looking into shipping costs, someone went into the dealership bought it. At least thats what I was told.

This is what I'm looking for:

Red or Yellow GTS (No silver or black stripes on red - white stripes on a red GTS are good)

MUST HAVE BLACK/GREY interior, no Connolly (sp?)

PREFER the 708 cam so a RED 1997-1999 is probably what I will buy, but if a 2001-2002 Red or Yellow GTS has switched to a lumpy cam, or if I can get a 2001-2002 cheap enough to do mods, I wont rule out a "cream puff"

Prefer a modded GTS (Heads/Cam/Exhaust/Newer tires/ maybe a Roe if the rest of the car checks out)

Obviously the lower the miles the better, I'd like to stay lower than 30K miles

The closer to Tampa, the better, but I can always have someone close to the GTS, who might be willing, check it out for me

Let me know what you have (Ive searched the adds here and elsewhere) if you are thinking about selling your GTS that matches my wish list, or know of anyone who might be. I've got time to wait if need be.

Thanks again!

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under 40,000 for all that...esp with the Roe...if you find it and don't want it..let me know...I'll take it..lol...

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go. It's even in Canada for you. Something about the hp numbers didnt seem right to me with the ROE and W/M, and its just TOO FAR away for me....

Moderator Edit: No ads form other sites please.

one reply on that add, does not look legite to me. That was posted a year ago. I'll send an email and see if I get a reply

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the Final Edition 2002 GTS combo..... bye bye lumpy cam. ;)

Best of luck! Keep your eyes open and be patent. That is key! :)

There wasn't a red/white available in 1997? I could have sworn I saw one in my search when I was shopping for one, but even if it was a 97 I was looking at I'm not even sure the stripes were factory.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I get mine back together...and its a Yellow with white striped lumpy cam no-longer-a-creampuff ROE car in the Tampa area too!!!

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to the OP.. as always everything I own always has a price tag.
I'd let my 97 GTS with 22,400 go for 37k. It's stock with the exception of BBS ACR wheels with like new tires and a MGW shift knob (have original shifter) excellent condition of course.
minor common issues are scuffs way under the nose and the hydrolic shocks on the glass hatch are toast.
also the cruise control doesnt work, power mirrors are stuck, intermediate wipers are shot, the power seat doesnt move and the cup holder has a big gulp in it that I cant get out.
and no you can't have the blue ladder in my garage.
You must be registered for see images attach

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like you also described my car, some mods, red with white stripes, hre wheels, under 30k miles...however I dont think I want to sell as I just bought it 2 weeks ago, used to live in Tampa, now in Miami but come to Tampa quite regularly

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live near Gaither H.S./Lake Heather area.

I'll try to make Cars and Coffee this Saturday. What time does it start (I work the midnight shift...so I'll TRY).

Jeffsss, do you have the stock wheels? I assume that with the cupholder, and cruise control issues that your Viper is having, you're trying to see how much I know about Vipers. I dont know everything about them, but I do know that the back seats are where the cupholders and GPS thing-a-ma-bobbie modules are installed :D

KDR83 your car is Beautiful!!!!!! I'm jealous. Do you mind PM'ing me to let me know how much you paid for it? Thanks! Any chance you're gonna bring it to St. Pete this Saturday for C&C? I'd love to see it in person!

Slitherv10 that Roe Viper GTS ad is only about 1 month (if even that) old.

Last edited:

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you would like to meet us for a quick little cruise to C&C on Saturday, we meet up at Starbucks around 6:15am and usually leave by 6:45am and have a 15 min drive over to DuPont. Cars & Coffee is from 7am-9am. We have anywhere from 5-20 cars that cruise over with us. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my motor to get rebuilt...so I'll just be there as someone's copilot.

Starbcuks
2560 North McMullen Booth Road
Clearwater

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live near Gaither H.S./Lake Heather area.

I'll try to make Cars and Coffee this Saturday. What time does it start (I work the midnight shift...so I'll TRY).

Jeffsss, do you have the stock wheels? I assume that with the cupholder, and cruise control issues that your Viper is having, you're trying to see how much I know about Vipers. I dont know everything about them, but I do know that the back seats are where the cupholders and GPS thing-a-ma-bobbie modules are installed :D

KDR83 your car is Beautiful!!!!!! I'm jealous. Do you mind PM'ing me to let me know how much you paid for it? Thanks! Any chance you're gonna bring it to St. Pete this Saturday for C&C?

no, stock wheels are gone. ACR wheels look great though, mint. and they're worth 4k without tires ”if” you can find a set.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to the OP.. as always everything I own always has a price tag.
I'd let my 97 GTS with 22,400 go for 37k. It's stock with the exception of BBS ACR wheels with like new tires and a MGW shift knob (have original shifter) excellent condition of course.
minor common issues are scuffs way under the nose and the hydrolic shocks on the glass hatch are toast.
also the cruise control doesnt work, power mirrors are stuck, intermediate wipers are shot, the power seat doesnt move and the cup holder has a big gulp in it that I cant get out.
and no you can't have the blue ladder in my garage.
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like a winner! Nice looking GTS! Love those BBS wheels!

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeffsss are you bringing yor GTS to C&C Saturday? I'm still not sure if I will be able to make it but I will try.

You just bought your GTS last year for $30k right? I will definetly keep yours in mind.

Everyone else please keep your eyes open for me. I'll be bumping this thread every now and then.

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KDR83 your car is Beautiful!!!!!! I'm jealous. Do you mind PM'ing me to let me know how much you paid for it? Thanks! Any chance you're gonna bring it to St. Pete this Saturday for C&C? I'd love to see it in person!

Thanks I appreciate it, unfortunately I have 6 girls coming to visit me from Tampa this weekend so needless to say, I won't be in town for Cars and Coffee. Maybe next time!

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
6 Girls ? (evil grin) haha...well if you'll be too busy to use your Viper I could always show it off for you..haha. Let me know next time you're in Tampa, maybe if I'm not working I could come by and drool over it :)

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It says it was posted in 2011

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It says it was posted in 2011

"Date Posted
August 23, 2012"

That's what it's showing when I pull it up. But again, other tuned W/M Roes that Ive' seen have RWHP #s in the mid 600s. This one say 547RWHP/583RWTQ, but maybe I'm wrong abut the others having mid 600s RWHP and RWTQ???

Sorry for posting the actual add, didnt realize that was a NoNo.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeffsss are you bringing yor GTS to C&C Saturday? I'm still not sure if I will be able to make it but I will try.

You just bought your GTS last year for $30k right? I will definetly keep yours in mind.

Everyone else please keep your eyes open for me. I'll be bumping this thread every now and then.

I'll likely go, if i do I meet up with 98intrigue and gang at the starbucks on McMullen booth Rd.

yes. I bought mine from a collector in Palm Harbor, FL in April 11'. I wasnt really in the market to buy a Viper but when you find a one owner viper with 20k on it locally owned by a dentist... you got to capitalize. I'll admit, I basically stole the car. you'll be very hard pressed to find one like this for 30k ever. Some people just unload their toys when they're done. The car is near mint, the tires were shot though. Instead of forking out 3000 on a set of tires for the ol' 17' cast wheels, I came across a set of mint ACR wheels with new tires for a little more. In my opinion they're the best looking wheel a Gen 2 can have.
other than that, I changed all fluids and drive it on sunny days. I rarely drive it, i've only put 2k on it in a year and a half... and 400 of that was going to Orlando and back over a weekend.
I'm in no need what so ever to sell it. in fact if i did, I'd probably regret it.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can back up the cleanliness of Jeff's and KDR's Vipers. I've seen Jeff's multiple times at C&Cs and drove KDR's back from Texas with him.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Date Posted
August 23, 2012"

That's what it's showing when I pull it up. But again, other tuned W/M Roes that Ive' seen have RWHP #s in the mid 600s. This one say 547RWHP/583RWTQ, but maybe I'm wrong abut the others having mid 600s RWHP and RWTQ???

I wouldn't worry about the dyno numbers compared to others. A lot of different factors can effect dyno numbers. The add never mentioned how much PSI the ROE is pushing. The owner may just have the 5 lb pulley and/or a conservative tune. I would do a compression check on the motor if I didn't think it was in top shape.

OP
OP
G

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Bill, but I'm holding out for a GTS.

Jeffsss sorry I couldnt make C&C this morning but I had to work until the early hours of the morning. I will try again next month. I might try and drive over to take a look at your GTS though, if you are up for it.

TTT -- Wanted Red or Yellow GTS, under 30k miles, Mods and lumpy cam prefered.

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lmao a big gulp cup that you can't get out! :lmao:

Mopar boy will sell you his for $40k if you don't take it I will. :eater:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you see this one posted in the classifieds????

I am sure the owner will work with you and it is a VERY nice car.

ebay9.jpg