Yahoo New ACR arrived!!!

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of you have asked about numbers. Can't say yet. The car only has 22 miles on it so far. The battery was pretty dead when I got it yesterday so I had to charge it over night. Hope to drive it some this weekend. Of course any dyno results here in the Mile High City will be lower because of altitude.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw your car several times in different stages while mine was getting sorted out. Your not the only one to have a bad battery on a new car. Morgan (tech) does great work and was the one overseeing your car. Glad it arrived ok.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the oil separator and having been looking for one....great position.....nice to determine what kind of power you get out of the beast...

Sabera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, great car!

I keep falling in love on this forum...:dunno:!

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw your car several times in different stages while mine was getting sorted out. Your not the only one to have a bad battery on a new car. Morgan (tech) does great work and was the one overseeing your car. Glad it arrived ok.

Weird thing about Vipers. I have an 08 that I forgot to put on a trickle charger. Had to jump start it but it ran like crap, threw 9 engine codes. Same thing happened to my 09. Why doesn't a Viper run on the alternator like other cars? I thought the battery was only necessary to start it.

Reaction score
Weird thing about Vipers. I have an 08 that I forgot to put on a trickle charger. Had to jump start it but it ran like crap, threw 9 engine codes. Same thing happened to my 09. Why doesn't a Viper run on the alternator like other cars? I thought the battery was only necessary to start it.

The Venom controller is VERY sensitive to voltage variances so the Gen4 cars battery condition is critical. When the battery is dead they almost always have to have codes cleared so you are not alone, even happens here at the dealership when they sit for a few weeks.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome colors and mods .......Now you need to put our NJMP event June 10,11,12 in on your calendar. Its going to be a Zone Rendezvous, DE event,ACR-X race, Comp Coup race . Three fun filled track day 30 miles from Atlantic City

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome colors and mods .......Now you need to put our NJMP event June 10,11,12 in on your calendar. Its going to be a Zone Rendezvous, DE event,ACR-X race, Comp Coup race . Three fun filled track day 30 miles from Atlantic City

I love NJMP. Awesome. Unfortunately I've just relocated to Colorado. I know my Avatar still says MA but that is because I kept my membership there while my wife signed up for the CO VCA region.

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George. Like the new Car awesome. Too bad you are still not in the Northeast. Same problem long winter and you can not play with the new toy till spring. Well enjoy.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George,

We met at VOI11 and looking forward to see you during the driving season this year.
Fantastic ACR by the way. :2tu::headbang:

Cheers,
Detlef

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, I know you are going to take your car out the first sunny 50 deg. day (today?). Beware that the PSC's are not tacky under 50 deg, tire temp, in case you didn't know. Pretend you are on slick roads even if they are dry, if it is cold, until you are sure they are warmed up. Check tire temps as you drive. Once they are warmed up, you can have a bit more fun. One more thing, that gravel they put on the roads in the mountains can be slick in the corners...beware. Enjoy. Feel free to come on up to Evergreen and let our ACR's get to know each other...The Evil One is from Tomball too. Glad you found a nice house with a decent garage.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your ACR looks great! Really nice color combo. (Happy to see that no one has ******* that you altered a 1 or 7!)

I read all the engine mod's you went with, but what headers and exhaust are you running with? With Belangers you'd make about 605 RWHP on DC's (conservative) dyno, 5 or more with the ACRX headers.

Those roll bars have a tendancy to squeek after break-in miles, but if you re-tighten them (ni-lock above shock) they should stop. Also, you'll need to use the stock seat belt bolt if you add 6 points belts.

Enjoy and be safe, you've got alot of power! Mike

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
All you do is start trouble these days.... :)

So where is your ACR aero boy??? You got Bernie's e-mail earlier this week..... ;)

No can do...thinking of a barely streetlegal Gen 3 track car.

Sorry for the hijack OP. Car looked awesome when I saw it at Tomball:2tu: