You Guys are Right...Kumhos are AWESOME!

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I ordered my new Kumhos from Tire rack and they were delivered by the standard shipping and arrived in two days! I took them up to the local tire store to have them put on even though my Michelins still had plenty of tread. I just finished my test drive and WOW do they grab! I was having all kinds of trouble keeping traction with the Michelins and my Roe...but not anymore. The car feels faster and I am sure it is because I can hammer the throttle far more than the gentle application I had to do before. If anyone is undecided on whether they should go with Kumhos like I was, don't worry, you will LOVE the grip! Just my 2 cents!

OP
OP
V

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TES...Tirerack has them in stock. I ordered mine on Wednesday and they were at my house on Friday! 335-30-18s, Kumho V700s cost $241 each, no tax, plus about $30 shipping for the two. When you go on tirerack.com, they will not come up by searching for tire size or by Dodge Viper. You nee to search by brand, type in Kumho, and select the V700s under competition tires. Then click on sizes and pricing. Select your size and stock will likely say low. Select the tires and BUY THEM! I was very worried about how they would look on the rims but they look fine and GRAB LIKE HELL! You can also click on installers on their web site and they will tell you who will install them in your area. If you try to buy them through a tire store, they simply order them from tirerack and mark them up 10-20 percent. Do it the way I did and you will save some money. Also, you can have the tires drop shipped to the install shop. I should have done this since it was a pain trying to squeeze one tire in the front seat and one in the trunk. You have to take the spare out of the trunk and bungie cord it half closed on top of the tire! Kumhos are awesome!

Rich

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are great tires... I raced with them at Sebring and they really hooked. But then Tommy Archer suggested Michelin Slicks so I put those on and they were like superglue... I knocked off 10 seconds off my lap times. The only problem is that you pull so many g's with these slicks that you need the Comp Coupe oil pan or you could do serious damage to your engine...

On a nice hot day there is nothing better then slicks... but on a cold or wet day, you will be all over the road.

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run Toyo RA1's on the street. They are far more streetable than the Kumho's (i.e. they have tread and can handle rain) and stick quite well. It's the spec tire for the World Challenge series...

You may want to try them when you finish with the Kumhos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude