Zaino has been improved

smashman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently I received a shipment of Zaino from the new online ordering website. The first thing I noticed when applying it was that the Z-5 is a yellow color now, instead of the peach color it used to be, and it also seemed thinner and applied much more easily. I went to buff it off, and lo and behold, it buffed off much more quickly, as well. Also noticed it didn't seem to "stick" to the mixing bottles at all, and washed out very quickly and thoroughly. The Z-2 also had all these same charactaristics. I emailed Sal and received a reply that they have indeed improved the product, it is supposed to be much slicker and wetter looking now and the Z-5 is better at filling swirls and scratches. I have applied 5 coats of z-5 and 5 coats of z-2 over the last week using the ZFX and the shine is very wet and liquid looking. Only problem I have now is what to do with the 1/2 full bottles of the old stuff? Can you use Zaino to shine your shoes or polish furniture? Thumbs up on the improved formulation, even easier to work with than before. :usa:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does this mean that the swirl remover is not snake oil anymore? If so, that's great. With the old formulation, I might as well have been ******* on my car and practicing my jumpshots with dollar bills. It was worthless!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, I had the same complaint about the old Z5. It seemed like it made more swirls than it eliminated. I stopped using it after 2 tries. I still have the 3/4 full bottle. I know they've had some complaints over it as well.

I hope this new formulation is better.

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, I had the same complaint about the old Z5. It seemed like it made more swirls than it eliminated. I stopped using it after 2 tries. I still have the 3/4 full bottle. I know they've had some complaints over it as well.

I hope this new formulation is better.

Hey Sal, how about a return policy for the old stuff. For example, I send you back the old stuff, and you send me the new stuff. I'll even pay shipping. :)

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swirls are not caused by a non-abrasive polish like Zaino.

Swirls are caused by using junk towels, applicators, or trying to polish a dirty car. Or...by an abrasive polish.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swirls are not caused by a non-abrasive polish like Zaino.

Swirls are caused by using junk towels, applicators, or trying to polish a dirty car. Or...by an abrasive polish.

Absolutely correct...5 will get you 10 the towels were a cotton poly blend.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone wanting to get rid of their old supply can send it my way. I'll pay shipping :cool: Seriously though, I have about a 5 year supply of another brand of chemicals which has always worked fine for me and is much more economical. I detailed cars all through undergrad and grad school and it kept me in mod money and spending cash. I always bought Auto Excellence products in bulk from a local supplier and their different cleaners/waxes have never given me reason to look elsewhere. But I'd be curious to try the Zaino for free or "close-to-free" and compare. One of my friends made the Zaino investment and has become a Zaino Freak, so my curiosity is piqued.