Zaino PIC

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone have a pic of there car just after they have used zaino. i would like to see how shiney the car can get. I hear good things about zaino. i thought i had the best wax for my car. please show some pix if any

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My old Viper after Zaino:

494696roofscoop-med.jpg

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now lets see the car after its been washed a couple few times..lol

nice car though. i like the scoop

OP
OP

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
holy [******] thats pretty shiney bud. thats very shiney take a look at my car after the wax i use

You must be registered for see images

Let me know what u think, Look at the hood

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now lets see the car after its been washed a couple few times..lol

nice car though. i like the scoop

Thanks.

It's a shame that the future owner of it had the dreaded power-steering cap fire :(

The wax (applied by hand) was after a normal wash. I might have clayed it, but I can't remember.

OP
OP

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually wax my car everytiei wash it. This wax i use is pretty awsome. Its about 46% carnuaba wax with no silicones and filler.its pretty zmzing actually because ehrni used to wash and wax my car with the regular mguires stuff i always got a film of dust stuck to my car. But with the new stuff i use i dont get that. Nothing stick to the car and it feels like a baby's ass. What is claying?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino gives just about the best shine you can get, but it is a time consuming, labor intensive task, as several steps are necessary to get the show car shine they do so well.
After you do the entire process...more steps gives shinier shine, they have products to maintain the shine with much less effort. The stuff smells great too.

Alternative one step/two step/three step products are also available from other suppliers. They have almost religious followings.

My Silver SRT responds to almost everything, but darker colors really pop with Zaino.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone here Feel that Zaino is not the best? I have been using the mothers Clay system in combination with Zymol Pre-wax for years and swear by it. I have not however tried Zaino.

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are pics of my award winning black Z06. I use Mag. body wash, Blackfire polyclay, Menzerna Polishes, Klasse AIO, Pinnacle Souveran and Pinnacle Crystal Mist. Check my gallery for pics of my ACR. Enjoy.............

:usa:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone here Feel that Zaino is not the best? I have been using the mothers Clay system in combination with Zymol Pre-wax for years and swear by it. I have not however tried Zaino.

After 6 years of having a Viper and seeing literally thousands of them at different events over those years-----I still don't get the Zaino thing. At large Viper events, Zainoed cars have to be pointed out to me---they certainly don't significantly stand out from any other shined up Viper. I can achieve basically the same shine with the wax I use for a fraction of the cost per wax ($3)and 1 hour of time about 3-4 times a summer. Unlike many of the pampered Zaino cars, our car typically sees some snow and sleet every year,lots of rain, and 10,000 plus miles. .......yet it still shines enough to win a car show once in a while.

To me, the real test of a wax is how it holds up in heavy winter salt and snow-----and being run through a car wash once or twice a week for 6 months. Any Zaino guys want to share some pictures of 1 coat of wax after 25 or better car washes and a hard winter under their belt? I will make sure to take some pictures this spring of the 2 vehicles we run in the winter which each only get 1 coat of wax per year.

The point here being that there are many waxes out there that can achieve the same result as Zaino for a lot less money and a heck of lot less effort.

Steve

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After my mom was killed, I drove her Monte Carlo SS as a daily driver. Here's a Zaino pic of the hood.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what Steve 00RT/10 said.

there's gotta be something in the zaino that makes them think its a good product. cause it isnt.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino is a joke...Unless you have nothing better to do with 6 hours. Turtle Wax with Meguiers 5 minute detailer over it looks just as good....Al... :rolleyes:

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've used them all, and I still go back to Zaino. It holds up so much better than typical wax which will melt off after a few days in the summer.

I don't undestand why some think it takes hours and hours to do? I can zaino my car entire car in 10 minutes, wait 30 minutes to set in, then it wipes right off. Only those doing multiple coats (which are not needed in my opinion) take long.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just pay someone else to do it. The guy that did mine in CA would spend about 8 hours, clay bar, Zaino, the works. I'd pay him $125 plus a generous tip, and I was a happy camper.

When I'm doing it, I too use Meguiers products. They are hard to beat.

Mike M

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the Romans used to say---Carpe Diem---seize the moment/day. Instead of waiting till spring for a couple pictures, I decided to take a couple when I went out to do the snow a few hours ago. We got a 12"-16" dusting again last night. The vehicles just happened to have been washed yesterday before the snow came. Unlike many posted Zaino/other wax pictures, these pics are totally unposed, taken with a inexpensive 3 MP camera in our garage as I was snowblowing earlier. The ETC is a 1995 with 120,000 miles and gets waxed once a year in the spring before I put it away for the summer. It has only been run in the winter months--every winter--since 2000. Before that, it was run year round. The truck is a 2001 Sierra 4X4. It has 132,000 miles on it. It saw severe winter weather for about 60,000 of those miles as I did my daily 160 mile commute on 2 lane roads to one of the job sites I run. The truck is run year round and waxed once a year in September. Both vehicles have seen a car wash at least once a week since mid October. Neither vehicle has ever had any body work/paint work done. Neither vehicle was ever rustproofed or had any fancy paint protection stuff on it. The fact that the bodies on these vehicles are in the shape they're in, given the age and severe use in 'salt country', has to say something for the wax. Note the salt on the garage floor. That's what vehicles up here live in for the winter. And yes, I too, have all sorts of reflections goin' on. Threw in a couple of today snow pics and the big 16 yr. old 1236 Ariens blower.

Steve

813ETC_Hood-med.jpg

813ETC_roof-med.JPG

813ETC_Side-med.JPG

813ETC_Right_Side-med.JPG

813Truck_Left_Side-med.JPG

Excuse the scraper on the caddy--one of the tools of the trade up here ;)
813Back_Ends-med.jpg

Note the entire adjacent truck reflection in the side of the Sierra
813Truck_Reflection-med.jpg

8131236_Ariens-med.JPG

813Snow_Bank-med.jpg

813Front_Porch-med.jpg

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright general question to all you guys with black cars. I think there is nothing prettier than a black viper but After the fine scratches I see in my truck when it hits direct sunlight, it really kinda bugs me about the possiblity of owning a Viper with SCRATCHES in it. What exactly can I do to avoid all of them. Is it me drying the car off incorrectly?? or is it just completely unavoidable?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you bought your black car new, NEVER let anything touch it except micro fiber towels. And don't let the dealer TOUCH or wash the car. Once he does and uses a bullcrap dirty sponge, it's OVER.hahah.. Use the Mr. Clean System!!!!!! You'll never have to use a towel or anything to dry it and create swirls... ANYTIME a towel, ANY KIND Of TOWEL (the one u use to wax and TRY and remove swirls), touches the ground... WASH IT. Never let anything touch your black paint except clean ****** towels and you'll be fine with the swirls. Once you use the towels put them up, after a few uses wash them using liquid detergent.

. Then learn how to operate a buffer and you'll be golden...

If you bought your black car from someone that didn't know how to take care of black paint, pay a professional to buff the entire car out (the only real way to get rid of swirls). Once done, NEVER use a dirty towel. Clean micro fiber towels are the best and wash them! ;-) ....

G :nana: :2tu:

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey thanks alot Gerald for the advice. Im afraid Im too late for my truck. But their is a guy around town that will buff it out for me. Then I guess I will get started with a clean slate.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are stuck on this crap.I have used it and Ill speak up and say the truth.Use Mequires or Pinnacle Souvenar and you will be blown away.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard if you use pledge after washing and waxing it also helps with the shine also repels dust.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody ever used Liquid Lustre? I recentl bought some at a car show and I havent had a chance to put it on yet

That's the wax that produced the above results on the caddy and truck. I've been using it the last 5 yrs or so. I have never seen a wax hold up this well after repeated washings and harsh conditions. Less than an hour to do the Viper. Very easy on and off.

Steve

---- I might also add that getting a good reflective shine on the gold color of the 2 vehicles above is, IMO, a tougher test of wax than achieving the same with a black car.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The absolute best and easiest wax I've ever used (and still using to this date) is S100 (otherwise known as P215S). They are available at Harley Davidson stores. Only problem is that the car's paint must first be free of swirls becaue this wax does not contain any cleaners or fillers.

After going through Megquiers, Zaino, Zymol, NXT I've decided to stick with S100. It also repels Dust unlike most other products (attract dust).

OP
OP

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best wax out there is called "worldsbestwax" i believe there is about 50 percent carnuaba in it with no silicones and fillers. Absolouty no dust sticks to the car. This stuff is amazing. Leaves the wet look shine. Check out web site
http://www.autobahnsalon.com/