11.81 @ 118 at NED tonight

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I finally hit the 11's at my home track. I always thought this track sucked (2.0 and above 60' times), but tonight they actually prepped it. Even though we waited around for 8 hours to get only 3 runs, it was worth it. My first run I tried slipping the clutch at 2000rpm (which is what I do when they DON'T prep the track) and I bogged REAL Bad (2.2 60' time) and ran to a 12.4@117. The next run, I knew the track was there, so I launched pretty hard (3500rpm, slip the clutch to the limit of traction, and go go go). I SMOKED another 2000 GTS that ran a 14.something (does the owner want to step up and admit to a 14 sec run in a GTS???
smile.gif
...hehe, just giving you a hard time buddy). So 11.81@118 isn't bad... the density altitude was about 1800 feet, so it was like running at a track 1800' feet above sea level. If the air was cooler, and less humid, and more pressure, my MPH would have been on the high side of 120 where it should be, and I would have run in the 11.6 range, or maybe better.

Anyays, it was a good night overall. I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, but rumor has it a Gen 1 BONE STOCK RT/10 ran a 12.2 tonight also... anyone want to step up and fill us in on those details? I don't think I've ever heard of a faster time for a Gen I RT/10...

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, excellent runs both of you!

Wish I could've been there, but I wasn't able to get a ride in time.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Mike, you are not far from 11.60's good track and cooler weather look out.