110/112 Octane Fuel

VipeRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just realized the other day that the Sunoco station near my house sells 110 and 112 Octane gasoline. I am running a Roe S/Charger and VEC2 system on my '00 RT, and my card is calibrated for 93 octane. What performance gains would I receive if I recalibrated my system to run on 110 or 112 octane?
Thanks
VipeRx

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on how much ignition advance you dare to give ...

Usually higher octane allows to run higher boost and the boost will give you a lot more HP.

From the measures that I have done on street using the 6.5lb pulley you can gain up to 5-10% if you go from 91 oct to 94 oct fuel.

Once you set the optimal ignition there is nothing to gain by going to higher octane fuel.

Actually you can even loose some HP.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you had a turbo you could jut dial up a little more boost from inside your car just for that tank of gas. But since your blown you will need to change the pulley and belt for thank of gas then change it back when your done.

vd..

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Octanes like that are always from lead. performance would suffer after the cats fail and plug up.

I just realized the other day that the Sunoco station near my house sells 110 and 112 Octane gasoline. I am running a Roe S/Charger and VEC2 system on my '00 RT, and my card is calibrated for 93 octane. What performance gains would I receive if I recalibrated my system to run on 110 or 112 octane?
Thanks
VipeRx

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If properly tuned(more timing, possily 10 lbs pulley), you can see an extra 30-50 HP, but ASSuming you are running without cats, you will have to change out your O2 sensors because from what I understand is the lead in the fuel will coat them and cause them to fail earlier than normal.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are several brands of high octan level fuels available without lead. They use so called MTBE, which the O2 sensor doesn't care about. However MTBE is bad for health and prohibited in several states for street use.