1992 to 1996 RT/10 Supercharger kit prototype finished..

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We finished the Gen 1 kit prototype today and it's ready for production :)
We went through several part revisions to make it as straight forward to build and install as the Gen2 kit.
The kit is coming off now so we can service the car (the coolant system needs to be flushed, fluids changed, etc) and baseline test it with the stock intake.
Next, the VEC2 will be setup and tested on it (with stock intake). While that's happening, we will finish the engineering drawings in iges and dxf formats. The prototype parts will then go back on the car with the configured VEC2 and we will test with 5, 7 and 8 psi.
This is happening now and over the next couple of weeks. We have three engineers here from Sweden helping us get caught up (amazing how much quicker things can get done with three extra guys working 10 hours a day). Next up is the SRT (we have a car here now and a spare motor with a SC kit bolted onto it) and the intercooler.
The VEC2 will also be available as a stand alone system in the next 2-3 weeks also.
More information will be released as it's available. Thanks for your patience while we continue to grow.

Regards,
Sean

PS. Congrats to Jason Heffner on his run at the V10 nationals. He stopped by with his crew today to visit and show us his twin turbo ride (Very Nice!)

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOOT.. heh I am excited! thanks for keeping us posted. I am looking forward to the release!

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG!!!!!!! I'm sure I'll have to file for divorce when the wifey finds out about this!!!!!!!!!
I'm screwed!!!!!! :(

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
SNAKE ..... you mean IF the wifey finds out. That's my plan and OUR secret! Gotta love having that secret slush fund from the business expenses.

SEAN - <font color="red"> SCHWEET !!! </font> Look forward to seeing more info!

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL LOL she will find out bcuz she's a car nut like me!!!!!
Prolly looks under the hood as much as me!!!!! She has a 68 Road Runner 440 4-speed,,,,, I'm screwed!!!!! :(

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a good one Newport!!!!!! My birthday is in may, Last year I got a 68 charger,,,,,,, this year?????

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have the link to the post and dyno sheet from the VEC 2 on a N/A car??

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
these words are cany to my ears...and my car. any pics avaliable, and where will it stand in line with pricing?

ryan

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great news Sean, GEN1 needed some ROE S/C adrenaline :D Guys you gona love it for sure.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am looking forward to it Sean. I have talked to you a couple of times on the phone and you are a class act. It will be a great summer!!

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Here's the progress since last Monday (sorry it took so long for an update, but we got a lot done).
The machine drawings for the bracketry on the G1 kit are finished. We're verifying them now before proceeding with production.
The VEC2 is now running on the G1. Wiring harness is prototyped and the system is running timing advance / retard, has fuel control, etc, like on the G2 (though many computer items were different than the G2).
We're in the process of reinstalling the kit on the 93 RT and are creating the installation parts list, manual and pictures as we go. It should be ready to roll onto the dyno tomorrow or Wednesday.
Pricing is expected to be the same as the G2 system. Power gains at 5, 7, and 8 psi will be known shortly.
Regards,
Sean

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Sean:
Forgot to ask this question...what is the ETA on the complete kit for sale? 2 weeks, 3 weeks?
Thanks again

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Forgot to ask this question...what is the ETA on the complete kit for sale? 2 weeks, 3 weeks?"

I'd say about May based on the delivery dates of the manifolds, etc.

We're not on the dyno yet (today is Wednesday). We're finishing the wiring harness for the VEC2 and had to special order some socket head 5/16" stainless steel bolts for the intake base.

Regards,
Sean

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! May! I remember someone said, "good things come to those who wait"...that will be me. May it is.

papabear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a question since you are talking about the Gen 1 supercharger. How will the lower compression on the Gen 1 engine help with the boost level? Since it is about .5 lower than a Gen 2 engine I would think it would be about ideal for a boosted car. Will the Gen 1 be able to run more boost safely than a Gen 2 engine?

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Sean:
Any numbers on the dyno? Any chance the S/C will be available sooner?
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas