1992 Viper

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found a 1992 Viper that is for sale with 52 miles on the clock. The car has been stored in a climate controlled environment and is in perfect condition.

Whats this thing worth? I read they were very rare and are bringing big money, any truth to that?

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only car that I have seen go up in value already is the 1998 GTS-R. The 92's will have about 10 years to go before they are worth some $$$. Better to invest in something else if you want an investment.

OP
OP
T

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, I haven't gotten the owner to commit to a price as of yet that's why I'm curious what everyone here thinks about pricing. Even the window sticker is still attatched to the car, shows $53K.

Slaughter, your friendship is expensive... :lol:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the one out of Chicago? If so, I saw it a couple years ago at the Midwest Zone Rendezvous. Brand new! Didn't know that it was for sale though.
Depending on the price, it would be a great car to own, drive a little, and keep for years!

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is strange is the Barett Jackson 92 Viper that sold for 47k in January was immediately placed up for sale here in Indy and was resold in March for $43K. Sure was not a good investment for the guy that bought it at the BJ auction. There is a 92 in Ohio with 11K miles for $36.5K. I also think that this would be a very poor investment since the car could not be driven or it would lose its value and the money could be invested in other places that would get you a far greater return (real estate). JMHO.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you had a car collection and you wanted it, it would be worth having. As an investment, IMO, buy some GE instead.

I would think that it would be worth 20% more than the best price you see any regular, 7k miles or so, gen1 actually selling for/

OP
OP
T

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. The car is in Jax Fl and the owner got back with me, he wants the original sticker price plus, upper 50's.

I told him thanks for his time.