1994 Side Sill Recall?

GATOR SERPENT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my 94 RT Side Sills Fixed 6 months ago due to the TSB for Corrosion. The dealer put new rivots in and re-painted the sills. I had one of the sills show up with a bubble in the paint the other day and a different dealer is re painting them.

The paint shop is under the assumption that there was a recall on them in the past and were being replaced with some type of Urethane material. They hope to let me know today. They are checking with Dodge.

Anyone ever hear this? A Recall on Side Sills?

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One thing that makes a difference is how many owners the car has had.
I was told by a Dodge Service Manager (a friend of mine) that they will only do the warranty replacemant for the first 2 owners and that the outer body perforation warranty was for 7 year 100K miles.

The way Daimler is cutting back on what they're willing to do, it's a good question as to whether they will stand behind any questionable (to them) warranty claims.

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I am owner number two.... So guess they even stop there. I am still confused on the 3y / 36k vs 7y 100k. Which one is right?

STOUT 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC knows there's a problem with side sill corosion. They just don't want to step up to the plate and address this. Instead just put out a TSB service memo. The corosion waranty on the "94 is 3yrs/36K. Also they will only do two out of waranty repairs. Have your service department print out a service history on your vehicle to see what, if anything, was done.

I understand your problem. Been there, done that..

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently tried to get my side sills (94) repaired under warranty but was turned down at ever turn up to the customer care center. They said the warranty was only to 3yrs / 36k. Seems a design flaw to me. In any case, my owners manual says 3yr / 36k for corrosion. However in the manual, a taped computer print-out with the original owners name had a 7y / 100k warranty listed as the time frame. I guess I lose on this one. Good luck.

Jon, why are some people getting this fixed and other not??? Heck my 94 only has 5k miles on it, always garaged. Very fustrating, only piece of metal on the entire body...

Ron

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last August I went to my local 5 Star Dodge dealer to get mine replaced (94 RT 10 @7,000 miles) and the bodyshop manager just about laughed at me. I then said, look my friend, obvioulsy I don't keep this car outside and by the amount of mileage, you can see that this is babied. There is something wrong here with the sills rusting - it shouldn't happen period, especially on an expensive car. He said there was nothing he could do...at that point, I said "give me Daimler Chrysler's number in Michigan." He was like why? As a teacher always answering dumb questions I hit him with the reply "why ask why?" to which he chose not to answer, but give me the phone number.

Needless to say, within two weeks I had two new side sills, that I installed and brought the bozo my old ones. When I didn't hand over the bolts, he told me that he was going to need them - obviously to aggravate me. I went home that day and got a handful of 2 1/2 inch drywall screws and brought them back and handed them over in a baggie. He was like "what the heck are these?" "I said you wanted the fasterners for the old sills didn't you?" He must of figured I was a psycopath and just proceeded with the transaction and I laughed my way home with $4,000 of goodies in my truck bed.