2,000 miles in the past month. This is why I bought the car. (pics)

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a blast I have had with the car over the past month. Definetly got a chance to drive her as much as I wanted and was able to attend some events that were incredible. But first things first. Before I hit the road I had to make sure my looks were up to par.

So I pulled out the Zaino and let her rip. Oh yeah and don't forget to do the wheels.

195100_0285a.JPG

Next up I had a few goodies that had been laying around that I finally made time to put on the car.

195100_0228a-med.JPG

195100_0235a-med.JPG

I love the way the MGW shifts and the black is growing on me.

Now off to the races. First stop, just south of Memphis for a small drivers school and 2 day autox. Plenty of seat time and some patient instructors helped me tame some of the Viper's brute force. Being smooth = fast times. :D

Next stop V10 Nationals. I was determined to drive the car the 500 miles regardless. There was just 1 problem. How do I get these there.

195100_0301a-med.JPG

Figured it out. Leave the gf at home and put the tires in the pass. seat and trunk. Fit just fine and I didn't feel bad since my car is no trailer queen.

Thanks again David for making the V10 Nationals happen and for planning such a wonderful event. I think the most fun I had was lining up next to David's, RSI's, and other extremely fast Vipers and watching them leave me as we went down the 1/4 mile. That was the best seat in the house.

195100_0271a.JPG

Sometimes it is just good to get away for a few days and enjoy what we have been so blessed to have....Life. What better way to spend it than driving a Viper. Well back to my chores. First things first. Wash the car and cut the grass.

195100_0289a-med.JPG

ps - So many wonderful people I met as well. I won't even attempt to name them all because I would hate to miss someone.

pps - see ya in Dallas in June. :cool:

Take care
John
:usa:

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******]! I'm jealous...I wish I could drive my Viper that much these days...

I was really looking forward to the Zone event here next month in Dallas but I'll be in Portland for the CART race that very weekend. :( I'm so bummed...

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taylorsville... I see you are lost. Call me for directions. Lol. I hope your trip is going well Barbara.

RedSnake, I believe the zone event is June 20-22. You coming?

Rdustman, I am not talking to you. I think your car is faster than mine now. Lol. Those tires kick a$$ don't they. :D

John

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RedSnake -

June 20th through the 22nd I believe are the offical dates out at TMS.

Think you'll have your Snake back by then?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove 2000 miles during two long weekends (7 days) and had two (very) different driving courses..... :D
145P5112042small.jpg

145b10.jpg

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I wasn't lost in Taylorsville...I was visiting friends who fell in love with my Viper and now want to own one! I'm having a great trip...I'm now in Houston for a few days and will shortly head for West Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, then home to Utah. I am amazed at what a good "road car" my Viper is! No problems...lots of looks (mostly envious)...lots of fun. I love your pictures! If I only had a digital camera...oh, well...

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S. to previous post...I am amazed that since I left Utah May 14, I've only seen one Viper besides mine! It was a yellow one in Galveston on May 17. WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barbara, you definetly need a dig. camera. We were all expecting to see pics from your trip. Glad everything is going well. Be safe.

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you're getting your money's worth. Excellent choice in colors. I also have a 2001 Sapphire Blue RT/10 with Connely leather. Did you put a new exaust on it or just some extra wide tips. It looks like they aren't stock. How much did it improve the sound? I'm in St. Joseph, Mo. Where are you located?

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don, I did change my exhaust a little, but instead of handing over $1300 bucks for a cat-back, I just took the car to a muffler shop and let them do the work.

I deleted the rear muffler and had the guy make me an "X" pipe in place of the muffler. The tips are 3.5 inches and I got them from Summit (up to 4 inches will fit). Also did the ROE oval hi-flo cats.

Sound to me is perfect. Definetly better than stock, but not as loud as cars running no cats. Around $400 bucks in all.

John

195100_0278a-med.JPG

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just pulled in yesterday...5600 miles since May 14! No car trouble...no tickets. Gave lots of rides, got lots of looks (old people like that!), had tons of fun. The Viper is still panting...waiting for its much-needed wash job. WOW!

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barbara, if you don't mind where all exactly did you go/

I know you had quite a trip planned. 5,600 miles is unreal. Looks like I have some driving to do.

John

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J SMITH, does it feel like it has any more power or just the sound??? (which is important)

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plumcrazy, to me there is a noticeable gain in power. I also went to the strip with that being my only change and improved 2 tenths on street tires.

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started in Roosevelt, UT, stopped in Amarillo, then Troup, TX, then Houston and Galveston; back to Houston, then to Lafayette, New Orleans, Buras, Ponchatoula, Robert, back to New Orleans, LA,; on to Taylorsville, Laurel and Picayune, MS; to St. Francisville, Lafayette, Jennings, LA, Wallisville, TX, and back to Houston; then to Gonzales, Dripping Springs, Boerne, Midland, TX; Roswell and Los Alamos, NM; finally, home to Roosevelt. It was a "sentimental journey" of sorts, and I didn't want to look back in ten years and say, "[******]! I wish I had done that!" I ate lots of good seafood, gave many Viper rides, especially to kids who would never have asked to be driven to school in a Dodge Intrepid, what can I say? It was a grand and glorious experience!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BarbaraAnn, I love your attitude and outlook.

when im old I never wanna say....woulda,coulda,shoulda....when i cant

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barbara Ann, I think you just did what we wish we all could do, given the time problems of busy schedules. We should follow your example! Anyone remember the old TV show Route 66, that's what this reminded me of.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
barbara, I meant when "IM" old. not you. I actually missed your old comment. I assumed no age to be honest.

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry...I'm not at all sensitive about my age. I just don't admit to it except under duress. I hadn't thought about Route 66 in ages, but the analogy does fit. Go ahead and buy a Viper. You'll love it!

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 106000 miles on a 94 I bought new. I put 90000 on the 1st 3 years. It is now semi- retired, but holds a special place for me. No major problems, ever. Drive them as they are meant to be driven.