7 YR. Warranty on Viper

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the optional 7yr/60K warranty and if so what did you pay for it.? Please PM me if you dont feel comfortable posting it. Kevin

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I have this same warranty and this subject has been tossed around a lot on here. I paid around $1300 but times have changed and so have prices. Owners have paid a wide variety of prices for this same warranty. Depends on where you shop as sellers vary a lot in their pricing.

LouN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I paid $2900 and that also included the tire and wheel package.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap. 2 or 3 grand gets you a 7 year warranty on a new viper?

Im gonna end up getting a new viper. I can feel it. Theres just to much value and badassness

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid 2K which I dont think is to bad on a bumper to bumper on a vehicle that has this much tech. I also feel its a good option to have when and if you decide to sell since its transferable.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is service at the average dodge dealer is such that it renders the warranty useless as there is low consumer confidence in ability. At least that's how I feel

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And many guys have taken their covered car to tator's garage etc and paid out of pocket because they share this sentiment.

Thom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you buy an extended warranty, the warranty time begins counting down IMMEDIATELY.

Thus, buying a new viper and a 7-year extended warranty at the same time means you get 3-years of new car bumper-to-bumper warranty, followed by four years of extended warranty. 7 years total.

Buying a new viper without an extended warranty, then buying a7-year extended warranty just BEFORE the bumper-to-bumper warranty runs out, means you get a 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty followed by 7 years of extended warranty. 10 years total.

The reason extended warranties are so cheap with a new car purchase is because the extended warranty is useless while the bumper-to-bumper warranty is in effect. Thus, you are effectively buying only a 4-year extended warranty.

Last edited:

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you buy an extended warranty, the warranty time begins counting down IMMEDIATELY.

Thus, buying a new viper and a 7-year extended warranty at the same time means you get 3-years of new car bumper-to-bumper warranty, followed by four years of extended warranty. 7 years total.

Buying a new viper without an extended warranty, then buying a7-year extended warranty just BEFORE the bumper-to-bumper warranty runs out, means you get a 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty followed by 7 years of extended warranty. 10 years total.

The reason extended warranties are so cheap with a new car purchase is because the extended warranty is useless while the bumper-to-bumper warranty is in effect. Thus, you are effectively buying only a 4-year extended warranty.

This is NOT my personal experience with the Chrysler Maxicare 7 year warranty. The Warranty on my 2008 Gen IV ran concurrently with my factory warranty and expired exactly 7 years from the purchase date. I purchased this warranty more than 1 year after I purchased the car. Perhaps the rules have changed, but I doubt it.

Thom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is NOT my personal experience with the Chrysler Maxicare 7 year warranty. The Warranty on my 2008 Gen IV ran concurrently with my factory warranty and expired exactly 7 years from the purchase date. I purchased this warranty more than 1 year after I purchased the car. Perhaps the rules have changed, but I doubt it.

Stealth is correct and I am wrong. I just looked it up. Regardless of when you buy the extended warranty, the warranty term of service goes into effect as of the date car was first sold. I would delete my incorrect post, but the forum software does not give me that option.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's incorrect? Seems exactly what you stated. The Extended warrantee run concurrently with the factory warrantee. The only benefit would be if you were able to buy a Max Care 7 year plan at the end of the 3/36 factory warrantee and have it take effect at that time...not roll back to the original date of service...in effect doing what Thom originally posted.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's incorrect? Seems exactly what you stated. The Extended warrantee run concurrently with the factory warrantee. The only benefit would be if you were able to buy a Max Care 7 year plan at the end of the 3/36 factory warrantee and have it take effect at that time...not roll back to the original date of service...in effect doing what Thom originally posted.

You cannot do what you suggest in your last sentence. If the factory warranty is 4 years, a 7 year Maxicare Warranty provides you only 3 more years, not 7 years from the purchase date of the warranty. The extended warranty runs from the date of purchase of the Viper. I would love to be wrong on that!

Now, perhaps new rules have been added, and you may also be able to purchase longer warranties.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No , the warranty runs from the time of the sale, so a 7 year is that total, not 10 years. You could possibly buy a 5 year , used service contract at the end of the initial phase and that gives you 5 years from that date, but it is alot more expensive. The other thing about waiting till the end , is there are often price increases , so you pay at that time and not at the prevailing rate now.

The one item not mentioned, is the contract provides for a rental car if in the shop for a covered charge as well as trip interuption proceeds, and that is not covered by the standard Limited Bumper to Bumper factory coverage.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the "lifetime" warranty and it was right around $3K after some negotiation. Definitely worth it in my opinion on a car like the Viper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper