$83,895!!!! $350 increase

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We tried to tell all the Viper faithful not to worry, as the message was not going to be distributed until all the facts were in. Now that every one knows the gas guzzler tax went down, it is very understandable why the price was not discussed ----- more power and better fuel mileage, dontcha jest luv it !!!???!!!:2tu:

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We tried to tell all the Viper faithful not to worry, as the message was not going to be distributed until all the facts were in. Now that every one knows the gas guzzler tax went down, it is very understandable why the price was not discussed ----- more power and better fuel mileage, dontcha jest luv it !!!???!!!:2tu:

How has sales been Bill? Did you order any for the dealership other than what people placed deposits on???

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best decision DC has made in a long time to keep the price virtually the same. Makes the new Gen IV a better deal doller per hp. It will shake up the resale of previous Gen III Vipers but what a steal they will be for the buyers.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The 2003 through 2006 engine can be reliably enhanced to RWHP and RWT well beyond the 2008 for under $10,000. ( Keep in mind that the stated torque of the 2003 through 2006 engine from Dodge is 535 ft lbs. The 2008 engine is 560 ft lbs.) The complexity of the new engine: VVT, cam within a cam, Venom programming, and the high compression ratio mean that it will be 18 to 24 months before anyone develops a reliable supercharger kit for it and, even then, it will not be a plug and play like the current Paxton kit. The 2008 engine will have to go through a process of compression reduction first. I do not foresee an inexpensive system in the future. So, with that said, the 2006 coupes may actually go up in value since they are great platforms to modify and not that many were made. And, as we all know, quite a few have already been totalled. For me, the interesting parts of the 2008 are the clutch, transmission, rear end and tire changes. If they result in quicker shifts and better traction and the price is not prohibitive, a change out might be interesting. The last Viper quarterly mentioned that same would be possible. As far as the new hood is concerned, its a matter of taste.

Last edited:

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If fast were a color it would be more opinionated than red. It may think about being black but would demand more spirit. It would be more aggressive than green and be less caution than yellow. If fast were a color it would be Viper Blue.

Kool......... But NOOOOOO!!!:nono: :nono: :nono: Red is still the fast color!:D :D :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will shake up the resale of previous Gen III Vipers but what a steal they will be for the buyers.

It might a little bit. But as Bobpantax said, the complexity of the new motor will be a deterent of sorts.

Personally, I never understood the reasoning behind $30K+ motor mods to a brand new car, but that's me.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The 2003 through 2006 engine can be reliably enhanced to RWHP and RWT well beyond the 2008 for under $10,000. ( Keep in mind that the stated torque of the 2003 through 2006 engine from Dodge is 535 ft lbs. The 2008 engine is 560 ft lbs.) The complexity of the new engine: VVT, cam within a cam, Venom programming, and the high compression ratio mean that it will be 18 to 24 months before anyone develops a reliable supercharger kit for it and, even then, it will not be a plug and play like the current Paxton kit. The 2008 engine will have to go through a process of compression reduction first. I do not foresee an inexpensive system in the future. So, with that said, the 2006 coupes may actually go up in value since they are great platforms to modify and not that many were made. And, as we all know, quite a few have already been totalled. For me, the interesting parts of the 2008 are the clutch, transmission, rear end and tire changes. If they result in quicker shifts and better traction and the price is not prohibitive, a change out might be interesting. The last Viper quarterly mentioned that same would be possible. As far as the new hood is concerned, its a matter of taste.

Bob you're a good salesman. Can you be by my side when I sell my 05:)

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those who had the chance (50 other guys) in January 2007 to see the 08 engin running on a dyno will confirm that the new engin can and will easily produce well beyond 600hp. This is just a start ... Count on a 700hp engin in the near future. In addition traction control and ESP is in sight !

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First, a lifetime warranty on their other vehicles... now this low price....
I wonder how much the 675+HP ACR will be....

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those who had the chance (50 other guys) in January 2007 to see the 08 engin running on a dyno will confirm that the new engin can and will easily produce well beyond 600hp. This is just a start ... Count on a 700hp engin in the near future. In addition traction control and ESP is in sight !

I'd like to see some all-wheel drive on the next platform as well.

T.C.z.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO, this will wreak havoc on Gen III owners trying to sell their cars.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

510hp is nothing to sneeze at.

I've only seen a few cars that could challenge the SRT/10 when I'm on the road. The 08's will be fantastic but, they won't make ME push the 05 out of the garage.

Love the one your with:drive:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It should be interesting to see the effects. As a practical matter, no one anticipated much of a price change for the 08 anyway, so one would think that would mean the Gen III cars *shouldn't* take a further hit, but of course there's likely a market difference between "anticipated" and "knowing" the price.