98 GTS which radiator??

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In preparation for forced induction I plan on replacing the stock radiator with an all aluminum aftermarket unit. Question is which one? My GTS is a 98 and I don't want to mod everything up front to get the radiator to fit. Not planning on upgrading everything at once so it will have to work with the factory airbox for a while as well. So is there one that shines above the others? Ron Davis, Fluidyne, Alans Performance, any others? Looking for some real world experience. Help me spend some money wisely for a change.:D

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the fluidyne on my 01. I do not recommend it for the reasons you state. PM me for specifics...but I think I posted some commends a year or so ago regarding it. You should be able to search for them.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fluidyne requires airbox replacement because it is so thick. I have a Ron Davis and it slips right in and retains the OE airbox.

You can see it peeking out by the upper hose in the pic.

You must be registered for see images

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a PWR triple-pass unit in my 98 and it is so thick I had to move the airbox rearward about one and a quarter inch. Other than that adjustment and a careful modification of the 99+ fan I have it was direct bolt-in.

Suggestion, no matter what you buy, take it to a radiator shop and have it leak tested before you go through the trouble of installing it. If you have a bad unit finding it early will save you a ton of trouble.

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suggestion, no matter what you buy, take it to a radiator shop and have it leak tested before you go through the trouble of installing it. If you have a bad unit finding it early will save you a ton of trouble.

My first one leaked. New out of the box. Was replaced for free. Well, minus a $26.00 postage stamp back to Ron Davis.

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like I will be leaning towards getting the Ron Davis unit. It seems to be the only one that doesn't require substantial mods to get it to fit. Not that moving the stock airbox would be a problem, I just don't want other aftermarket stuff to not fit because I already had to move something and their product was modeled to fit on a "stock" setup.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not[e] that moving the stock airbox would be a problem, I just don't want other aftermarket stuff to not fit because I already had to move something and their product was modeled to fit on a "stock" setup.
If you are going forced induction - perhaps the use/location of the stock airbox does not matter? I guess it might with a Roe blower, but not with a centrifugal or turbos.