99 Silver GTS or 05 Copperhead Vert?

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy! - I currently own a 1999 Silver GTS with bolt on mods, wheels and tires, etc. Been thinking about switching to a 2005 Copperhead vert (stock or near stock condition). Bought the GTS already modded, but would not mod the 2005 other than exhaust and shifter maybe. Have some questions (and need opinions):

1.) Which car would be worth more in the long run?
2.) Which is the better car overall?
3.) If you have owned both (GTS and Vert), which do you prefer? I live in Houston, TX if that is a factor for the vert.

Thanks in advance!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 99 GTS (silver) and miss the baby badly...I would not care about owning a 2005...

1) who cares. drive the beast and have FUN

2) what is "better"

3) I prefer my RT/10 over the GTS, but I will have another GTS in the future, like 2-Viper-Chuck...:beer:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the GTS and wait until you can afford to add an '05. That's what I am going to do.....a yellow '05 vert.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT is a better car all around except looks. but you have to go with what YOU Want. dont ever buy a car based on resale value. its a car, enjoy it for what it is.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id keep the GTS, looks better and straigth line performance can be equaled/better with mods which you already have.

Save and buy the Vert like mad0953 said. Two is aways better then one, thats why god gave us a pair.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am partial to the Copperhead.....beautiful color, and the Gen III style has really grown on me.....that's why I have an 05 Comm. Edition!

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 96 B/W GTS...I am "saving"(like 10 years from now) for a 06 FE B/W coupe. Just like the color combo. But then again I also would like a 99 black ACR, 08 SSG, 05 copperhead vert. ;-)

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy choice, keep the GTS. The SRT might be the better car but nothing beats the looks of the first/second generation Viper.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kept my '96 GTS when I bought the silver '03 SRT. After almost a year of two Viper ownership, I actually had to think about driving the GTS. It had sat almost a year without me putting gas in it. The SRT just drives (and stops) so much better than the gen two cars.
So I bundled the GTS with the Indy Pace Truck and the mathing trailer and sold the whole outfit with one phone call.
Then they said "we will be making YELLOW" and the rest is history!:usa:

PBR

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kept my '96 GTS when I bought the silver '03 SRT. After almost a year of two Viper ownership, I actually had to think about driving the GTS. It had sat almost a year without me putting gas in it. The SRT just drives (and stops) so much better than the gen two cars.
So I bundled the GTS with the Indy Pace Truck and the mathing trailer and sold the whole outfit with one phone call.
Then they said "we will be making YELLOW" and the rest is history!:usa:

PBR

Same experience. I kept my GTS and bought an 06 convertible, always seemed to take the SRT instead. Have not sold the GTS yet but probably will, just not driving it enough.

V

Venomiss

Or, I could just borrow yours??? :D

Thanks everyone for your opinions!

Did we decide anything?:eater: If you could pry the keys away....;)
We have let other Viper owners drive but that was before Doug Levin worked his magic.
Now it's just us driving. To Canada and beyond!

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did we decide anything?:eater: If you could pry the keys away....;)
We have let other Viper owners drive but that was before Doug Levin worked his magic.
Now it's just us driving. To Canada and beyond!

Yes, I am going to keep my 99 GTS for now. I did decide if 2011 is indeed the last year for the Viper, that I would consider buying a new one before they went out of production.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep what you have. Classic looks, Lemans, Daytona winner. Get an srt when it wins Lemans or a GT-1 championship. You have the big dog not an also ran that can't compete in gt-2. However I hear that it (srt) is good for ricer drifting. GTS Bruce

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 96 B/W GTS...I am "saving"(like 10 years from now) for a 06 FE B/W coupe. Just like the color combo. But then again I also would like a 99 black ACR, 08 SSG, 05 copperhead vert. ;-)

I agree. A B/W GTS and a B/W Gen 3 Coupe....now there's a pair......:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte