Anyone have a Rad laying around?

BAKSPEED23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 95 RT/10 which I am in the process of getting back onto the road. I did a pressure test on the rad and realize it's leaking from the driver's side plastic tank. So it's time for a new rad.. Was wondering if anyone on here has a spare rad, preferably any upgrades to the stock one. I know there are companies out there that make them, but was hoping someone would Would be able to help me out first, before having to spend big money on a new one.. Really would appreciate any help! You can email me at [email protected]. Easier to get a hold of me there. Thank you in advance!

lane_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a Gen 2 myself, so not sure if its the same unit, but I went with a X2 Builders radiator. Stock fitment and has worked well the last 5 years its been installed.

lane_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly it was around $650 + shipping and tax

I did hang on to my stock unit and can have it re-cored at some point in the future by a radiator shop, once I find a good one around middle TN.

You could opt for an Aluminum unit but I found them more expensive, and worried about longevity.

lane_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

kssssnake

Enthusiast
Venom Member
Reaction score
I got a triple pass aluminum one from ROE racing a few years ago. It used to overheat. No problems since. Easy install.

Badinternet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also looking to get a new triple-pass aluminum radiator this Spring before the hot Texas summer. Has anyone had any luck with this one from The Viper Store: https://www.theviperstore.com/Viper2_Products_Parts&Upgrades_Cooling.htm

I was also curious about the special anode radiator cap also listed on the same page as the radiator. I've heard mixed things, the consensus seems to be that it doesn't help at all; i don't remember the reasoning, though.

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to have a new 3-row brass core installed between my stock tanks next week. I expect to be on track in Feb.

That's what I did when my Gen 2 radiator started weeping....local radiator shop did a really nice job with the three row and the car ran cooler and at more consistent temps even in the hot Texas summers and in traffic.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys can state year and price that would be good. People ask that all the time after getting a local shop quote them some stupid number.

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys can state year and price that would be good. People ask that all the time after getting a local shop quote them some stupid number.

I believe I paid around $425 out the door to completely restore it and convert it to a 3 row, but that was over 10 years ago (if that's what you're asking). Here's who I used....was really impressed with their knowledge and attention to detail.

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also looking to get a new triple-pass aluminum radiator this Spring before the hot Texas summer. Has anyone had any luck with this one from The Viper Store: https://www.theviperstore.com/Viper2_Products_Parts&Upgrades_Cooling.htm

I was also curious about the special anode radiator cap also listed on the same page as the radiator. I've heard mixed things, the consensus seems to be that it doesn't help at all; i don't remember the reasoning, though.
pretty sure there's no need for one, although I have one. mainly because i wanted to replace my old cap.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala