Anybody been to Chicago Show????

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My observations from the Chicago Auto Show:

The new Viper can best be described as EXTREME. The front end looks a tad bit wider than the back (viewed from front or back), but that's probably just an illusion. The raised back end takes some getting used to. The bigger rear wheels and meatier rear tires take some getting used to. The front half of the car has flat sides, and the back halve has curved sides. That takes some getting used to. The seats have extreme lower side bolsters that have to be at least 8" deep. The pass-thru's for racing harnesses in the seats is a nice touch. The huge brakes/rotors are sweeeet. The soft top is it's own tonneau when it's down (obviously didn't want a separate tonneau that would get sucked off at 200+ mph).

I don't think the Gen-3 Viper is better or worse looking then Gen-1/2. It's just different. Stare at the new Viper for about 20 minutes, then go look at the other sportscars at the show. You will look at everything else in a new (and paler) light.

The new Ram is f%&#in' awesome! From the pictures, I had reservations about the version with the chrome grill. Also the grill in general looked too big. In person, the new Ram looks PERFECT!!!

The Jeep Liberty is another vehicle that I had reservations about from the pictures, but in person it looks perfect.

Dave

OP
OP
D

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For the LIVE Chicago Auto Show webcam, go here: http://www.4adodge.com/autoshow/index.html

- Click on "webcams"
- "Pick an Instant Shot" - "Dodge Viper"
**or**
- Scroll down to the panorama
- The red spot in the lower-right corner of the panorama at the bottom is the 2003 Viper... click on that.

- Adjust the cam to your heart's delight!!!

You get a better look into the interior of the car this way, than you do at the show!!!

OP
OP
D

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It opens to the public in 30 minutes. I'm about a 7 minute train ride away, and heading there over my lunch hour.

Fortunately, the Dodge display is at the main entrance.

Dave

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, hope to see you there. I loved the car when I saw in Detroit, and I'm going back to see it in about an hour.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't seen the 03RT, that Chicago show web site is terrific! Look at post by dblankenbaker. I could zoom into the linkage for the convertible top, look at the dash, etc. Takes a little practice, but worth it.