Atlanta Viper Tech

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Palmer lost all of their Viper techs. I called around and was told that Landmark Dodge had the best tech. I scheduled an appointment, flew into town (I work in Ohio), got up at 5:30AM and drove 50 miles to Landmark. Checked in the car, sat for an hour, and was then told that the tech called in sick.

I have seen many posts about the ease of getting a Dodge worked on. I have not found that to be the case.

I am going back to Landmark next week. I will let you know how it goes this time.

Good luck.
Roy

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Landmark Dodge today to confirm my appointment only to find out that the service advisor I dealt with 2 weeks ago was gone. They further told me that the viper tech they have might call in sick the day before Christmas.

I called several dealers and found out that Palmer does have two viper techs. I am taking my car there on Thursday and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
Roy

OP
OP
P

Peter A

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The belief that Palmer Dodge lost all of its Viper Techs has been circulating around Atlanta for a couple of weeks. The President of the Atlanta Viper Club originated the statement and then withdrew it a couple of days later.

Today I spoke to Steph, a service writer at Palmer Dodge. He stated that there were three Viper techs at Palmer for "years". Just recently one of them left to move to Florida. The other two are still there.

As far as using Palmer, I do recommend them whenever the question is asked. I have used them for work on my ’97 GTS since I bought it. I do minor maintenance myself but I have had them; fix a minor brake problem, repair the passenger side window, replace the intake manifold gaskets and replace the electronic entry module. All under warranty so I can’t comment as to cost. In each instance they have been responsive and courteous. The car has been stored inside when left over night and no excess mileage has appeared on the odometer as I have read has happened at other dealers.

My one disappointment is that the parts Dept. consistently refuses to give me a Viper club discount on over the counter parts.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have taken my 98 to Palmer several times. Service was/is good. I also was very impressed with the Viper Tech - he went out of his way to take a ride and offer some advice on my detonation problem. BUT!!!!! I will tell you this. I asked them to put on a new set of tires - they took it to NTW (without my knowledge) left the car there, and one of the NTW guys took it for a spin and WRECKED IT. Everything was fixed to my satisfaction, but just a word of advice. Always set expectation levels and ask many questions. I felt like I was at fault for not getting all the answers up front. All in all though, for service, they are good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32