Battery Panel Removal

Earl

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Need some help please. I have an 03 Viper and am having difficulty removing the battery panel in the trunk. The cover only has two screws remaining, so it appears that the previous owner had some problems removing the panel. The tops of the two remaining screws are stripped. Is there a special technique for removing battery panel screws? The manual does not indicate that there is any technique for removal. Trying to give the battery a charge before storing. Also, can the battery be charged without removing the panel, i.e., from the post in the engine bay? Any advise would be appreciated.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you can charge it from the post in the engine bay. :beer:

My guess is the previous owner didn't have the tip seated all the way down in the screw when he was removing the screws. Anyway I believe there are a total of six screws and as far as I know you can only get access to change it out through there. (I changed mine out last year). In defense though of the previous owner those screws are a Bi%^H to get out for some reason. Even after I changed out my battery I later put in an amp for the stereo and the screws were that tough again (go figure). If they are stripped out you might be into running a drill bit down through the screw to destroy it and get some new ones from the local dealership. Hope that helps

OP
OP
E

Earl

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Couldn't believe that these screws were designed to be this difficult to remove. Could have been worse I guess. Panel ould have been welded on...