Brabus/Startech SRT WOW!!!! Pics

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As usual, Dodge forgot to bring a Viper to the Houston Auto Show, but Brabus and Startech did not!

You must be registered for see images

Contact is www.startech-usa.com

Matt Houston

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK, what size wheels and tires and how much? (Soon my wife is going to ban me from the internet
nono.gif
)

I LOVE the deep dish wheels. They make a car stand out so much!!

Thanks for the pics Matt.
supergrin.gif

ROB

OP
OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob,

The wheels are 20" Monostar V from Startech...
I believe the cost is somewhere between $8,000-$9,000 for the set. For more info, call (949)477-2496...ask for Robert Kelly who is the brand manager. Not sure of the tire size...

Matt

OP
OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SR2-110-35 STARTECH Monostar V spoke design
multi piece

front 11J x 20 H2 ET 35
brilliant silver painted
approved tire fitment: 285/ 30 ZR 20 Pirelli

Parts price $1,850.00

SR2-350-50 STARTECH Monostar V spoke design
multi piece

rear 13.5 x 20 H2 ET 55
brilliant silver painted
approved tire firment: 345/25 ZR 20 Pirelli

Parts price $2,095.00

(Directly from the catalogue...)

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
another forum member paid about $12k for the 20 inch startechs w/ tires if memory serves me correctly.. i dont think the above price is with tires included..

i saw a yellow rt10 with the 20 inch startechs at viper days today, and the above statement is true.. the deepdish really does make the wheels look truly awesome..

- eddie -

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Startech's on my 01 RT/10 now. They will be going on my SRT when I get it.
Matt, your pictures are my first look at them on the new Viper... they look great.

Jerry...don't even think about it.

DSC00503b.jpg

DSC00505b.jpg

024_24a.jpg

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gtsviper:
I have the Startech's on my 01 RT/10 now. They will be going on my SRT when I get it.
Matt, your pictures are my first look at them on the new Viper... they look great.

Jerry...don't even think about it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i believe this is the exact car i saw at viper days yesterday cruising the paddock in "**** mode"..
supergrin.gif

- eddie -

OP
OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed,

"The interior appointments are a fine leather trim, handmade by
by experienced master upholsterers who only use selected skins from tanneries that meet their high demands."

That's verbatim from the catalog...

The pkg...SR-LA-1 STARTECH Mastik leather trim
incl. 2 front seats,door faces,seats w/contours
for more lateral support, color of leather, piping and
stitching at request.

The price is $4,495.00

It looks like they simply applied the leather to the existing
surface areas.

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTSViper,

I was at the Houston Autoshow today and spoke to Robert about the Startech's on the SRT/10. He said the ones on the car are from a 2002 Viper, but they had to use 20mm spaces to make them fit on the rear because of the new brakes. He also said that since they stick out an inch past the body in back, they are going to make a new version for the SRT/10 with a different offset (ie. smaller lip) and possibly a new design pattern. So, unless you want to use the spacers, you are going to have to buy new ones.

When you get ready to buy the new ones, let me know and I will take those old used ones off your hands. I think I can find a good place to dispose of them properly.
supergrin.gif

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh yeah, one more thing. The interior they had in the one at the show was $12K because they added the leather to the roll bar, the dash, etc. The $4500 price was for their standard leather package on the GenIIs.

By the way, I did not like the red leather on the black SRT/10. I think it ruined the whole look of the "sinister" black car. But if you like the look, the quality was real good.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
IMHO it looks more like a pimpmobile than a bada$$ sports/race car. Too much Mercedes and not enough American Mopar! I'm keeping my ALL-AMERICAN VIPER. You can have the German/Iraq SRT.

OP
OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Black Venom...
The wheels are great (if not a bit pricey!), but the interior just doesn't go with the car. It just doesn't seem to look right...almost a bit on the orange side. A pure red with no real grain might look better.

Matt

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the spacers. I will have to do some research so I'm ready when the 03 arrives.
I'll let you know if I decide to sell the Startechs.
The Pirelli's are NOT run flats. There is no spare. I was discussing not only this issue with Michelin and PVO engineers at VOI but also think about this.
The runflats have a sensor to ensure there is sufficient air pressure and there is an indicator light on the dash. When I remove the stock wheels the signal will not be detected so the warning light will be on constantly. No one knows if there is a way to disable the warning light so I hope it is not too annoying. Chris, can you post a picture of what the air pressure warning light looks like?

Baron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From all the pictures of the Startechs that I've seen on Gen I or II cars (such as the yellow pic above), it appears that the wheels stick out a little bit too much (ie. they are too wide). Is that just the way the pictures make them look, or do they really stick out farther than the fender wells?

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,
Can you describe the interior in more detail? Was the existing plastic dash/console just wrapped in leather? Cost?
Thanks,
Ed

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some more pics of the very same show - I too was kinda bummed that Dodge didn't have Viper there but ah well...at least Startech did!

More pics of other cars (Enzo, Ford GT, Elise) in the Off Topic thread...

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Houston:
Alex,

Here is my other favorite from the show...

Matt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't like the Enzo? I figured thats probably the only time I'll ever be around or see that car. I doubt we'll see any at TWS.