Buying first Viper (Arizona) and need some help please.

flexcalibur

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing an '05 Yellow srt with approx. 5k miles from Diamondback Automotive Group (Phxcars.com) in Scottsdale Az. I'm having to do this sight unseen as I live in S.C. and was wondering if anyone in the area knows anything about this car or these dealers. Their feedback on ebay looks good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'd forget it and just call bill pemberton instead.

you'll want to buy a viper from a company that specializes in them and has the best reputation.
I don't know who DAG is but you'll want to know everything about this car and most used car dealeers will not know or will not tell you.

OP
OP
F

flexcalibur

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been going around and around about it, and I think you are right. I've talked to him on several occasions, and you'll not find a nicer guy.

Thanks

OP
OP
F

flexcalibur

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just moved from James Island this past July to Florence. I haven't had a chance to get back that way since I graduated. I miss it bad! I'm hoping that in a few years we'll be able to get a vacation house somewhere down there.

04_Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap you better make a mint the way Real estate is skyrocketing here!
Good luck and hope to see ya on the road!!

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just moved from James Island this past July to Florence. I haven't had a chance to get back that way since I graduated. I miss it bad! I'm hoping that in a few years we'll be able to get a vacation house somewhere down there.
Hey,you and Glenn aren't that far from me.We need to get the SC contingent together sometime-Snakepilot is in my area,and Viperfreak2 is near Spartanburg(I think).You guys know of any others?

OP
OP
F

flexcalibur

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That sounds great. I'm gonna need someone to teach me how to drive this beast. I've only driven a 94 RT-10 once. Besides that nothing with any power to speak of( 300 hp Mustang). I'm going to try to get to a Viper Days school as soon as possible too.

Reaction score
flex...., suggest you take a Skip Barber performance driving school asap. To get a discount on the Skip Barber school join the VCA first.

Viper Days is a fantastic open track event. But I like the idea of learning car control first. AT Skip Barber they provide the cars.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
if you have a prior owner name on the car I can let you know if it was owned by an AZ member and maybe the history.

Also, call eddie martin of bill luke dodge, 602-242-4600, an exc. viper tech that has worked on most AZ vipers. if it was AZ owned he likely serviced the car. he also checks out viper pre-sale. small fee, but worthwhile.

OP
OP
F

flexcalibur

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fred,

I was under the impression that Viper Days offered something like that. Skip Barber sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Thank you very much.

Marv,

Thank you for the offer and info, but I just sent Bill P. a deposit. I'm going with a new one and save the headaches.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't go wrong dealing with Bill P.-his reputation on this board is outstanding.Let us know when you get your Snake.I think the Skip Barber school would be a great idea for you.I had no experience with them personally until an SRT Track Experience last fall;they provided the instruction for the day,and I was quite impressed-they are excellent instructors!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Flex,

Good decision. Ask Bill P. what temperature he likes his Saki. Then ask him to do one of his many "voices" for you.

You are lucky to have Tom Sessions nearby.

Dan

OP
OP
F

flexcalibur

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, Bill is a great guy. I got to hear his "southern" voice as he was telling me a story that convinced me to go with the yellow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang