Viper Exchange Help

GT3RS_27149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Viper nation,

I've been a longtime fan and admirer of all Vipers (beginning with the Gen Is) and just recently purchased a Gen V 2017 GTC. Dream car through and through for me, but the month-long honeymoon has certainly been short lived.

My Viper has under 3k miles (200 easy miles by me) and it came with a Stage II kit already installed by Viper Exchange at the time of purchase (about 800 miles ago).
On last Sunday the engine suffered a mechanical failure. I don't want to get into any assumptions right now, as this is not the purpose of this thread as I don't have any facts yet.

At this point, I'm moving forward with the only option that I have, which is to ship it back to Viper Exchange (1,500 miles from me), let them diagnose the issue and go from there. I understand that they have a good reputation within the Viper community.

I'm looking for anyone who has history with them, good or bad, and anyone who might be close by willing to be an independent-party / local advisor for me. I really don't know them at all, other than their reputation. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My Viper is due to arrive at the shop by the end of the week.

BTW - please feel free to private message me. thank you!

BadAzp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you check to see if the TB warning test was done before buying it?
Some gen 5s have bearing problems due to sand left in block casting, or so ive heard

landlords1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have been a customer of Viper Exchange for over 20 years. Never had any issues with them. Top shelf organization

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you check to see if the TB warning test was done before buying it?
Some gen 5s have bearing problems due to sand left in block casting, or so ive heard
What is a TB warning test?

PS, The issue that you are probably referring to with the bearing comment would be the R28 recall testing for selected 2013-2014 Vipers. Recently an insider commented on another forum as to what the debris actually was. Not casting sand as I also thought from reading posts back when it was a major topic.

BadAzp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I meant to put a slash between the tb/warning test but yes, R28, although i thought their were 2 of them. So not sand, milling/hole drilling shavings/debris?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still didn't get it; but after some thought, I figured out that "TB" must be short for "Technical Service Bulletin."
PM sent about the debris issue.