cleaning microfiber

mike007

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all.

I cleaned my microfiber towels in the washing machine, then delicate cycle in the dryer. They are clean but, how do I get the trapped lint and small particles out of the microfiber yarns? thanks:rolleyes:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold water wash, liquid detergent, air dry. If it touches the ground, it goes in the 'engine cleaning' bin.

If they were used for polishing or engine cleaning, I do wash in hot water to break up the wax and brake dust. A friend of mine runs a detail shop here, he color codes each towel....blue is for body of car only, yellow for wheels, green for engine compartment, etc.

Pinnacle makes a Microfiber rejuvenator that's awsome.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My washing machine has a cycle called 'sanitary'...temperature is 155 degrees and the cycle takes 2 hours to run, but microfibers come out great...air dry. I also have have different microfiber groups...paint, interior, engine, rims.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you wash them seperately and don't use fabric softener sheets. You can get the trapped particles out if you boil them in hot water. My wife loves with I make microfiber soap.;)

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um. Because we can? :dunno:

Just like why I drive a vehicle that turns heads and gets 10 mpg? :lmao:

Well of course I expected that answer, just thought there might be something I didn't know as to why you wouldn't use a rag to clean the engine bay. I try not to use my microfiber towels on engine bay or under the car or wheel wells until they are just rags and no longer usable on paint or interior.

SLICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Washing Microfiber Towels :

Typically I use Little Era , Wash them ( cold water only ) then i take one of the cheaper ones and run it in the dryer solo for 15-20 min , then put that towel off to the side . and dry the other towels on delicate cycle .

oh and don't use fabric softener

- Slick -

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Washing Microfiber Towels :

Typically I use Little Era , Wash them ( cold water only ) then i take one of the cheaper ones and run it in the dryer solo for 15-20 min , then put that towel off to the side . and dry the other towels on delicate cycle .

oh and don't use fabric softener

- Slick -

What purpose does this serve??

SLICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What purpose does this serve??

I think washing towels has gotten like wine tasting. He's doing the "Napa" dryer conditioning, whilst like at my house I'll twist open a long neck and condition the dryer operator. :D

i'm thinking the 1st 1 is taking 1 for the team :dunno:

it is the sacrificial lamb that cleans the dryer for the others to follow :dunno:

shalom :D

Running a Cheap towel solo in the dryer picks up all the lint left in the dryer that was not in the lint trap .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang