Congrats John Hollandsworth! 701rwhp/702rwtq

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apologies for the delay in responding, guys! No nitrous, just our heads/cam @ 10 PSI which is an absolute joy to drive. We'll be adding our nitrous for John down the road once he's become acclimated with his new toy. I was only able to muster 300 break-in miles before we tuned her, so once John accumulates more miles we'll re-tune her with timing advance.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apologies for the delay in responding, guys! No nitrous, just our heads/cam @ 10 PSI which is an absolute joy to drive. We'll be adding our nitrous for John down the road once he's become acclimated with his new toy. I was only able to muster 300 break-in miles before we tuned her, so once John accumulates more miles we'll re-tune her with timing advance.

Thats awesome Larry. Pm me the details on your head/cam package. I assume the 10psi requires a new fuel system (rather than just the MSD volage booster).

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you port match the intake?

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Did you port match the intake?

[/QUOTE]

Hello Jim,

Yes, Sir, we have a CNC program that port matches the Roe intake to our CNC cylinder heads. Thanks!

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome Larry. Pm me the details on your head/cam package. I assume the 10psi requires a new fuel system (rather than just the MSD volage booster).

[/QUOTE]

Hello Ian,

I will happily include that aspect of our upgrade in a PM, Sir. Thanks!

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Jim,

You know I always give you good deals cause I love you, man! BTW, are you coming to the V10 Nats here in December?

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot the most important ingredient! John's Viper, as does Vern Hill's, utilizes our newly designed Airbox.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot the most important ingredient! John's Viper, as does Vern Hill's, utilizes our newly designed Airbox.

Larry, Since you're spending all your time on the internet these days, just who the hell is tuning all these cars? Has Wendy finally come up to speed? How much RWHP does your airbox provide? You'll recall I did attempt to buy one. :D :usa:

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I've been working my butt off this week since my Scott is on vacation in the Keys.

I know you attempted to purchase our Airbox, but you chose to stay with Brand X, which is fine.

The cool factor alone, it's worth 100 horsepower easy. I haven't performed any back to back dyno testing to give you a scientific measurement, although I will be doing so soon.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I've been working my butt off this week since my Scott is on vacation in the Keys.

I know you attempted to purchase our Airbox, but you chose to stay with Brand X, which is fine.

The cool factor alone, it's worth 100 horsepower easy. I haven't performed any back to back dyno testing to give you a scientific measurement, although I will be doing so soon.

Do you have the polished version in stock and can you post up a picture of same in your free time? :cool: :usa:

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apologies, Jim, I do not have one in stock. I just sold the last one I had on hand. Additionally, I was going to take PICs of the last (3) Viper's we released and I completely forgot to do so. I have a new camera and new batteries, but it just escaped my mind. I thought you looked at our Airbox on Tony Rockhold's sapphire GTS?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scott has time off....

WHAT ??????

You suppose to be a slave driver....

Get the whip out and crack on Doug......

We will get ahold of Wendy and she will take the whip to you.....

OOOOOOH..........

I forgot she says you enjoy the whip treatment!

Cudaman :usa:

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sweet, this car has a different and deep sound to it. I think Larry's new cam profile and heads are gonna be a winner. Shelby I have a picture of the air box as my car was one of the first ones to get the box. I don't know how to post pictures, but will email it to someone that does. The box makes a great statement and looks super cool through the naca duct. My car did go its fastest with the box.

FrankTHutchens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet, this car has a different and deep sound to it. I think Larry's new cam profile and heads are gonna be a winner. Shelby I have a picture of the air box as my car was one of the first ones to get the box. I don't know how to post pictures, but will email it to someone that does. The box makes a great statement and looks super cool through the naca duct. My car did go its fastest with the box.

Did it? In your Original post (click) almost a year ago, it was noted that at the same time the updated VEC2 was added to your car, and how that VEC2 allowed all kinds of fuel and timing adjustments.
If there hasn't been any independent and seperate back to back testing of the airbox then it's just conjecture. I'd bet it was the VEC2 that gave you your gain. 565hp is not a superior number for a 5spi Roe car.

There was some ranting in another old post about how the airbox allowed more cold air while at the same time the notion of restricted airflow due to all the bends (not to mention the increased intake tract length) in the new box has was dismissed as non-important by the guy who makes them ...if I read that thread correctly.

...In 11 months there's been no independent verification. Just left-handed claims. Whcih brings us back to the question of how much cold air is coming into the OEM system as-is. If the new box is drawing through the same NACA duct how is it better? Because it's sealed to the duct? Measured airbox inlet temps by one individual in the Vipair superthread showed underhood airbox inlet temps to be not much different than ambient. (but then no one else has done any testing have they?)

I don't buy it. The once-vaunted K&N box was sealed to the hood and only had one severe bend in each tract-it failed miserably didn't it? All those bends in the new(est) box fly in the face of conventional airflow thinking.

- Not a hater, just want some proof, from someone at arm's length from the source would be nice.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some airbox pics.
6316ShowLetter-med.jpg

6316ShowLetter1-med.jpg

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't buy it. The once-vaunted K&N box was sealed to the hood and only had one severe bend in each tract-it failed miserably didn't it? All those bends in the new(est) box fly in the face of conventional airflow thinking.

- Not a hater, just want some proof, from someone at arm's length from the source would be nice.

[/QUOTE]

Are you in the market for an airbox? I think it is the best looking airbox out there. It is designed to work with the Roe Supercharger setup, I doubt the small bend or bends contribute to any reduction in flow, the supercharger would **** a golf ball through a garden hose. You say that my HP numbers are un-impressive, there are few or none track proven 5lb creampuffs that are running as fast as my car is. Just ask the many 600-700 horsepower cars that have seen my tailights.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a nice looking setup and great results!

Pity the poor unsuspecting bee that flies too close to that NACA duct :D that blower at 6000rpm will **** in a stray dog! :2tu: